Florida AG calls for investigation into $16M Bloomberg donations to help felons vote

Always about race. Bloomberg is trying to influence an election maybe in violation to state law.

Sorry, but if you lose your vote via felonious behavior it's on you to pay back what the judge says for you to pay back.

That was not the intent of the voters who voted to restore the voting rights of felons.

It will be fun to watch you guys go after Bloomberg... his lawyers will crush you like bugs.

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

But I expect a complete lack of moral fiber and consistency from you.
That plutocrat is using his money to help people.

Why does that upset you? I thought the conservatives of the country liked charity?

Joe rails against plutocrats but gives Bloomberg a pass, it's called hypocrisy.
Joe is going to raise Bloomberg’s taxes. He’s not getting a pass.

So why are you so scared that more people get to vote?

It's about the law, and Bloomberg may have broken it.

You only want them to vote because Bloomberg is paying them off to vote for Biden.

There’s zero evidence any law was broken. You’re only accusing Bloomberg of breaking the law because they may vote Biden.

It’s not illegal to pay someone’s fines.

It's illegal to influence someone's vote via monetary gain.

Bloomberg pays for the fees allowing the person to vote
Bloomberg supports Biden.

Not too hard to connect the dots here.
Driving someone to the polls allows them to vote.

Is it illegal for me to drive an elderly person to a polling place?

That's not paying them (or paying off their debts) to allow them to vote.
It’s providing something of monetary value to allow them to vote. No different.

Very different, and of usually very different overall value.
Go ahead and describe what’s so different.

As for the value, no doubt it’s different, however the law doesn’t say anything about the overall value. So according to the law, that would be irrelevant. It’s as illegal to give someone five dollars to go vote as five thousand.

Many bribery laws allow small gifts on under say $25 in value, this allows things like pens and bags at trade shows to be given to public employees without risk of bribery charges being brought about.

The concept is the same here, plus there is the overall monetary value of the service or payoff. A $15 ride is not paying off $5000 in restitution.

But keep defending shady practices because it helps your side, you dried up old miserable SJW twat.
Ha! Show me where it says that the relevant law and I’ll take your point seriously.

It’s not shady, you just don’t like that some people have a chance to vote against Trump

Let the investigation figure that one out.

And if they were all leaning Trump i'm sure you would be against it you no life cumsucking SJW shill.
You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

You just make shit up and then act really nasty when called out.

How States’ rights of you. I respect the people of a state speaking up and if this is what Florida wants I respect that at as well. This also applies when another state voters to maintain or insure convicted felons don’t vote. Same with VoterID and authentication. If a state votes for it, like you said, it is what the people of the state have demanded.

Only if it complies with Federal Voting rights, dummy.

VoterID is an unconstitutional poll tax.

I think we need a federal law to restore the voting rights of all felons. Frankly, I would be for letting people in prison vote. They are counted on the census, after all...giving rural counties outsized representation.
Voter ID is not a poll tax dumbfuck. So you’re saying you can walk to the voting booth, but of course you and your ilk are too lazy to go get a free photo ID. Your pathetic deflections and excuses are laughable. Wanting felons to vote. Whine some more when Bloomy gets charged. Nobody fears this asshole.

Always about race. Bloomberg is trying to influence an election maybe in violation to state law.

Sorry, but if you lose your vote via felonious behavior it's on you to pay back what the judge says for you to pay back.

That was not the intent of the voters who voted to restore the voting rights of felons.

It will be fun to watch you guys go after Bloomberg... his lawyers will crush you like bugs.

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

Why does that upset you? I thought the conservatives of the country liked charity?

You only want them to vote because Bloomberg is paying them off to vote for Biden.

There’s zero evidence any law was broken. You’re only accusing Bloomberg of breaking the law because they may vote Biden.

As for the value, no doubt it’s different, however the law doesn’t say anything about the overall value. So according to the law, that would be irrelevant. It’s as illegal to give someone five dollars to go vote as five thousand.

