Florida new anti-riot law

Here's a general rundown of the Florida anti-riot bill (leftists are already flipping out - ha ha) >>

1. grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road.

2.. allows authorities to hold arrested demonstrators from posting bail until after their first court date. (screw you ACLU, BLM, et al)

3. increases the charge for battery on a police officer during a riot. (in case anybody doesn't know what "battery" means in Florida, it is any unrequested touching, and includes things being thrown)

4. adds language that could force local governments to justify a reduction in law enforcement budgets. (thereby stopping them from defunding police)

5. allows people to sue local governments over personal or property damages, if they were determined to have interfered with law enforcement response, during civil unrest.
(not gonna be any Mayor Wheeler or Durkans here)

6. increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments.

7. creates a new crime, "mob intimidation."

Thanks for the link. I'm shocked the MSM didn't start with that part of the bill. You know how they are, DeSantis made it legal to kill protesters or something along those lines. The leftist media is losing their grip.

I think what they are really afraid of is people will not be that interested in just protesting. Many I'm sure are hoping it will turn into a riot. It's kind of like people watch NASCAR to see the accidents. If there's no accidents, then it's pretty boring.

Nobody is stopping them from rioting, but you just can't do it in a Republican state. You want to riot, riot in Portland.
Sure , Portland is a lost cause anyway. Garbage city.

It’s not an ‘anti-riot’ law, it’s an anti-freedom of expression law.

So much for ‘small government’ conservatives.

How is it anti-free expression? The law is about rioting and increased penalties to make sure it doesn't happen. Rioting is not freedom of expression, it's destroying public and private property which is already against the law.
More government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty, it's the conservative way.

i don't have any problem with any law that increases penalties for those who commit theft, robbery, assault during protests. The problem is, laws like this are never so clear, cut and dry. During protests many peaceful protestors are gathered up and charged with all sorts of things just for being there. Just recently an asian cnn reporter was arrested, met with racism, strip searched, given an orange jumpsuit and placed in jail for simply covering the protests. Did she fit the profile for a violent rioter? This didn't even happen during the capitol riots, to actual ppl looking to overthrow the government that day, many of which belong to white nationalist and neo nazi groups. White priviledge truly is great. Laws such as this are almost always some sort of preamble to restrict the rights of citizens even further, even neo nazis. No good will come of this.

Any link to the CNN reporter because I never heard of that. I can't believe she got arrested without doing something wrong or disobeying police orders. That would infringe on her constitutional rights. The laws are already on the books for rioting, looting and destroying private and public property. All this law does is increase the penalties to make it a stronger deterrent.

How many journalists have you seen arrested and assaulted by police just for standing away from the protests and simply filming and reporting. You even see this in footage many times. In any of those instances, did you ever see a single reporter throwing rocks at police, setting cars or buildings on fire, or looting? :laugh:

Every authoritarian throughout history has used some variation of the "law and order" catchphrase to justify just about anything. You won't even know your rights have been taken away until you've lost them. Good luck backing these politicians.

If a motorist was to run over protestors blocking traffic, it would not be that motorist who killed anyone,. He is just driving his car on a legal roadway. The protestor would have killed himself.

No motorist should be required to stop for an illegal protester committing an illegal act. The blocked car could be a pregnant woman on the way to the hospital, ready to give birth, could be someone with a snake bite, or bleeding badly. Could be a fire truck on the way to a fire. Could be a police car, with desperate people waiting, who are in danger, etc.

I'd say blocking traffic ought to be a 1st degree felony, punishable by 30 years in prison. Mayors who allow traffic blocking ought to be arrested as well.

Last edited:
Sorry, you have no liberty to destroy private and public property, rob stores, harm police officers and innocent people than you do carjacking somebody.
But theses are the "individual liberties" that C_Clayton_Jones, and other leftist lunatics want themselves to have. It is our job to make sure they do not get those criminal liberties.

For those of you on the left confused as to what real leadership looks like, all you have to do is look at Republican Governor Ron DeSantis. Harsher penalties for rioters and you cannot damage any monuments of any kind. In those commie parts of the state, it would fine all local governments who interfere with policing during a riot.

