Flashback: John Kerry Predicts The Arctic Will Be "Ice Free" By 2014 (This Is From June 25, 2009)

I agree that Kerry should not have said what he said and I am certain that whoever he was paraphrasing put some qualifiers in there, but, tell me, is John Kerry a climate scientist? No. He is currently serving as the presidential envoy re climate change. I wish him well.

All it means is that over the summer, temperatures were above freezing.

Why did you lie about what Kerry said?
That's not what he said. Did you even watch the video? He said scientists predict that there would be no sea ice in the summer within 5 years. He then went on to explain the affect that the loss of sea ice would have on albedo. So there was no confusion about what he said on his part.

That's not what he said. Did you even watch the video? He said scientists predict that there would be no sea ice in the summer within 5 years. He then went on to explain the affect that the loss of sea ice would have on albedo. So there was no confusion about what he said on his part.
Yes I did watch the video and you lied about what he said.

Daily Caller

FLASHBACK: Climate Czar John Kerry Said in 2009 That Arctic Summer Ice Would Disappear In 5 Years​

JORDAN LANCASTER
April 08, 2021

Excerpt:

Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry said in 2009 that the Arctic would have its first ice-free summer by 2014.

Kerry, who at the time was serving as the Democratic senator from Massachusetts, criticized Republican Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe on the Senate floor for making comments that he said were “wrong on the facts” or wrong in terms of political judgment.

LINK

bolding mine

========

Kerry doesn't know even now that the decline stopped after 2007 and there are a number of published reports and papers showing little to ZERO summer ice in the Arctic for long periods of time earlier in the interglacial, here is a link to a thread showing the research with links:

Little to no Summer ice in the Arctic

LINK

=====

Tony Heller has a long page of failed no summer sea ice predictions.

Ice-Free Arctic Forecasts​

LINK

=====

One more:

Another New Study Affirms The Arctic Was Warmer With Less Sea Ice During The Mid-Holocene

LINK

4 published science papers in the link.

Last edited:
Daily Caller

FLASHBACK: Climate Czar John Kerry Said in 2009 That Arctic Summer Ice Would Disappear In 5 Years​

JORDAN LANCASTER
April 08, 2021

Excerpt:

Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry said in 2009 that the Arctic would have its first ice-free summer by 2014.

Kerry, who at the time was serving as the Democratic senator from Massachusetts, criticized Republican Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe on the Senate floor for making comments that he said were “wrong on the facts” or wrong in terms of political judgment.

LINK

bolding mine

========

Kerry doesn't know even now that the decline stopped after 2007 and there are a number of published reports and papers showing little to ZERO summer ice in the Arctic for long periods of time earlier in the interglacial, here is a link to a thread showing the research with links:

Little to no Summer ice in the Arctic

LINK

=====

Tony Heller has a long page of failed no summer sea ice predictions.

Ice-Free Arctic Forecasts​

LINK

=====

One more:

Another New Study Affirms The Arctic Was Warmer With Less Sea Ice During The Mid-Holocene

LINK

4 published science papers in the link.
I think the study, discussed in another thread, that showed no Antarctic sea ice shelf for any period with CO2 above 400 ppm, at the very least suggests no Arctic sea ice either.

I think the study, discussed in another thread, that showed no Antarctic sea ice shelf for any period with CO2 above 400 ppm, at the very least suggests no Arctic sea ice either.
That's fake news.

See?

1673744930146-png.747671

You sure are stupid since despite that it NEVER got above 300 ppm the Arctic summer sea ice cover was little to ZERO for long periods of time in the interglacial period while today it is far more covered even with 415 ppm today it isn't melting away anymore either as it stops declining after 2007 which is 15 years.

Already gave you the links for this.

Little to NO summer sea ice in the arctic

LINK

Reminder:

6a010536b58035970c0120a75431d3970b-pi

You sure are stupid since despite that it NEVER got above 300 ppm the Arctic summer sea ice cover was little to ZERO for long periods of time in the interglacial period while today it is far more covered even with 415 ppm today it isn't melting away anymore either as it stops declining after 2007 which is 15 years.

Already gave you the links for this.

Little to NO summer sea ice in the arctic

LINK

Reminder:

6a010536b58035970c0120a75431d3970b-pi
This is a single Greenland ice core. This is a temperature history of a single spot in Greenland. Big fucking whoop.

This is a single Greenland ice core. This is a temperature history of a single spot in Greenland. Big fucking whoop.
There are six cores, dummy. And the northern hemisphere is the most affected region of the planet when it comes to climate changes. It is considered to be the gold standard for climate change data.

Big fucking whoop.
Yeah, it actually is. The northern polar region of the planet is the bellwether for climate change. And ice cores from that region provide an extremely accurate climate record for the planet's bellwether for climate change.

😆 🤣 😂 😆 🤣 😂

Remember Ole FrankenKerry?

I think he's bought 6 more ocean front beach houses since this with all the money he laundered from Ukraine.

Have the left ever been right about anything? What?

the problems isn't just your failure to comprehend anything. It's also your willful ignorance, guided by hatred and anger (lonely meaningless life?), towards others you view as enemies for some reason

now, lesson 1:
question): What does an ice free summer mean?

answer): Scientists have various ways of defining what “ice free” actually means, but the most common definition refers to a point at which Arctic sea ice cover at the end of summer falls to below one million square kilometres.

then there is this: try and comprehend what you read here, and try not to inject your own misguided and ignoramt thoughts: Arctic summer sea ice could be gone by as early as 2035

😆 🤣 😂 😆 🤣 😂

Remember Ole FrankenKerry?

I think he's bought 6 more ocean front beach houses since this with all the money he laundered from Ukraine.

Have the left ever been right about anything? What?

quotes:

One of the world's largest oil companies accurately forecast how climate change would cause global temperature to rise as long ago as the 1970s, researchers claim. ExxonMobil's private research predicted how burning fossil fuels would warm the planet but the company publicly denied the link, they suggest.

Was it ever ice free in the summer?
quote:

What does an ice free summer mean?

Scientists have various ways of defining what “ice free” actually means, but the most common definition refers to a point at which Arctic sea ice cover at the end of summer falls to below one million square kilometres.

quote:

What does an ice free summer mean?

Scientists have various ways of defining what “ice free” actually means, but the most common definition refers to a point at which Arctic sea ice cover at the end of summer falls to below one million square kilometres.
Can you point to where that would be on the oxygen isotope curve?

F2.large.jpg

Forum List

Back