Florida AG calls for investigation into $16M Bloomberg donations to help felons vote

It's only buying votes if he is paying for the vote.

I mean, hypothetically, all these people who had their fees paid off could still vote Republican... Can't see why they would, but it's a mystery to me why anyone making less than six figures votes Republican.

The real problem here is the people of Florida CLEARLY made their wishes known by voting to restore the voting rights of felons not convicted of violent offenses. The GOP Legistlature cheated to prevent them from voting, and Bloomberg is just helping them restore their rights.

Sounds reasonable to me.
There was nothing wrong with what Bloomberg did. He made a blanket gift. Not one based on party affiliation or loyalty. Trumpers are only crying foul because their attempt at cheating again has been foiled.

Bloomberg pays for them to have their voting rights restored
Bloomberg supports Biden

Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge.

You need more than that.

That's what an investigation is for.

I'm sure if some lawbreaking is found you will find an excuse for it.

There is no lawbreaking involved. The facts are clear. There is no need for a investigation. This is nothing but harassment.

So you are saying it's Democrat's purpose to give criminals an easier life?

The people of Florida voted over 60% to restore voting rights to released felons. That's the will of the people.
The florida legislature added a "poll tax" by requiring restitution.

The irony is that the thing of value Bloomberg is providing, is paying the persons "poll tax".
A fine IS NOT A POLL TAX. It is a part of the punishment given by the court. Bloomberg is violating laws and comitting felonies for each person he paid the fine off for expecting them to vote democrat.

It is a poll tax. The voters clearly wanted felons to be able to vote once they completed their sentence. The state legislature changed what the voters wanted. This was established to keep ex-felons from voting. The primary victims would be minorities who are more economically challenged.

The people of Florida voted over 60% to restore voting rights to released felons. That's the will of the people.

The irony is that the thing of value Bloomberg is providing, is paying the persons "poll tax".
A fine IS NOT A POLL TAX. It is a part of the punishment given by the court. Bloomberg is violating laws and comitting felonies for each person he paid the fine off for expecting them to vote democrat.

It is a poll tax. The voters clearly wanted felons to be able to vote once they completed their sentence. The state legislature changed what the voters wanted. This was established to keep ex-felons from voting. The primary victims would be minorities who are more economically challenged.
Nope... It is a lawful punishment mandated by a court after trial... DUE PROCESS is completed so it is not a poll tax... Go fuck yourself!

I mean, hypothetically, all these people who had their fees paid off could still vote Republican... Can't see why they would, but it's a mystery to me why anyone making less than six figures votes Republican.

The real problem here is the people of Florida CLEARLY made their wishes known by voting to restore the voting rights of felons not convicted of violent offenses. The GOP Legistlature cheated to prevent them from voting, and Bloomberg is just helping them restore their rights.

Sounds reasonable to me.
There was nothing wrong with what Bloomberg did. He made a blanket gift. Not one based on party affiliation or loyalty. Trumpers are only crying foul because their attempt at cheating again has been foiled.

Lessee: this guy buys votes and you think Trump cheated. Wanna bet every person he helped will vote for Joe Biden? I wonder what you'd say if Trump went out spending millions to buy voters? You had a shit because he put his photo on stamps! Democrats ran a 30 million dollar 2 year investigation because a few Russians ran ads on Facebook but Slawbrain doesn't find a thing wrong with bribing millions of people.

We might have to delay the outcome of this election until next summer until we have had a chance to check out every vote for Joe.

It's there, you just ignore it.

I'm saying no one should be defined by a mistake..

Our goal should be reform. To fully assimilate people back into our society once they've paid their debt.

The Prison Industrial Complex does the opposite of that. It's why we have such a high rate of recidivism.

Lessee: this guy buys votes and you think Trump cheated. Wanna bet every person he helped will vote for Joe Biden? I wonder what you'd say if Trump went out spending millions to buy voters? You had a shit because he put his photo on stamps! Democrats ran a 30 million dollar 2 year investigation because a few Russians ran ads on Facebook but Slawbrain doesn't find a thing wrong with bribing millions of people.

It's isn't bribery... Bloomberg has no control over how those people vote... he merely paid off minor fines to restore the voting rights the voters of Florida said they should have.

The bad actors here are the State Legislators who put on an extra requirement.

Always about race. Bloomberg is trying to influence an election maybe in violation to state law.

Sorry, but if you lose your vote via felonious behavior it's on you to pay back what the judge says for you to pay back.

