First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

Agreed. Also depends on who you're playing. If Alabama is playing OSU in the Bahamas bowl it will get more coverage than most other match ups in the Sugar.

I think OSU would be able to play in the Sugar though since they arent going to the Big 10 Championship they wont be obligated to the Rose Bowl? I think that's what the Big 10 either champ or runner up if the Champ is in the playoff has to play in.

I think GA will handle GATech with ease.
Bama should beat auburn, but that game is always up for grabs. The intensity of the rivalry makes the rankings matter less.
OSU has the same issue with the intense rivalry, plus they are facing a much better pass defense than they have seen before. Should be a good game, with OSU coming out on top.
Boy was I hoping BAMA would lose that one yesterday.

And I was expecting michigan up 8 to go 3 and out, Ohio scores, converts the 2 point conversion, ties it and Ohio wins in overtime. Instead Michigan ran it down Ohio’s throat. Amazing.

I am looking forward to the SEC championship. It should be a great game.

But today is the Iron Bowl, and that is always huge down here.
I know the SEC is strong. Of the 4 teams in the NCAA playoffs at this point. Georgia seems to be above the rest with any of the next 3 to be determined after the Conference Championships, bringing up the rear.

Boy was I hoping BAMA would lose that one yesterday.

And I was expecting michigan up 8 to go 3 and out, Ohio scores, converts the 2 point conversion, ties it and Ohio wins in overtime. Instead Michigan ran it down Ohio’s throat. Amazing.

You and auburn. However, it didn't happen. Now we face Georgia for the SEC Championship. Then, we will see.

You and auburn. However, it didn't happen. Now we face Georgia for the SEC Championship. Then, we will see.
So you could still get knocked out?

I worry Michigan blew their wad and might lose the big ten championship.

I thought yesterday was impossible. What if we won a national championship? Harbaugh will be legendary status if he ever achieves that.

So you could still get knocked out?

I worry Michigan blew their wad and might lose the big ten championship.

I thought yesterday was impossible. What if we won a national championship? Harbaugh will be legendary status if he ever achieves that.

Out of the playoffs? Sure. No two loss team has ever made it.

If Michigan and bama lose who would be the top 4?
1 UGA
2 UC
3 OSU (OK State) assuming they win the big 12.
4 ND

That would be my guess anyway. In this scenario UGA likely plays UC in the championship game and pulls away in the second half to win by 2 TD's. (or they might just blow them out of the water and win by 45 Georgia I mean).

1 UGA
2 UC
3 OSU (OK State) assuming they win the big 12.
4 ND

That would be my guess anyway. In this scenario UGA likely plays UC in the championship game and pulls away in the second half to win by 2 TD's. (or they might just blow them out of the water and win by 45 Georgia I mean).
But OSU has two losses. I’d give it to BAMA over them based on them both having two losses and who beat BAMA.

But OSU has two losses. I’d give it to BAMA over them based on them both having two losses and who beat BAMA.
Oklahoma State not Ohio State. They will be a 1 loss Power 5 Conference Champ (assuming they win the big 12 that is). I dont know how you keep them out.

OSU (Ohio State) is done. As is Alabama if they lose to Georgia. Too many 1 loss and undefeated teams out there for them to get in with 2

Last edited:
Oklahoma State not Ohio State. They will be a 1 loss Power 5 Conference Champ (assuming they win the big 12 that is). I dont know how you keep them out.

OSU (Ohio State) is done. As is Alabama if they lose to Georgia. Too many 1 loss and undefeated teams out there for them to get in with 2

My mistake for not spelling it out. Yes, I meant Oklahoma State.

No 2 loss team should make the playoffs.

Here are the rankings from the playoff committee:
1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Michigan State
4) Oregon

5) Ohio State
6) Cinncinati
7) Michigan
8) Ohlahoma
9) Wake Forest
10) Notre Dame

The teams in Boldface are the ones who would be in the playoffs if they were held today.

Amazing thing about the top 4 teams is that the head coaches of all 4 teams were on the 2015 University of Alabama coaching staff.

Tell me that Coach Nick Saban is not the G.O.A.T.
Teams in slots #3 and #4 will be the first victims in the playoffs, as they usually are.

WinterBorn sealybobo @candycorn

Ok so the last post got me thinking. What happens if UGA beats Alabama, and Michigan, UC and OSU (OK state) all lose their Conference championships. Who gets in then?

1 UGA
2 ND
3 Alabama?
4 OSU (Ohio State)?

Or does 2 loss Iowa/Baylor leap frog all those teams and get in based on winning their conference?

I know it's not a likely scenario but it's possible.

4 loss Texas A&M beat Alabama. Sure they will have lost to #1 UGA, but that other one is pretty bad. OSU has lost to #2 Mich and # 10 Oregon who might win their Conference. So OSU will have losses to 2 Conference champs both in the top 10. As losses go it certainly can get worse. I'd have to go really look at who each of them played but I'd bet taking their wins and loses their resumes are relatively the same.

Which makes sense. Both teams IMO are pretty good and at times and based on the match up are really good, but both have glaring deficiencies this year that have hurt them.

Forum List

Back