Floridas Toxic Waters

It's not bad enough to be bothered by every insect known to exist, poisonous snakes, pythons, alligators, sharks, jellyfish, and drug dealers, now you gotta watch out for jumping sturgeons in Florida ?

Yep we see them all the time when we took the boat down the river,they do love to jump.I want to go to where the monkeys are jumping and doing the backstroke across the water. We will be ready for any giant snake who comes near though. he will be a dead giant snake.Stinky keys,sorry.

Last edited:
The BP effect we're gonna see for decades.
Red tides aren't a new phenomenon. They occur numerous places around the US and Canada from Vancouver to the Gulf of Maine. They usually happen during the summer and many people believe that you should not eat shellfish during months without an R because they are summer months, temps are up and red tides appear making shellfish toxic to consume.

This is true but Red Tide is usually not so toxic as it is now along with oceans warming ,human waste ,fertilizers feeding it ,so its more abundant.
We've made Red Tide worse and add to that the algae in the fresh waters umping into the oceans to save the foregn sugar beet farmer who got leaders [on both sides] to close off naturaal flow to EverGlades and build canals East and West to dump waster into the gulf and Atlantc coastlines.

Now the mentals from up north and Ca. are moving here to make Florida into what they ran from.
I think a high tax rate to fight this is coming soon ,just my guess.
There is a Red Tide and a Blue Tide. The Blue Tide is run off from phosphates and farming chemicals and it pools in lake/water ponding areas inside the state from articles in the past. The big Lake in South Florida has some issues at times.

Florida sits on a swamp with very little fresh water other than springs. Big Biz and so called protection agencies have allowedthe provlem to woesen instead of steps to comtrol whats causing the poisoning of the its preciuos resource.

red tide is a fact of life------I do not believe that there is "something to do about it"

Its caused by excessive fertilizer run off.. Florida refuses to comply with EPA standards but wants Federal help when Red tide wrecks tourism.

For now they have a bigger problem. There are hundreds of high rise buildings on the beach at risk from water intrusion and sink holes.

Florida sits on a swamp with very little fresh water other than springs. Big Biz and so called protection agencies have allowedthe provlem to woesen instead of steps to comtrol whats causing the poisoning of the its preciuos resource.

red tide is a fact of life------I do not believe that there is "something to do about it"

Its caused by excessive fertilizer run off.. Florida refuses to comply with EPA standards but wants Federal help when Red tide wrecks tourism.

For now they have a bigger problem. There are hundreds of high rise buildings on the beach at risk from water intrusion and sink holes.

ioajo0i91fb71.jpg

ioajo0i91fb71.jpg

Nice cherry picking meme. Got a link that isn't a twisted lib site? Let's look at your meme. #1 and #5, First, who decides what fairness is. There is no income tax, so property tax (on property owners) and sales tax on the consumer is where the majority comes from. As for toll roads, if you don't want to pay the toll, don't drive on the road. The people who pay for the road are the ones that use it. What could be more fair. Jobless benefits--Good. It keeps their unemployment numbers in the lower half at 4.8%. The bullshit numbers on mass shootings are irrelevant--whack job shooters are going to shoot where ever they loon out. Check worldpopulationreview.com and you will find that the #1 and #2 positions are held by solid blue CA and IL respectively. Try again moron.

That is one of the causes, but still Red Tide has been there many decades ago too before fertilizer because in use.

Please show us where it says Florida isn't complying EPA standards.

ioajo0i91fb71.jpg

Not on topic and no source either, your post is trolling.

ioajo0i91fb71.jpg

florida is toxic because of GOP

ioajo0i91fb71.jpg

Your opinion is noted. CA, OR, WA, NY, MD, IL, and MO are shitholes because of the communist democrat party.

The fact that the wealthiest, land of the hardest working by far, has pollution issues is disgusting. I'm adding it to my negatives list.

ioajo0i91fb71.jpg

Your opinion is noted. CA, OR, WA, NY, MD, IL, and MO are shitholes because of the communist democrat party.

i269zkv73db71.jpg

ioajo0i91fb71.jpg

Then you have nothing cogent to share just your usual partisan baloney.

That is one of the causes, but still Red Tide has been there many decades ago too before fertilizer because in use.

Please show us where it says Florida isn't complying EPA standards.

