Florida Democrat Rep calls Florida's proposed permitless carry law, 'fascism'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This guy must have been absent the day his night school class discussed the meaning of fascism.

Democratic Rep. Maxwell Frost says Florida's proposed permitless carry law is 'fascism'​

Rep. Frost said the proposed law 'will result in death'​

Freshman Rep. Maxwell Frost, D-Fla., said that Constitutional carry is "fascism," as Florida move towards allowing citizens to carry a firearm with fewer restrictions.

MSNBC's Joy Reid asked Frost about a new permitless carry bill that moved forward in the Florida House last week, as he awaited President Biden's State of the Union speech Tuesday evening.

"This is legislation that will result in death. People will die if this bill passes the Florida house and Florida senate and assigned by the governor. It's unfortunate, it's disappointing, it's not surprising," Frost said.

Here's the thing.....

People who are against this go on about how much more dangerous it would be if there were no permit requirement or fee requirement, citing extensive training one would need to be qualified to carry a weapon. Their arguments are misguided.

1). In EVERY instance where permits to carry were dropped, violent crime DROPPED. EVERY STATE.

2). Criminals are going to carry with no training regardless.

3). The RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS is not an opinion. Rights that require a permit and a fee are NOT RIGHTS.

Here's the thing.....

People who are against this go on about how much more dangerous it would be if there were no permit requirement or fee requirement, citing extensive training one would need to be qualified to carry a weapon. Their arguments are misguided.

1). In EVERY instance where permits to carry were dropped, violent crime DROPPED. EVERY STATE.

3). The RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS is not an opinion. Rights that require a permit and a fee are NOT RIGHTS.
I have a CCW permit. I don't think permitless carry law is a good idea. While many, if not most, criminals will get guns illegally, some may be stopped from obtaining a gun by the strict requirements, and some lives could be saved. If even one life is saved, that's worthwhile. That one life could be yours (ie. whoever is reading this)

PS - I'd like to see a link to the claim that >>>
In EVERY instance where permits to carry were dropped, violent crime DROPPED. EVERY STATE.

I have a CCW permit. I don't think permitless carry law is a good idea. While many, if not most, criminals will get guns illegally, some may be stopped from obtaining a gun by the strict requirements, and some lives could be saved. If even one life is saved, that's worthwhile. That one life could be yours (ie. whoever is reading this)

You do not understand the criminal mind nor the Constitution.

THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS IS NOT SUBJECT TO LEGISLATIVE OPINION .....nor what makes you "feel good" (or "feel safer")
A permit means you gave bureaucrats the power to decide for you when you may have your Constitutional Rights.

Secondly, too many states have shown clearly now that they are more than willing to use the Permitting system to DENY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.
When citizens are forced to beg for their Constitutional Rights, it is too easy for bureaucrats to deny them. That is the dangerous situation.
The insignificant number of criminals who will not get guns under your scenario is FAR outweighed by the deterrence effect on those same criminals simply knowing anyone around them could be armed. If your thinking was correct, no country would need nuclear deterrence. You are wrong. Completely and inherently.

Do your own research. Go to the FBI site and research gun deaths BEFORE and AFTER permit less concealed carry.
Then go to each state and get the information directly from THAT states bureau of investigations because the current FBI is not always 100% reliable or honest. I do not have the time to hold your hand and try to personally educate you.

Under your thinking more people will die. That has been proven time and time again. It is not a perfect situation but the Constitution and human history agree that safety comes from a position of strength. I'm not even sure why you (or anyone) would be willing to place your Constitutional RIGHTS in the hands of 3rd parties and bureaucrats? Do you have no faith in yourself and your own judgement? Do you think ALL people are fools?

Last edited:

One single life does not equal the rights for all of us.

This guy must have been absent the day his night school class discussed the meaning of fascism.

Democratic Rep. Maxwell Frost says Florida's proposed permitless carry law is 'fascism'​

People just want to be able to defend themselves from the Democrat Party's criminals and terrorists.

Most Dimwingers believe exercising your Constitutional rights is fascism.

They are complete nutbags.

Here's the thing.....

:clap::clap::clap:

Here's the thing.....

I agree with the right to conceal carry without a permit state by state.

I would add however that no right is absolute. Shit, if the 2nd was taken literally as written...things could get ugly fast.

You do not understand the criminal mind nor the Constitution.

THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS IS NOT SUBJECT TO LEGISLATIVE OPINION .....nor what makes you "feel good" (or "feel safer")
A permit means you gave bureaucrats the power to decide for you when you may have your Constitutional Rights.

Secondly, too many states have shown clearly now that they are more than willing to use the Permitting system to DENY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.
When citizens are forced to beg for their Constitutional Rights, it is too easy for bureaucrats to deny them. That is the dangerous situation.
The insignificant number of criminals who will not get guns under your scenario is FAR outweighed by the deterrence effect on those same criminals simply knowing anyone around them could be armed. If your thinking was correct, no country would need nuclear deterrence. You are wrong. Completely and inherently.

Do your own research. Go to the FBI site and research gun deaths BEFORE and AFTER permit less concealed carry.
Then go to each state and get the information directly from THAT states bureau of investigations because the current FBI is not always 100% reliable or honest. I do not have the time to hold your hand and try to personally educate you.