Many bribery laws allow small gifts on under say $25 in value, this allows things like pens and bags at trade shows to be given to public employees without risk of bribery charges being brought about.

The concept is the same here, plus there is the overall monetary value of the service or payoff. A $15 ride is not paying off $5000 in restitution.

But keep defending shady practices because it helps your side, you dried up old miserable SJW twat.
Ha! Show me where it says that the relevant law and I’ll take your point seriously.

It’s not shady, you just don’t like that some people have a chance to vote against Trump

And if they were all leaning Trump i'm sure you would be against it you no life cumsucking SJW shill.
You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

You’re a bitch who’s crying because your blatant bullshit got called out. Comparing a ride to the polling place with paying off a substantial fine? Well dummy, you better tell the cab companies to not run on Election Day. Complete apples and oranges comparison. Dismissed as the crap it is.

You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

I didn't make anything up, but you will spread your cheeks for any Democratic play no matter how underhanded or illegal.

You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

You’re a bitch who’s crying because your blatant bullshit got called out. Comparing a ride to the polling place with paying off a substantial fine? Well dummy, you better tell the cab companies to not run on Election Day. Complete apples and oranges comparison. Dismissed as the crap it is.
Just trying to make a point that this allegation is bullshit.

Obviously it’s not illegal to give someone a ride to the polling place. It would be illegal to give them a ride in exchange for them voting for a particular person. Merely giving them the opportunity to vote for whomever they chose is not.

Likewise with Bloomberg. Paying their fines is not illegal. Bloomberg is not asking them to vote for anyone in particular.

You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

He's a fucking hack, nothing more or less.

You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

I didn't make anything up, but you will spread your cheeks for any Democratic play no matter how underhanded or illegal.
You made up some nonsense about how monetary gifts are acceptable if it’s under a certain amount, which has zero relevance on the discussion.

It’s not underhanded or illegal. You’re just upset that people are getting to vote, which conservatives really hate and Floridian Republicans have been trying to prevent.

Maybe Bloomberg should have thought about the fact that buying votes is illegal....

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody is calling for further investigation into whether billionaire Mike Bloomberg violated a state statute when he reportedly raised $16 million to help felons vote in the upcoming presidential election.

“Today, I sent a letter to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation into potential violations of election laws," Moody said in a statement provided to Fox News.

GAETZ CALLS FOR ELECTION BRIBERY PROBE OF BLOOMBERG OVER PLEDGE TO PAY FLORIDA FELONS' FINES

"I have instructed the statewide prosecutor to work with law enforcement and any statewide grand jury that the governor may call," she said.

Just a day before, Bloomberg announced the hefty sum would go toward paying restitution and court fines that prevent Florida felons from voting.

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla. pounced on the news of Bloomberg's donation Tuesday night, urging Moody to take up a criminal investigation against Bloomberg,

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz told Fox News' "Hannity." "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does."
If You strong armed Loon bird and he gave you every thing he had would you still bloody him us by pulling your hand gun and pistol whip the shit out of him? Yes or Hell yes!

You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

You made up some nonsense about how monetary gifts are acceptable if it’s under a certain amount, which has zero relevance on the discussion.

It’s not underhanded or illegal. You’re just upset that people are getting to vote, which conservatives really hate and Floridian Republicans have been trying to prevent.

It's how many bribery laws work. I've been told it in my ethics courses I have to take very year.

Again

1. I pay $$ in the hundreds and thousands for you to vote
2. You know I support Biden
3, wink wink, nudge nudge.

You only want them to vote because they are being paid to vote against Trump.

And just so you known how much I despise you.

Colfax takes it up the ass, doo dah, doo dah
Colfax takes it up the ass, oh dee doo dah day!

1. I pay $$ in the hundreds and thousands for you to vote
2. You know I support Biden
3, wink wink, nudge nudge.
It's going to take more than wink wink, nudge nudge to declare something illegal.

