FL GUB debate: Rick Scott refuses to take the stage - over a fan!

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Delicious!

WATCH Rick Scott Refuses To Take The Stage Over A Fan In Bizarre Debate

"We have been told that Governor Scott will not be participating in this debate," the moderator said. "Now, let me explain what this is all about. Governor Crist has asked to have a small fan placed underneath his podium. The rules of the debate that I was shown by the Scott campaign say that there should be no fan. Somehow there is a fan there, and for that reason ladies and gentlemen, I am being told that Governor Scott will not join us for this debate."

Just watch the video. Rick Scott just lost the election.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott stalls debate over foe s fan - CNN.com

Fan dispute overshadows sharp debate between Charlie Crist and Gov. Rick Scott The Miami Herald

waiting.JPG

Rick Scott Charlie Crist Florida debate gets off to bizarre start over rogue fan - Orlando Sentinel

The live televised debate between Florida Gov. Rick Scott and challenger Charlie Crist got off to one of the most bizarre starts in political history Wednesday night when Scott initially refused to take the stage because of a fan.

Yes, a fan.

The governor said Crist was in violation of debate rules prohibiting electronic devices by placing a small fan underneath his lecturn. Debate moderators initially said Scott had decided he would not appear in the debate at all because of the rules violation.

Some in the crowd at Broward College hooted and booed at the announcement.

Crist was bemused, saying, "That's the ultimate plead of the 5th (amendment) I've heard in my life."

Asked by a moderator if the debate rules, in fact, prohibited fans, Crist said, "Are we going to debate about a fan?"

But about 3 minutes later, Scott showed up and the debate began.

Rick Scott was late to the debate stage because of Charlie Crist and a fan. There 8217 a a backstory here. - The Washington Post

(Some good extra details at that link- you all really should read this link)

Fangate delays start of debate - Sun Sentinel

:rofl:

Last edited:
Whether or not fans should have been on the stage - Crist has used a fan in public appearances for at least a decade and used them on stage at past debates, which Scott's staff should have known - Scott looks bad. It looks like he's putting silly, petty disputes ahead of the interests of the state. He should have handled it better, perhaps by making a joke about it on stage, then getting on with it.

The Debate Rules Facts for Florida

For whatever reason no fans on stage is actually in the rules.

Ah, but this is why I strongly encouraged people to read the WAPO link:

B0BiM6CIgAAMPb4.jpg

Was Scott made aware of the exception to the contract, and did Scott agree to it? Also how soon before the debate was the exception given to the Scott Camp?
See posting no. 9 please.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

B0BiM6CIgAAMPb4.jpg

Was Scott made aware of the exception to the contract, and did Scott agree to it? Also how soon before the debate was the exception given to the Scott Camp?

When was the Scott Side notified about this?

B0BiM6CIgAAMPb4.jpg

Why? There was no breaking of any rules. You see, Righties are automatically assuming that the Crist team brought the fan. There was nothing in the rules against good ventilation. Really, this makes team red in Florida look really stupid for not having the presence of mind to ask the simple question as to who provided two fans for Christ and it makes Scott look like a horses ass for having a diva moment over a fucking fan.

Good grief. How petty the GOP has become.

B0BiM6CIgAAMPb4.jpg

It never should have mattered in the first place. The fact that Scott made an issue over nothing made him look petty.

You spend too much time on dingbat sites. Find a boyfriend ffs!

Dingbat sites? From what I have read it was front page news in many Florida newspapers. Scott's petty tantrum overshadowed the entire debate. :lol:

B0BiM6CIgAAMPb4.jpg

Why? There was no breaking of any rules. You see, Righties are automatically assuming that the Crist team brought the fan. There was nothing in the rules against good ventilation. Really, this makes team red in Florida look really stupid for not having the presence of mind to ask the simple question as to who provided two fans for Christ and it makes Scott look like a horses ass for having a diva moment over a fucking fan.

How did Scott know the fans were provided by the facility? Again, Crist used a signing statement on the contract, Did Scott's side see the signing statement?

For someone all uppity about numbers, you seem to be willing to break the rules, or at least notification of the rules if it suits your agenda.

B0BiM6CIgAAMPb4.jpg

It never should have mattered in the first place. The fact that Scott made an issue over nothing made him look petty.

Rules are rules, and if the fact that the fans were facility provided were not communicated to Scott's side well prior to him walking out, it is on the facility.

LOL! Gov Toad should have asked instead of having a hissy fit. Pols don't bring shit with them to debates, they ask for shit to be provided to them.

B0BiM6CIgAAMPb4.jpg

How did Scott know the fans were provided by the facility? Again, Crist used a signing statement on the contract, Did Scott's side see the signing statement?

For someone all uppity about numbers, you seem to be willing to break the rules, or at least notification of the rules if it suits your agenda.
They weren't provided by the faculty. He always has a fan so people can't see him sweat.

It's silly, but it's quite possible it was discussed prior to the debates and was seen as an unfair advantage. Seeing him sweat or squirm is what debates are about. :dunno:

Forum List

Back