This is how to do things the RIGHT way.

I've never considered living in Florida before. I'm seriously considering it now.

It’s not an ‘anti-riot’ law, it’s an anti-freedom of expression law.

So much for ‘small government’ conservatives.

How is it anti-free expression? The law is about rioting and increased penalties to make sure it doesn't happen. Rioting is not freedom of expression, it's destroying public and private property which is already against the law.
More government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty, it's the conservative way.
Actually this law does a lot of make govt smaller. It takes away qualified immunity from Govt officials that turn a blind eye to the rioters and looters. I thought the left was all about removing qualified immunity?

For those of you on the left confused as to what real leadership looks like, all you have to do is look at Republican Governor Ron DeSantis. Harsher penalties for rioters and you cannot damage any monuments of any kind. In those commie parts of the state, it would fine all local governments who interfere with policing during a riot.

I've never considered living in Florida before. I'm seriously considering it now.
Right? I think I can handle the bugs and gators when you have a Govt like this....no income taxes, and strong stance against insurrectionist and rioters!

So Trump gets fined?

You see, this kind of crap burns me. It's already against the law to do any of that! Stop wasting time and money and enforce the gd laws already there!

The left hates the conservative motto: A strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried.

The problem with the conservative motto is it runs up against liberty and rights. Every time.

Maybe the problem is that we're trying to teach it to leftists who think they have a right to loot and burn and kill. Every time.

The problem with the conservative motto is it runs up against liberty and rights. Every time.

Burning down cities is what you call liberty? Where is this right written that says you can start police cars on fire and rob Walgreen's stores when you're pissed about something?

Funny. You are the only one saying that. Do you always lie?

Local officials can be sued if protests get out of hand. Law is going to force them to clamp down on protests of any kind.

Jail time for blocking streets. So huge groups of peaceful protestors have no space to protest do they?

It's fine line (but that's not a problem for authoritarian loving wingers).

Funny that you think he's the only one saying that, since lots of people have been saying that ever since the left started looting and burning down cities last year, and obedient little drones like you started lying about it for your masters.

"Huge groups of peaceful protesters" can get permits to block the streets. So why don't you stop trying to hide your pet thugs behind the label of "peaceful protesters"?

There's only a "fine line" if you're trying to defend violent anarchy for your agenda. To sane, decent people, the line's pretty clear.

Jail time for blocking streets. So huge groups of peaceful protestors have no space to protest do they?

It's fine line (but that's not a problem for authoritarian loving wingers).
Yes, of course they have space to protest. What a weird post. Did you think traveled roadways were the only place protestors could go to protest ? In the 60s, I participated in over 100 protests (about the Vietnam War). We never once blocked a street, or engaged in violence.

Last edited:

Right? I think I can handle the bugs and gators when you have a Govt like this....no income taxes, and strong stance against insurrectionist and rioters!

Shoot, I already live with scorpions, rattlesnakes, and Gila monsters. Bugs and gators is just a change of pests. And a loss of the biggest pests, left-wing rioters!

So Trump gets fined?

Mad Maxine had best not even visit.

Interesting that the law mandates how much localities must spend on law enforcement. Big government is OK is you control the government I guess.
Militarizing the police....wonder what DeSantis is up to.
What is Desantis up---Preventing Florida cities from being burned like the lib cities are along with also preventing the robberies, extortion, assaults, rapes, and murder that have been surrounding the dem riots. Desantis is a smart man--he is even trying to allow we Florida drivers to run over protestors---------block my Suv in, and I will be taking my chances with the court system as I run over and do spin outs on protestors.

Interesting that the law mandates how much localities must spend on law enforcement. Big government is OK is you control the government I guess.
Militarizing the police....wonder what DeSantis is up to.
What is Desantis up---Preventing Florida cities from being burned like the lib cities are along with also preventing the robberies, extortion, assaults, rapes, and murder that have been surrounding the dem riots. Desantis is a smart man--he is even trying to allow we Florida drivers to run over protestors---------block my Suv in, and I will be taking my chances with the court system as I run over and do spin outs on protestors.

Just remember this word: "Whoops!"

New Topics

Forum List

Back