Floridas Toxic Waters

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
Florida sits on a swamp with very little fresh water other than springs. Big Biz and so called protection agencies have allowedthe provlem to woesen instead of steps to comtrol whats causing the poisoning of the its preciuos resource.

The BP effect we're gonna see for decades.
Pensacola Beach 2010
1625067806229.png

Last edited:
Florida sits on a swamp with very little fresh water other than springs. Big Biz and so called protection agencies have allowedthe provlem to woesen instead of steps to comtrol whats causing the poisoning of the its preciuos resource.

red tide is a fact of life------I do not believe that there is "something to do about it"

Red tides aren't a new phenomenon. They occur numerous places around the US and Canada from Vancouver to the Gulf of Maine. They usually happen during the summer and many people believe that you should not eat shellfish during months without an R because they are summer months, temps are up and red tides appear making shellfish toxic to consume.

Tampa Bay built the second largest reverse osmosis plant in the world to desalt seawater.

Red tides aren't a new phenomenon. They occur numerous places around the US and Canada from Vancouver to the Gulf of Maine. They usually happen during the summer and many people believe that you should not eat shellfish during months without an R because they are summer months, temps are up and red tides appear making shellfish toxic to consume.
Ed Buskey is a professor at the University of Texas Marine Science Institute and one of the authors of a paper called Oil Spills and Dispersants Can Cause the Initiation of Potentially Harmful Dinoflagellate Blooms (“Red Tides”)

Ed Buskey is a professor at the University of Texas Marine Science Institute and one of the authors of a paper called Oil Spills and Dispersants Can Cause the Initiation of Potentially Harmful Dinoflagellate Blooms (“Red Tides”)
red tide happens anyway-----even without oil spills-----the little protozoans have their way

I have heard of red tides along US coasts for over a hundred years. They aren't new. Red tides and algal blooms, facts and information

red tide happens anyway-----even without oil spills-----the little protozoans have their way
Red Algae is poison. Read the newspaper on your day off.

Tampa Bay built the second largest reverse osmosis plant in the world to desalt seawater.

Hope they can also purify it since our coastal waters are also toxic,killing fish and sealife.

Red Algae is poison. Read the newspaper on your day off.
yes it is-----and its a natural thing-----just like poison mushrooms

I don't know how to fix this problem but I do know we are running out of time and water;

Covid just made boat sales the item to have in a pandemic. Now that gas is about to be rationed and waters are not good to even breath,they said [don't breath the water] that may not have been a good idea in many ways.

I don't know how to fix this problem but I do know we are running out of time and water;

Covid just made boat sales the item to have in a pandemic. Now that gas is about to be rationed and waters are not good to even breath,they said [don't breath the water] that may not have been a good idea in many ways.
Isn't is common knowledge that breathing water is detrimental to your health? LOL

Isn't is common knowledge that breathing water is detrimental to your health? LOL
depends on how much

I can remember the vapors from the Cuyahoga River growing up in Ohio ( the famous river that caught fire) -. so thankfully, they cleaned it up when the Nixon administration started the EPA, and now it's Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

Reverse osmosis eliminates all water problems and easy for the high paid canister changers.

I can remember the vapors from the Cuyahoga River growing up in Ohio ( the famous river that caught fire) -. so thankfully, they cleaned it up when the Nixon administration started the EPA, and now it's Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
Didn't NY have to deal with Love Canal during that time as well?

This is true but Red Tide is usually not so toxic as it is now along with oceans warming ,human waste ,fertilizers feeding it ,so its more abundant.
We've made Red Tide worse and add to that the algae in the fresh waters umping into the oceans to save the foregn sugar beet farmer who got leaders [on both sides] to close off naturaal flow to EverGlades and build canals East and West to dump waster into the gulf and Atlantc coastlines.

Now the mentals from up north and Ca. are moving here to make Florida into what they ran from.
I think a high tax rate to fight this is coming soon ,just my guess.

Reverse osmosis eliminates all water problems and easy for the high paid canister changers.

I lived near Grand River, Ohio and it never saw battle except in the War of 1812.

Sometimes. We just put lots of work and money into our little boat and now may not be able to use it. What are we going to do onlt fish that are triving are the damn deadly 200 lb.sturgions down here in the rivers.
I'm running out of lemonaide for my lemons.

Forum List

Back