First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

Agreed.

Michigan and Auburn just dont have the horses to keep up with OSU and Alabama.

SEC championship will tell us who UGA is. I don’t think they’ve really been tested this year.

I am looking forward to the SEC championship. It should be a great game.

But today is the Iron Bowl, and that is always huge down here.

There could be a lot of changes in the top 4.

Ohio State got beat. And Alabama is losing to auburn 7-0 at halftime.

Well well well...So now what?

Does OSU losing really screw over Alabama if Alabama end up with a second loss? I can't imagine there being a pair of two loss teams in the bracket (if they take one anyway). Or vice versa..

There could be a lot of changes in the top 4.

Ohio State got beat. And Alabama is losing to auburn 7-0 at halftime.

Well well well...So now what?

Does OSU losing really screw over Alabama if Alabama end up with a second loss? I can't imagine there being a pair of two loss teams in the bracket (if they take one anyway). Or vice versa..
Lots of changes in the next couple weeks. OSU out. UM in. If Alabama loses they are out and ND is probably in. Especially with Alabama and OSU out they will want a team with a big fan base in there.

Lots of changes in the next couple weeks. OSU out. UM in. If Alabama loses they are out and ND is probably in. Especially with Alabama and OSU out they will want a team with a big fan base in there.
As I understand it, the Fiesta Bowl is pretty much open--they aren't affiliated with any conference. Could OSU and Alabama play each other if they both are not in the playoffs?

As I understand it, the Fiesta Bowl is pretty much open--they aren't affiliated with any conference. Could OSU and Alabama play each other if they both are not in the playoffs?
That matchup might get more eyeballs than a playoff bowl.

That matchup might get more eyeballs than a playoff bowl.
I think it would.

But I don't know if it is possible. Doesn't the "best" SEC team that doesn't go to the championship playoff go to the Sugar Bowl by decree? Meaning that Bama would be compelled to play in the Sugar Bowl instead. Is that not the case?

I think it would.

But I don't know if it is possible. Doesn't the "best" SEC team that doesn't go to the championship playoff go to the Sugar Bowl by decree? Meaning that Bama would be compelled to play in the Sugar Bowl instead. Is that not the case?

Yes, Bama will be obligated to play in the Sugar Bowl.

Forum List

Back