- Aug 16, 2015
- Reaction score
Here's a general rundown of the Florida anti-riot bill (leftists are already flipping out - ha ha) >>
1. grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road.
2.. allows authorities to hold arrested demonstrators from posting bail until after their first court date. (screw you ACLU, BLM, et al)
3. increases the charge for battery on a police officer during a riot. (in case anybody doesn't know what "battery" means in Florida, it is any unrequested touching, and includes things being thrown)
4. adds language that could force local governments to justify a reduction in law enforcement budgets. (thereby stopping them from defunding police)
5. allows people to sue local governments over personal or property damages, if they were determined to have interfered with law enforcement response, during civil unrest.
(not gonna be any Mayor Wheeler or Durkans here)
6. increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments.
7. creates a new crime, "mob intimidation."
Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday signed into law Florida’s "anti-riot" bill, which increases penalties for crimes committed during a riot and is aimed at "combating public disorder."www.foxnews.com
Thanks for the link. I'm shocked the MSM didn't start with that part of the bill. You know how they are, DeSantis made it legal to kill protesters or something along those lines. The leftist media is losing their grip.