Flashlight review - THRUNITE BSS W1 EDC

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
1617659842936.png

1617659854792.png

30 dollars, and now 23, I saw it and liked it and ordered it. It's has 6 settings, strobe, turbo, high, medium, low, and firefly. Firefly is what sold me, however. While turbo is blinding at 693 lumens, they claim, firefly only puts out 0.5 lumens. I always wanted a light that had a setting like that. You can see just enough in the dark not to fall and it won't wake anyone up, nor alert a scumbag outside you are up. Two quick presses of the on/off button and turbo comes on. It is blinding. I waited until it was good and dark last night and it lit up half my yard all the way to the alley, about 125 feet. It can also be locked so no one can turn it on although I don't know why you would need that. It comes with one 16340 battery and a usb cord to charge it in the light itself. 16340 batteries are the same size as cr123 batteries but the 16340 produces way more power. The 123's will work but you won't have near the light you do with the 16340. 16340 batteries say 16340 on them.
1617659880961.png

1617659891914.png

Plus the base of the light has a magnetic tail cap.

It's made in China, but it looks to be a pretty good light for edc. I think anyone wanting a good small powerful edc would like it. I've already ordered a blue one too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Banned
I would like a flashlight with two buttons. The first for On/Off, and the second for all the different setting. I hate having to cycle thru 4 or 5 settings just to turn the light off.
I know. The way this one works is one click turns it on, and one click turns it off, and it defaults to whatever setting it is at when turned off and back on again, except for turbo and strobe. After it's on, press and hold the on off button to cycle through low medium and high. To get turbo when the light is off, it's 2 quick presses and three for strobe. Not bad once you get it down. To turn firefly on you hold the on off button down for two seconds. Pretty easy. At least it doesn't have a clock and a camera. ;)

Last edited:
I would like a flashlight with two buttons. The first for On/Off, and the second for all the different setting. I hate having to cycle thru 4 or 5 settings just to turn the light off.
I know. The way this one works is one click turns it on, and one click turns it off, and it defaults to whatever setting it is at when turned off and back on again, except for turbo and strobe. After it's on, press and hold the on off button to cycle through low medium and high. To get turbo when the light is off, it's 2 quick presses and three for strobe. Not bad once to get it down. To turn firefly on you hold the on off button down for two seconds. Pretty easy. At least it doesn't have a clock and a camera. ;)

That sounds pretty good.

I camp a lot, and I have tried several flashlights. I end up usually having a low intensity lantern and my old MagLite with me. I figure the MagLite can either blind them or I can use it to beat them. :D

Forum List

Back