Florida Contemplates Legalizing Driving Over Rioters

Its already legal if you are being attacked....if a mob surrounds your vehicle and begins breaking glass and smashing fenders you have a right to escape your attackers even if they are climbing on your car....even if you end up killing a few you have a right to escape danger.....
Yes but some prosecutors won't look at it in that light.

And they shouldn't. That opens the door to legalized murder.
Legalized murder? Of course a moonbat would come up with this oxymoron. Is legalized murder like abortion, by any chance?

Killing someone in self-defense is not murder, Einstein. Is it even manslaughter? Maybe in some states?

Only a RWNJ would come up with a legal way of murdering people who's views they don't agree with.
I understand your sensibilities, but he is not advocating legal murder. He is talking about limits of rights to self defense. While, I am no advocate for intentional vehicular homicide, it is more than a philosophic question. If traveling, a tourist in a city unfamiliar to you, turning down the wrong street at the wrong time, could place your life in jeopardy. Should you simply give up and assume your life and freedom from physical, malicious harm automatically forfeit, and your spouse, kids, grand kids also forfeit, if through no fault of your own you are surrounded, blocked from escape, as rioters attack you in your vehicle? It has happened. Philosophy may not be adequate to meet the day when baseball bats and galvanized pipe meet the windows of your light duty SUV.
But, at the same time, not okay for the Charlottesville killer J Fields to run his car through a crowd of protesters and murder Heather Heyer.....?

Under this law plowing through the antifa RIOTERs would have been fine. Which yes that is fine.

However, the person who was killed was not on the driveway, nor was she with Antifa as far as I recall. Obviously driving over people that are not on the driveway, and not rioting is not fine.

But good point that the law should be expanded so those kinds of scenarios no longer take place. If antifa shows to violently terrorize an event they should be promptly shipped to jail. Heather is dead because Antifa chased a person in a car, let them never do that again.

Florida will almost certainly be a hot bed of riots come election day. But there are some good news, new laws are being passed to help Americans defend themselves against BLM and Antifa.

"Florida Governor Ron DeSantis on Monday introduced legislation that could remove legal repercussions for those "fleeing" from a "mob" by using their cars to run over protesters at demonstrations.

DeSantis included the provision as part of a new law dubbed the Combatting Violence, Disorder and Looting and Protecting Law Enforcement Act. One part of the law aims to criminalize certain protests occurring on roads, creating a third-degree felony for those who "obstruct traffic during an unpermitted protest, demonstration or violent or disorderly assembly,""

Floridans will have a fine time getting to the polling booths during the Biden riots.
That will the tough. Fla. will be under water a couple of decades.

Its already legal if you are being attacked....if a mob surrounds your vehicle and begins breaking glass and smashing fenders you have a right to escape your attackers even if they are climbing on your car....even if you end up killing a few you have a right to escape danger.....

Legalized murder? Of course a moonbat would come up with this oxymoron. Is legalized murder like abortion, by any chance?

Killing someone in self-defense is not murder, Einstein. Is it even manslaughter? Maybe in some states?

Only a RWNJ would come up with a legal way of murdering people who's views they don't agree with.
I understand your sensibilities, but he is not advocating legal murder. He is talking about limits of rights to self defense. While, I am no advocate for intentional vehicular homicide, it is more than a philosophic question. If traveling, a tourist in a city unfamiliar to you, turning down the wrong street at the wrong time, could place your life in jeopardy. Should you simply give up and assume your life and freedom from physical, malicious harm automatically forfeit, and your spouse, kids, grand kids also forfeit, if through no fault of your own you are surrounded, blocked from escape, as rioters attack you in your vehicle? It has happened. Philosophy may not be adequate to meet the day when baseball bats and galvanized pipe meet the windows of your light duty SUV.
But, at the same time, not okay for the Charlottesville killer J Fields to run his car through a crowd of protesters and murder Heather Heyer.....?
Was he surrounded or did he drive down the street seeing the protestors ahead and decide to continue? I actually do not know the answer to that question and it would effect a judgement call on my part. Can the case be made, he was unaware protests were in the area? I do not know if that is the case.

They need to extend the license to kill to opening fire any time 2 or more people harass or threaten you....aka...Mob Act.

And a single person that physically attack you.

