Florida new anti-riot law

You see, this kind of crap burns me. It's already against the law to do any of that! Stop wasting time and money and enforce the gd laws already there!

The left hates the conservative motto: A strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried.

Interesting that the law mandates how much localities must spend on law enforcement. Big government is OK is you control the government I guess.

That wasn't in the OP. What it said is it restricts towns and cities from interfering with law enforcement during a riot. You know, like if they have to send in the state troopers.

The problem is that most of the time, the criminal is the government.
For example, invading foreign countries, Prohibition, the War on Drugs, 3 strikes laws, asset forfeiture, federal gun control laws, etc., are all totally and completely illegal.

So then when government is corrupt, rioting then not only is warranted, but the only way to get government to change at all. If that is not clear enough, then read the Declaration of Independence. That should make it more clear.

Interesting that the law mandates how much localities must spend on law enforcement. Big government is OK is you control the government I guess.

That wasn't in the OP. What it said is it restricts towns and cities from interfering with law enforcement during a riot. You know, like if they have to send in the state troopers.
You might want to read your linked articles more carefully.

You see, this kind of crap burns me. It's already against the law to do any of that! Stop wasting time and money and enforce the gd laws already there!

The left hates the conservative motto: A strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried.

The problem with the conservative motto is it runs up against liberty and rights. Every time.

It’s not an ‘anti-riot’ law, it’s an anti-freedom of expression law.

So much for ‘small government’ conservatives.

How is it anti-free expression? The law is about rioting and increased penalties to make sure it doesn't happen. Rioting is not freedom of expression, it's destroying public and private property which is already against the law.

The problem with the conservative motto is it runs up against liberty and rights. Every time.

Burning down cities is what you call liberty? Where is this right written that says you can start police cars on fire and rob Walgreen's stores when you're pissed about something?

Funny. You are the only one saying that. Do you always lie?

Local officials can be sued if protests get out of hand. Law is going to force them to clamp down on protests of any kind.

Jail time for blocking streets. So huge groups of peaceful protestors have no space to protest do they?

It's fine line (but that's not a problem for authoritarian loving wingers).

Funny. You are the only one saying that. Do you always lie?

Local officials can be sued if protests get out of hand. Law is going to force them to clamp down on protests of any kind.

Jail time for blocking streets. So huge groups of peaceful protestors have no space to protest do they?

It's fine line (but that's not a problem for authoritarian loving wingers).

No, I'm not the one saying that--you are. This bill does not address peaceful protests. It addresses violence, destruction, assault on police officers like throwing ice bottles at police or shooting off class A fireworks in their direction. It addresses the destruction of private and public property like defacing monuments or breaking all the windows of a store and looting it.

There is no fine line here. Sidewalks in a city go forever. There is zero reason to block streets or highways stopping emergency crews from getting through like ambulances and firetrucks unless you are doing so specifically to start trouble.

While your people are doing nothing, calling riots the Summer of Love, the future VP encouraging people to bailout lawbreakers so they can continue to break the law, your congresswoman encouraging to people to get even more violent isn't working. It's making things worse. What DeSantis is doing is making sure Miami doesn't look like Portland or Minneapolis today.

This shit isn't even hard.

These continue because they're allowed to.

Start shooting the pieces of trash and see how many show up for night 2.

Goof for DeSantis. Only sane governor in the whole damn country at this point...

I agree. I live in Florida and our Governor has stated rioters, looters and arsonists will be shot on sight in this state.

Shoot a few. As you say no one will turn up for night 2.

For those of you on the left confused as to what real leadership looks like, all you have to do is look at Republican Governor Ron DeSantis. Harsher penalties for rioters and you cannot damage any monuments of any kind. In those commie parts of the state, it would fine all local governments who interfere with policing during a riot.

This is how to do things the RIGHT way.

Too bad there was tougher laws in DC, they would have come in handy on Jan 6th.
The laws in DC were drastically changed by the Dem leadership in the city after the police responded to the Dem brownshirt insurrectionist earlier in the summer. The leftwingers in DC wanted to make looting and rioting easier. DC Mayor Signs Sweeping Police Reform Bill
I guess no one thought those law-and-order conservatives would do the same or worse as BLM.
I don't disagree...quite the surprise, uncharacteristic.
Unfortunately it is no surprise and too characteristic.
You realize you just did a 180 and completely contridicted yourself....good job...that was really quick

Since when was BLM destroying businesses and tearing down statues? They’ve been peaceful since day 1 and compare nothing to Jan 6th.

Ron Desantis just hates black people as he has referred to them as monkeys

He has? Have a credible link to that?

In case you weren't watching the news, there are people of all races in those riots, not just blacks.

That's true. The outrage over the murder of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and the thousands of other people of color the police have slain without cause is widespread. And here's your link.

Goof for DeSantis. Only sane governor in the whole damn country at this point...

I agree. I live in Florida and our Governor has stated rioters, looters and arsonists will be shot on sight in this state.

Wanna bet? Chauvin is going to be convicted and it will mark the beginning of the end of police immunity. Shoot a few protestors without cause and we'll see more police behind bars for murder.

Wanna bet? Chauvin is going to be convicted and it will mark the beginning of the end of police immunity. Shoot a few protestors without cause and we'll see more police behind bars for murder.

Police have immunity if they are following the orders of the Governor of that State you fucking idiot.

They won't be shooting protesters dumbass. They will be shooting rioters, arsonists and looters.

What an idiot you are.

I am a little surprised the left is so against this....I mean they have been whining about Govt agents having qualified immunity...this law takes that away from Govt Officials that get in the way of protecting citizens from mobs...isn't that a good thing?

Forum List

Back