That was not the intent of the voters who voted to restore the voting rights of felons.

It will be fun to watch you guys go after Bloomberg... his lawyers will crush you like bugs.

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

But I expect a complete lack of moral fiber and consistency from you.
That plutocrat is using his money to help people.

Why does that upset you? I thought the conservatives of the country liked charity?

Joe rails against plutocrats but gives Bloomberg a pass, it's called hypocrisy.
Joe is going to raise Bloomberg’s taxes. He’s not getting a pass.

So why are you so scared that more people get to vote?

It's about the law, and Bloomberg may have broken it.

You only want them to vote because Bloomberg is paying them off to vote for Biden.

There’s zero evidence any law was broken. You’re only accusing Bloomberg of breaking the law because they may vote Biden.

It’s not illegal to pay someone’s fines.

It's illegal to influence someone's vote via monetary gain.

Bloomberg pays for the fees allowing the person to vote
Bloomberg supports Biden.

Not too hard to connect the dots here.
Driving someone to the polls allows them to vote.

Is it illegal for me to drive an elderly person to a polling place?

That's not paying them (or paying off their debts) to allow them to vote.
It’s providing something of monetary value to allow them to vote. No different.

Very different, and of usually very different overall value.
Go ahead and describe what’s so different.

As for the value, no doubt it’s different, however the law doesn’t say anything about the overall value. So according to the law, that would be irrelevant. It’s as illegal to give someone five dollars to go vote as five thousand.

Giving someone the opportunity to vote is not the same thing. It is only illegal to pay someone to vote for a particular candidate.

Always about race. Bloomberg is trying to influence an election maybe in violation to state law.

Sorry, but if you lose your vote via felonious behavior it's on you to pay back what the judge says for you to pay back.

That was not the intent of the voters who voted to restore the voting rights of felons.

It will be fun to watch you guys go after Bloomberg... his lawyers will crush you like bugs.

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

Why does that upset you? I thought the conservatives of the country liked charity?

You only want them to vote because Bloomberg is paying them off to vote for Biden.

There’s zero evidence any law was broken. You’re only accusing Bloomberg of breaking the law because they may vote Biden.

As for the value, no doubt it’s different, however the law doesn’t say anything about the overall value. So according to the law, that would be irrelevant. It’s as illegal to give someone five dollars to go vote as five thousand.

Many bribery laws allow small gifts on under say $25 in value, this allows things like pens and bags at trade shows to be given to public employees without risk of bribery charges being brought about.

The concept is the same here, plus there is the overall monetary value of the service or payoff. A $15 ride is not paying off $5000 in restitution.

But keep defending shady practices because it helps your side, you dried up old miserable SJW twat.
Ha! Show me where it says that the relevant law and I’ll take your point seriously.

It’s not shady, you just don’t like that some people have a chance to vote against Trump

Let the investigation figure that one out.

And if they were all leaning Trump i'm sure you would be against it you no life cumsucking SJW shill.
You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

You just make shit up and then act really nasty when called out.

I didn't make anything up, but you will spread your cheeks for any Democratic play no matter how underhanded or illegal.
You made up some nonsense about how monetary gifts are acceptable if it’s under a certain amount, which has zero relevance on the discussion.

It’s not underhanded or illegal. You’re just upset that people are getting to vote, which conservatives really hate and Floridian Republicans have been trying to prevent.

It's how many bribery laws work. I've been told it in my ethics courses I have to take very year.

Again

1. I pay $$ in the hundreds and thousands for you to vote
2. You know I support Biden
3, wink wink, nudge nudge.

You only want them to vote because they are being paid to vote against Trump.

And just so you known how much I despise you.

Colfax takes it up the ass, doo dah, doo dah
Colfax takes it up the ass, oh dee doo dah day!

You need to take more ethics courses. They are not being paid to vote against Trump. The hope is that they will. There are no guarantees.

It's going to take more than wink wink, nudge nudge to declare something illegal.

That's how influence peddling works, legal or illegal.

He's giving them money to vote, and he openly supports one of the candidates. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to go from A to B.

Unless of course one has ones head up their own ass due to TDS.

You definitely have TDS. You sound so stupid. He is giving them the opportunity to vote. There are no guarantees they will or who they will vote for.

It's going to take more than wink wink, nudge nudge to declare something illegal.

He's giving them money to vote, and he openly supports one of the candidates. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to go from A to B.