Under your thinking more people will die. That has been proven time and time again. It is not a perfect situation but the Constitution and human history agree that safety comes from a position of strength. I'm not even sure why you (or anyone) would be willing to place your Constitutional RIGHTS in the hands of 3rd parties and bureaucrats? Do you have no faith in yourself and your own judgement? Do you think ALL people are fools?
It's going to take me some time and effort to deal with your little handbook here, but here goes. Hope you appreciate the tutoring.

1. A permit is not much different than a driver's license, a security officer license, or any other license which is designed to PROTECT the public, from those who would be put in a position to do something that they are not qualified, or able to do safely. Permitless gun carrying is lunacy, which could put guns in the hands of serial killers, insane people, criminals with long criminal rap sheet records, etc. Nothing could be dumber. Whenever I hear objections to CCW permits, I suspect I'm talking to someone who, for some reason or another, is not able to obtain a CCW permit, and probably for good reason. Otherwise, they should have little or no objection.

2. Duly elected representitives having the power to decide for you when you may have your Constitutional Rights, is nothing new or unusual, at all. They make laws doing that all the time. Many are on the books and have been there for over 200 years. Example - 1st Amendment - many laws limit free speech > perjury, slander, libel, inciting a riot, threats, copyright infringement, etc.

3. Denying constitutional rights without just cause is wrong, but the answer to that is effective/reasonable legislating, not carelessly granting total freedom, in disregard of public safety.

4. The deterrence effect on criminals of knowing that anyone around them could be armed, is not dependent on permitless CCW law. It is in full operation right now, with CCW law that has permit CCW carriers being anywhere in public.

5. You dont have to hold my hand, but what you do have to do, if you want to be believed as a responsible poster in this forum, is to post sources/links to back up what you claim. Second time I'm having to ask for that. Your job - not mine.

6. Being willing to place your Constitutional RIGHTS in the hands of 3rd parties (elected representitives), is how our country functions, and it restricts freedoms in many ways by LAWS. These laws are PROTECTIONIST, by design, same as my display name in this forum.

It's going to take me some time and effort to deal with your little handbook here, but here goes. Hope you appreciate the tutoring.

1. A permit is not much different than a driver's license, a security officer license, or any other license which is designed to PROTECT the public, from those who would be put in a position to do something that they are not qualified, or able to do safely. Permitless gun carrying is lunacy, which could put guns in the hands of serial killers, insane people, criminals with long criminal rap sheet records, etc. Nothing could be dumber. Whenever I hear objections to CCW permits, I suspect I'm talking to someone who, for some reason or another, is not able to obtain a CCW permit, and probably for good reason. Otherwise, they should have little or no objection.

2. Duly elected representitives having the power to decide for you when you may have your Constitutional Rights, is nothing new or unusual, at all. They make laws doing that all the time. Many are on the books and have been there for over 200 years. Example - 1st Amendment - many laws limit free speech > perjury, slander, libel, inciting a riot, threats, copyright infringement, etc.

3. Denying constitutional rights without just cause is wrong, but the answer to that is effective/reasonable legislating, not carelessly granting total freedom, in disregard of public safety.

4. The deterrence effect on criminals of knowing that anyone around them could be armed, is not dependent on permitless CCW law. It is in full operation right now, with CCW law that has permit CCW carriers being anywhere in public.

5. You dont have to hold my hand, but what you do have to do, if you want to be believed as a responsible poster in this forum, is to post sources/links to back up what you claim. Second time I'm having to ask for that. Your job - not mine.

6. Being willing to place your Constitutional RIGHTS in the hands of 3rd parties (elected representitives), is how our country functions, and it restricts freedoms in many ways by LAWS. These laws are PROTECTIONIST, by design, same as my display name in this forum.

You should've stopped at #1!! It would've saved you from embarking on your long winded bullshit that followed.

Let me correct you; #1, driving is a privilege, not a right.
Gun ownership is a 2nd amendment protected right.

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRIVILEGE AND A RIGHT!!!

You can now consider yourself corrected!
:itsok:

You should've stopped at #1!! It would've saved you from embarking on your long winded bullshit that followed.

Let me correct you; #1, driving is a privilege, not a right.
Gun ownership is a 2nd amendment protected right.

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRIVILEGE AND A RIGHT!!!

You can now consider yourself corrected!
Freedom of speech is a constitutional right. Nevertheless, there are numerous exceptions to the 1st Amendment RIGHT of freedom of speech (as mentioned in post # 12), just as there are exceptions to the 2nd Amendement RIGHT to bear arms. Ho hum yawn*****

No charge for the tutoring.

Freedom of speech is a constitutional right. Nevertheless, there are numerous exceptions to the 1st Amendment RIGHT of freedom of speech (as mentioned in post # 12), just as there are exceptions to the 2nd Amendement RIGHT to bear arms. Ho hum yawn*****

No charge for the tutoring.

Especially in the case of convicted felons!!
They can't own firearms, can't vote, but can get their driving privilege back.

Like I said, learn the difference between rights and privileges, you twat-waffle dunce!!

Especially in the case of convicted felons!!
They can't own firearms, can't vote, but can get their driving privilege back.

Like I said, learn the difference between rights and privileges, you twat-waffle dunce!!
You are the dunce who wants to allow killers, lunatics, and God knows who else to carry a gun legally.
1) Insane
2) Stupid
Got a conflict of interest in this debate ? Ex-felon ?, or maybe your still in prison right now.

I'd rather have a universal carry Law. Good in one state, good in all states. At least that way the Permit has a basis.

Forum List

Back