Welcome to Florida Department of Environmental Protection
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has granted Florida the assumption of the 404 program (the federal permitting program to regulate the discharge of dredged or fill material into wetlands and other waters of the U.S.). ... Algal Bloom Monitoring, Response and Updates ... The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is the state’s ...

Ag. interests: EPA water rules not the ‘proper solution ...
In a July 14 letter sent to the Florida congressional delegation, a large group of industry and agricultural representatives say that a set of water pollution standards are not the solution for algal blooms and fish kills plaguing many parts of Florida.

State HABs Monitoring Programs and Resources | US EPA
Mar 18, 2021 · District of Columbia Department of Energy and Environment, Algae Blooms in District Waters Florida Department of Environmental Protection: Blue-Green Algae Information Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, HAB Map

Florida’s air quality is great — just don’t inhale the ...
Jul 01, 2021 · The only good thing about the repeated blue-green algae disasters is that it has led to a lot of scientific research on algae blooms. For instance, an Ohio University study in 2017 linked blue-green algae toxins with a cluster of fatal liver disease cases in …

EPA’s Standards to Address Nutrient Pollution in Florida’s ...
EPA’s Standards to Address Nutrient Pollution in Florida’s Lakes and Flowing Waters . Frequently Asked Questions . 1. What is “nutrient pollution”? Nutrient pollution is made up of phosphorus and nitrogen and causes harmful algae blooms -- the thick, green muck that fouls clear water and harms ecosystems across the state of Florida.

The BP effect we're gonna see for decades.
Red tides aren't a new phenomenon. They occur numerous places around the US and Canada from Vancouver to the Gulf of Maine. They usually happen during the summer and many people believe that you should not eat shellfish during months without an R because they are summer months, temps are up and red tides appear making shellfish toxic to consume.

This is true but Red Tide is usually not so toxic as it is now along with oceans warming ,human waste ,fertilizers feeding it ,so its more abundant.
We've made Red Tide worse and add to that the algae in the fresh waters umping into the oceans to save the foregn sugar beet farmer who got leaders [on both sides] to close off naturaal flow to EverGlades and build canals East and West to dump waster into the gulf and Atlantc coastlines.

Now the mentals from up north and Ca. are moving here to make Florida into what they ran from.
I think a high tax rate to fight this is coming soon ,just my guess.
There is a Red Tide and a Blue Tide. The Blue Tide is run off from phosphates and farming chemicals and it pools in lake/water ponding areas inside the state from articles in the past. The big Lake in South Florida has some issues at times.

This goes back to when Governor Rick Scott asked for Federal help to clean it up.

'A Government-Sponsored Disaster': Florida Asks For ...

Jul 09, 2016 · Because of the massive algae bloom, Florida Gov. Rick Scott has asked President Obama to declare a federal emergency and make federal emergency funds available. The White House rejected the...

As New Algae Bloom Spreads Across Lake Okeechobee, Florida ...
May 19, 2021 · ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.―Conservation groups sent a letter today urging Florida officials to set water-quality standards for the harmful toxins in algal blooms that threaten the health of the state’s residents and wildlife.. The request comes after the Florida Department of Environmental Protection announced on May 5 that, even as a 500-square-mile algae bloom is spreading across Lake ...

This goes back to when Governor Rick Scott asked for Federal help to clean it up.

'A Government-Sponsored Disaster': Florida Asks For ...

Jul 09, 2016 · Because of the massive algae bloom, Florida Gov. Rick Scott has asked President Obama to declare a federal emergency and make federal emergency funds available. The White House rejected the...

From what I read both Scott was in the pocket of big sugar which is another one the causes since theydirected the toxic glow east and west instead if letting it flow naturaly into the Everglades.Sadly it looks like DeSantis is too.

All this Yankee filth move here to Florida and pollute the state.

They fucked up the area they moved from and are here in Florida fucking things up for us.

We need to export all the Yankee filth.

Set up stations on the access roads. Only people who can prove their ancestors fought for the Confederacy would be allowed into the state and airports.

Close down Disney, Universal and demolish all those beach condos.

Let the Cubans stay but deport the fucking Haitians and Illegals all the other other third world shitheads.

Kick out any Negro that is on welfare.

After getting all the Northern scum out of the state revert back to an agriculture economy.

Return to paradise like it was pre Disney.

Forum List

Back