Upon signing this act it would be even more convincing if they would award Kyle RIttenhouse for protecting America.
Doubt if Florida can do much for the ill advised, young accused.

I encourage everyone to get a dash cam and a rear facing cam...........that way you can watch em bouncing off your hood and see em bouncing down the highway behind you over and over again.
I don't recommend for that purpose, but it might lend video evidence, you were trapped, under attack, and in need to protect your life, physical being and that of your passengers, should you need it to support your position in court and to verify justification for protection from civil suit of anyone injured or their families.

Was he surrounded or did he drive down the street seeing the protestors ahead and decide to continue? I actually do not know the answer to that question and it would effect a judgement call on my part. Can the case be made, he was unaware protests were in the area? I do not know if that is the case.
No no no

Fields did not meet any of your scenarios of who should not be charged with a crime if one runs over a protester.....

I'm uncertain how the precise statute reads that they are passing....

I just want to be certain, people like the Charlottesville killer, do not now have some slippery slope, that they can slide free down.

No no no

Fields did not meet any of your scenarios of who should not be charged with a crime if one runs over a protester.....

I just want to be certain, people like the Charlottesville killer, do not now have some slippery slope, that they can slide free down.
I agree. Earlier in the thread I posted the link to FlaGov.com of the proposed regulation.

Street blocking is not protesting
Only if they applied to demonstrate by a march down a specific city street route and even then would not apply to side streets, off ramps and of course would not be granted on a major highway, toll road or interstate, as those are under control of State and Federal regulation.

No no no

That is what worries me.

Street blocking is not protesting
Only if they applied to demonstrate by a march down a specific city street route and even then would not apply to side streets, off ramps and of course would not be granted on a major highway, toll road or interstate, as those are under control of State and Federal regulation.
If there has been closure of the road by the regulating authority but a group of people who take it upon themself to block any road of their choosing are not protestors but rather lawbreakers; trapping and detaining without authority or cause lawful citizens

Florida will almost certainly be a hot bed of riots come election day. But there are some good news, new laws are being passed to help Americans defend themselves against BLM and Antifa.

"Florida Governor Ron DeSantis on Monday introduced legislation that could remove legal repercussions for those "fleeing" from a "mob" by using their cars to run over protesters at demonstrations.

DeSantis included the provision as part of a new law dubbed the Combatting Violence, Disorder and Looting and Protecting Law Enforcement Act. One part of the law aims to criminalize certain protests occurring on roads, creating a third-degree felony for those who "obstruct traffic during an unpermitted protest, demonstration or violent or disorderly assembly,""

Floridans will have a fine time getting to the polling booths during the Biden riots.

Good hope my Governor can get that passed.

Florida will almost certainly a hot bed of riots come election day. But there are some good news, new laws are being passed to help Americans defend themselves against BLM and Antifa.

I live in florida and I am so happy that I bought the SUV with AWD----------------

Me too and I have a big truck. It would flatten rioters in the way.

I encourage everyone to get a dash cam and a rear facing cam...........that way you can watch em bouncing off your hood and see em bouncing down the highway behind you over and over again.
I don't recommend for that purpose, but it might lend video evidence, you were trapped, under attack, and in need to protect your life, physical being and that of your passengers, should you need it to support your position in court and to verify justification for protection from civil suit of anyone injured or their families.

No shit Sherlock.

That's kind of different, don't you think? The idiot intentionally drove into the crowd. We are talking about you find yourself surrounded by violent felons.

I will drive over any asshole who is trying to harm me because they feel attacking innocent people is a GREAT way to fight for innocent people.

Fucking morons.

That's kind of different, don't you think? The idiot intentionally drove into the crowd. We are talking about you find yourself surrounded by violent felons.

I will drive over any asshole who is trying to harm me because they feel attacking innocent people is a GREAT way to fight for innocent people.

Fucking morons.
They are not protesting about innocent people. They are protesting over people who were held accountable and they don’t want such laws.

If you play in the street, you could be hit by a car. That was what my mother taught me, and i taught my children also.

No no no

That is what worries me.

Does the scenario where a car stops just to be hijacked by BLM, with innocent people beaten to death, not worry you?

That worries me. The criminals getting splattered worries me a lot less.

Forum List

Back