That's how influence peddling works, legal or illegal.

He's giving them money to vote, and he openly supports one of the candidates. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to go from A to B.

Unless of course one has ones head up their own ass due to TDS.

Ok, show us in Federal voting rights and laws where convicted felons can vote? Is it a statute that puts the State’s rights first? You name call yet provide little to no substance, validation, or logic to back your claims Here’s your chance.

Uh, my point was about voter ID, not felon's rights. ON felon Rights, the people of Florida made their wishes clear, but the Republicans in the Legislature are frustrating their efforts. Thanks, Bloomie for upsetting the apple cart.

You are required to have a photo ID
name one thing other than voting that you don't need a photo ID?

Actually, I rarely have to show my photo ID for anything.... I think the last time I was asked to show a photo ID was at my bank, and they only recently started doing that because of Covid.

He's giving them money to vote, and he openly supports one of the candidates. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to go from A to B.

But never in there is, "Here's your voting rights back, vote for Biden".

Of course, if you are a reformed felon, you really have no reason to vote for a Republican, given they are the assholes making your life harder.

But never in there is, "Here's your voting rights back, vote for Biden".

Of course, if you are a reformed felon, you really have no reason to vote for a Republican, given they are the assholes making your life harder.

It's there, you just ignore it.

So you are saying it's Democrat's purpose to give criminals an easier life?

The people of Florida voted over 60% to restore voting rights to released felons. That's the will of the people.
The florida legislature added a "poll tax" by requiring restitution.

The irony is that the thing of value Bloomberg is providing, is paying the persons "poll tax".

How States’ rights of you. I respect the people of a state speaking up and if this is what Florida wants I respect that at as well. This also applies when another state voters to maintain or insure convicted felons don’t vote. Same with VoterID and authentication. If a state votes for it, like you said, it is what the people of the state have demanded.

I think we need a federal law to restore the voting rights of all felons. Frankly, I would be for letting people in prison vote. They are counted on the census, after all...giving rural counties outsized representation.

Ok, show us in Federal voting rights and laws where convicted felons can vote? Is it a statute that puts the State’s rights first? You name call yet provide little to no substance, validation, or logic to back your claims Here’s your chance.

leftists can't comprehend logic

Uh, my point was about voter ID, not felon's rights. ON felon Rights, the people of Florida made their wishes clear, but the Republicans in the Legislature are frustrating their efforts. Thanks, Bloomie for upsetting the apple cart.

You are required to have a photo ID
name one thing other than voting that you don't need a photo ID?

Actually, I rarely have to show my photo ID for anything.... I think the last time I was asked to show a photo ID was at my bank, and they only recently started doing that because of Covid.
oh that's right you don't buy guns

It's only buying votes if he is paying for the vote.

I mean, hypothetically, all these people who had their fees paid off could still vote Republican... Can't see why they would, but it's a mystery to me why anyone making less than six figures votes Republican.

The real problem here is the people of Florida CLEARLY made their wishes known by voting to restore the voting rights of felons not convicted of violent offenses. The GOP Legistlature cheated to prevent them from voting, and Bloomberg is just helping them restore their rights.

Sounds reasonable to me.
There was nothing wrong with what Bloomberg did. He made a blanket gift. Not one based on party affiliation or loyalty. Trumpers are only crying foul because their attempt at cheating again has been foiled.
So if Trump did the same in a blue state. You would fully support it?

The people of Florida voted over 60% to restore voting rights to released felons. That's the will of the people.
The florida legislature added a "poll tax" by requiring restitution.

The irony is that the thing of value Bloomberg is providing, is paying the persons "poll tax".
A fine IS NOT A POLL TAX. It is a part of the punishment given by the court. Bloomberg is violating laws and comitting felonies for each person he paid the fine off for expecting them to vote democrat.

Forum List

Back