You definitely have TDS. You sound so stupid. He is giving them the opportunity to vote. There are no guarantees they will or who they will vote for.
Did you forget about Bloomberg’s wink wink nudge nudge which somehow constitutes a quid pro quo?

Sounds reasonable to me.

Bloomberg pays for them to have their voting rights restored
Bloomberg supports Biden

Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge.

You need more than that.

That's what an investigation is for.

I'm sure if some lawbreaking is found you will find an excuse for it.

There is no lawbreaking involved. The facts are clear. There is no need for a investigation. This is nothing but harassment.

1. I pay for you to vote
2. I support Biden
3. Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge.

No, it isn't. It's due process punishment for the crime they committed. The voters included the need for them to complete their sentences and provide full restitution of warranted.

It's there, you just ignore it.

I'm saying no one should be defined by a mistake..

Our goal should be reform. To fully assimilate people back into our society once they've paid their debt.

The Prison Industrial Complex does the opposite of that. It's why we have such a high rate of recidivism.

LOL, in our current metric saying one thing considered an "ist/ic/ism" can result in you being banished, decades of good work and behavior ruined, careers and lives trashed.

So what is it Joe? Is cancel culture a good thing or not?

I think you fucked up here, but your usual hypocritical self will find some way to worm out of it.

Giving someone the opportunity to vote is not the same thing. It is only illegal to pay someone to vote for a particular candidate.

This is practically paying someone to vote for a particular candidate.

Many bribery laws allow small gifts on under say $25 in value, this allows things like pens and bags at trade shows to be given to public employees without risk of bribery charges being brought about.

The concept is the same here, plus there is the overall monetary value of the service or payoff. A $15 ride is not paying off $5000 in restitution.

But keep defending shady practices because it helps your side, you dried up old miserable SJW twat.
Ha! Show me where it says that the relevant law and I’ll take your point seriously.

It’s not shady, you just don’t like that some people have a chance to vote against Trump

Let the investigation figure that one out.

And if they were all leaning Trump i'm sure you would be against it you no life cumsucking SJW shill.
You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

You just make shit up and then act really nasty when called out.

I didn't make anything up, but you will spread your cheeks for any Democratic play no matter how underhanded or illegal.
You made up some nonsense about how monetary gifts are acceptable if it’s under a certain amount, which has zero relevance on the discussion.

It’s not underhanded or illegal. You’re just upset that people are getting to vote, which conservatives really hate and Floridian Republicans have been trying to prevent.

It's how many bribery laws work. I've been told it in my ethics courses I have to take very year.

Again

You only want them to vote because they are being paid to vote against Trump.

And just so you known how much I despise you.

Colfax takes it up the ass, doo dah, doo dah
Colfax takes it up the ass, oh dee doo dah day!

You need to take more ethics courses. They are not being paid to vote against Trump. The hope is that they will. There are no guarantees.

Bullshit. Of course you support this because you want Biden to win whatever the cost.

How does it feel to have Bloomberg's cock so far up your ass you can taste the tip?

1. He pays for them to vote again.
2. He overwhelmingly supports Biden
3. 2+2=4

The only difference is that it’s not.

If Bloomberg doesn’t make an agreement with anyone to have them vote a way in exchange for the money, then it’s not illegal.

To put it in a phrase you might understand, no collusion, no crime.

LOL, in our current metric saying one thing considered an "ist/ic/ism" can result in you being banished, decades of good work and behavior ruined, careers and lives trashed.

Being a bit hysteric, aren't we?

So what is it Joe? Is cancel culture a good thing or not?

Mostly, it's a unicorn. Sorry, man, who has been really "cancelled". Louis CK is back to doing comedy shows, so are most of the other people who have supposedly been cancelled, some for doing awful things.

This has nothing to do with my point about wanting to let regular folks get their lives back once they've done their time for non-violent crimes.

I think you fucked up here, but your usual hypocritical self will find some way to worm out of it.

Um, no, you are brining up two different things, one of which is a figment of your imagination. There is no "cancel Culture". There is "I don't want to patronize your art anymore because you did something awful", but frankly, none of these people ever really go away.

The only difference is that it’s not.

If Bloomberg doesn’t make an agreement with anyone to have them vote a way in exchange for the money, then it’s not illegal.

To put it in a phrase you might understand, no collusion, no crime.

You really think all bribery cases have written over even verbal agreements?

I pay $$ into your charity and I get the contract
I pay for your vacation covered as a conference, and you give me the bid.

It all depends on how the Florida law was written, hence the need for the investigation.

Forum List

Back