Zone1 Florida approves Black history standards decried as 'step backward'

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘The Florida State Board of Education approved new rules Wednesday for how Black history will be taught in public schools that critics are decrying as a “step backward.”

The updated standards say students should learn that enslaved people “developed skills” that “could be applied for their personal benefit,” and that in teaching about mob violence against Black residents instructors should note “acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.”

“These standards are a disservice to Florida’s students and are a big step backward for a state that has required teaching African American history since 1994,” the Florida Education Association (FEA), the state’s largest teachers union, said in a statement.’

Florida codifies racism and lies in its public schools.

In this case the racist lie that enslaved Americans were ‘happy’ and ‘content’ in bondage.

Another prime example of white privilege. We can't teach the 1619 Project because white kids wiill feell bad, but black kids are going to feel real good to learn that slavery was beneficial to blacks as if they had no skillls while in Africa.

Another prime example of white privilege. We can't teach the 1619 Project because white kids wiill feell bad, but black kids are going to feel real good to learn that slavery was beneficial to blacks as if they had no skillls while in Africa.
Fortunately the internet is a thing now. Knowledge is just a phone away.

‘The Florida State Board of Education approved new rules Wednesday for how Black history will be taught in public schools that critics are decrying as a “step backward.”

The updated standards say students should learn that enslaved people “developed skills” that “could be applied for their personal benefit,” and that in teaching about mob violence against Black residents instructors should note “acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.”

“These standards are a disservice to Florida’s students and are a big step backward for a state that has required teaching African American history since 1994,” the Florida Education Association (FEA), the state’s largest teachers union, said in a statement.’

In this case the racist lie that enslaved Americans were ‘happy’ and ‘content’ in bondage.
That's more than a step backwards. I feel sorry for the students.

I read about this earlier and at first I couldn't believe it. Then I remembered it was Florida, where the Constitution goes to die. Why not history as well? I would say that this is unbelievable, but it really isn't. I guess raising their own children to be bigoted and ignorant wasn't good enough so the powers that be in Florida government have decided to groom new racists in school.

I read about this earlier and at first I couldn't believe it. Then I remembered it was Florida, where the Constitution goes to die. Why not history as well? I would say that this is unbelievable, but it really isn't. I guess raising their own children to be bigoted and ignorant wasn't good enough so the powers that be in Florida government have decided to groom new racists in school.
As was quoted to me by an aspiring FL teacher, "Why do you think they call it Flori DUH?"

What happens when those kids go to another State to further their education?
They're going to feel out of place in the real world.

Blacks are free now and educated by leftist teachers.
Why do so many "graduate" without any useful skills?

I guess raising their own children to be bigoted and ignorant wasn't good enough so the powers that be in Florida government have decided to groom new racists in school.

That's outrageous!!

Only dem controlled states are allowed to do that!!!

I guess raising their own children to be bigoted and ignorant wasn't good enough so the powers that be in Oakland CA government have decided to groom new trannys in school. There, that is factual.

Forum List

Back