First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

7 of the 9 teams they have played have been conference games. The other 2 were Clemson and UAB.

While none of the teams have given Georgia much trouble, their schedule is far tougher than Cincy's.

Georgia has played 6 teams with winning records. Cincy has played only 2 teams with a winning record. So not only are they playing much weaker teams, they are playing teams who lost more than they won.

And the level of talent on the teams Georgia played is much higher.

And Notre Lame is the signature win for Cincy. Except of the 8 teams the Golden Domers have beaten, 5 of them have more losses than wins. But then ND is always over-rated. That is why they get beaten so badly in the playoffs or bowl games.
Those are fair points. My counter to them is Cincy hasn’t lost.

So keep UGA at 1. Cincy should be ahead of everyone else and certainly in the top 4.

Umm. Clemson, Florida, UK, Ark, Mia, MSST arent ranked anymore. No one gives a shit what you were ranked in the preseason. Like I said it might have looked good before they started playing games but now it's weak as shit.

And Murray State, Temple, Tulane and Tulsa are all powerhouse teams?

Alabama and Cincy have both beaten exactly one ranked team. But if you think the schedules for the two teams are equal you are mistaken.

So if a team plays cupcakes they make the playoffs?
You don’t think they deserve a spot in the top 4.

what exactly would a group of 5 school need to do if not?

This is my problem with the current system. Everyone acts like a group of 5 school has a shot but the reality is they don’t. Hell I’d argue there are a good number of power 5 teams don’t really have a shot.

If that’s the case stop lying about it so at least those schools know what’s up going in

Umm. Clemson, Florida, UK, Ark, Mia, MSST arent ranked anymore. No one gives a shit what you were ranked in the preseason. Like I said it might have looked good before they started playing games but now it's weak as shit.
When they played those teams they were ranked at those positions.

So you're feckin wrong ya doucher.

When they played those teams they were ranked at those positions.

So you're feckin wrong ya doucher.
Again who gives a shit what they WERE ranked. The ranking was clearly wrong. Is that too complex a concept for you to wrap your head around? I mePam was Clemson really the 3rd best team in the nation? Or were they just an overrated name?

Again who gives a shit what they WERE ranked. The ranking was clearly wrong. Is that too complex a concept for you to wrap your head around? I mePam was Clemson really the 3rd best team in the nation? Or were they just an overrated name?

Preseason polls are always guess work. But picking a team that has consistently performed at the highest level is a good guess.

But strength of schedule is a huge factor in who is any good. Beating a bunch of teams with losing records doesn't mean much.

Preseason polls are always guess work. But picking a team that has consistently performed at the highest level is a good guess.

But strength of schedule is a huge factor in who is any good. Beating a bunch of teams with losing records doesn't mean much.
I dont have an issue with preseason polls. My issue is acting like they mean anything 9 games in.

Because they WERE ranked in the top 25 when they played them!

You can't go into week nine and say they never played top 25 talent based on the rankings today ya fuckin tard.

They WERE top 25 when those games occurred.

Alabama and Georgia beat seven teams ranked in the top 25.

Jesus Christ...I hope they don't let you touch anything sharp.

Because they WERE ranked in the top 25 when they played them!

You can't go into week nine and say they never played top 25 talent based on the rankings today ya fuckin tard.

They WERE top 25 when those games occurred.

Alabama and Georgia beat seven teams ranked in the top 25.

Jesus Christ...I hope they don't let you touch anything sharp.
You're about a sharp as a bag of hammers aren't you?

Preseason and early season rankings/polls are just guesses. Do you think Clemson was the 3rd best team in the nation before the season started and they just forgot how to play football as a team and so got worse? Of course not they were a mediocre team then and now.

It's why the committee doesnt rank anyone until now. You have to actually see them play the games to find out if they are any good. Where you end up at the end of the year is a lot closer to what you are and always were as a team compared to all the other teams in Div 1 then where you were ranked preseason or even mid season.

If the preseason #1 team in the nation doesn't win a game all year were they really ever the best team in the nation? Should the team that beat them the first game really get credit for beating a #1?

Quit sucking the SEC dick, it's making you dumber by the minute.

Here are the rankings from the playoff committee:
1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Michigan State
4) Oregon

5) Ohio State
6) Cinncinati
7) Michigan
8) Ohlahoma
9) Wake Forest
10) Notre Dame

The teams in Boldface are the ones who would be in the playoffs if they were held today.

Amazing thing about the top 4 teams is that the head coaches of all 4 teams were on the 2015 University of Alabama coaching staff.

Tell me that Coach Nick Saban is not the G.O.A.T.
My how things have changed. MSU gone. I can’t believe they put Michigan number 6.

Im just glad BAMA isn’t number one again. Enough already.

My how things have changed. MSU gone. I can’t believe they put Michigan number 6.

Im just glad BAMA isn’t number one again. Enough already.
Ohio State will likely rip their hearts out. While they are probably the best team Jimmy H has had a UM I dont think they are good enough to beat OSU.

Will 4 loss Auburn stay in the top 25 so UGA can still say they beat 2 ranked teams?

Ohio State will likely rip their hearts out. While they are probably the best team Jimmy H has had a UM I dont think they are good enough to beat OSU.

Will 4 loss Auburn stay in the top 25 so UGA can still say they beat 2 ranked teams?
Yes Ohio looks like they will beat both my teams. So both u of m and MSU will have two losses

Yes Ohio looks like they will beat both my teams. So both u of m and MSU will have two losses
I thought they would win. Didn’t think they would do that to MSU.

Also no matter the outcome of this game Alabama is NOT the #2 team in college football

I thought they would win. Didn’t think they would do that to MSU.

Also no matter the outcome of this game Alabama is NOT the #2 team in college football

For now we are. And we just clinched the SEC West, so we will play GA for the SEC Championship. Win that and we are in the playoffs.

According to your opinion.
I don't mind Bama being in the top 4. I knew MI and MSU weren't that good. Still a great season for MSU to go undefeated so long and beat UofM. That was their superbowl right there. I knew Ohio State would clobber MSU. They always do.

SO BAMA, OHIO, and who are the other 2 teams in the top 4?

I don't mind Bama being in the top 4. I knew MI and MSU weren't that good. Still a great season for MSU to go undefeated so long and beat UofM. That was their superbowl right there. I knew Ohio State would clobber MSU. They always do.

SO BAMA, OHIO, and who are the other 2 teams in the top 4?

Georgia is still #1.

Alabama was #2 last week, and won.
Cincie was #3 last week, and they won as well.
Oregon was #4 last week, and they won.

So until one of the 4 loses. Ohio State is on the outside looking in.

If Georgia beats Bama, then OSU has a slot. If Bama beat Georgia, they could both make the playoffs and that would leave the Buckeyes out.

Forum List

Back