First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

I don't think I would call it struggling with Arkansas. After all, outside of only being ahead by 3 in the first quarter, Alabama led by at least a touchdown almost the entire game. The Hogs wouldn't go down easy and have been hitting their stride the last few games.

Ohio State struggled more against Nebraska than the Tide did against Arkansas. And Nebraska is 3-8 for the season.
It was a one possession game late in the 4th...

Beating MSU who is ranked in the top 10 by 50 is no big deal but 3 teams all with at least 3 losses hanging at the edge of the rankings (one which most certainly wont be included on Tuesday) are.... is that the argument? I know you are die hard Alabama fan but even you dont believe that.

I am a diehard Bama fan, indeed. I am happy to see them ranked in the top 4.

And I see reasons for it. The fact that you disagree is no biggie. There were people disagreeing with our ranking last year too.

If we beat auburn and then beat Georgia in the SEC Championship, I like our chances for winning the playoffs as well. If not? There is always next year.

It was a one possession game late in the 4th...

And Bama was never behind, even in the 4th. Every team we play brings their best game.

And the Ohio State v. Nebraska game was a one possession game for almost the entire 60 minutes. And Nebraska is 3-8.

The only question left really is whether GA or Alabama will fall out of the top 4 when one of them loses in the SEC Championship game. Oregon being trounced today by Utah has pretty much sealed their fate.

GA, OSU, Bama are the best 3 teams in the nation....who's #4. I don't know....but I don't think it matters really.

With my posting that...watch #4 win it all this year. LOL
If Ga loses they stay in. I don think you can keep a 2 loss non SEC champ Alabama over a 1 loss big 12 champ.

That puts GA, OSU, UC, and OU, OS or ND?

If Ga loses they stay in. I don think you can keep a 2 loss non SEC champ Alabama over a 1 loss big 12 champ.

That puts GA, OSU, UC, and OU, OS or ND?

Makes sense...but at the same time, I don't see 'Bama having any problem with OU, ND, or Cincy.

Still; the record has to count for something...right?

Makes sense...but at the same time, I don't see 'Bama having any problem with OU, ND, or Cincy.

Still; the record has to count for something...right?
OU I would agree. Cincy I’m not convinced. They gave UGA all they wanted last year and they are better this year. TAM beat Alabama and they aren’t as good as ND or Cincy imo.

Alabama isnt as good this year either.

The latest CFP rankings are out.

#1 - Georgia
#2 - Ohio State
#3 - Alabama
#4 - Cincinnati

Ark isnt going to be ranked they have 4 losses and they havnt beaten anyone of consequence. Every good team they've played they've lost to. They were getting there ranking from their SEC affiliation .
And MSST is a joke being ranked with 4 losses. They lost to Memphis (5-6) and LSU (5-6) ....

Alabama struggling with Ark, losing to T&AM (another team overrated SEC team), coupled with OSU destroying MSU should push them ahead of Alabama

Arkansas dropped a few spots in the latest CFP rankings, but they are still in the top 25.

Hopefully the committee won't put Notre Dame in the top 4, regardless of the losses of the high ranked teams.

The Golden Domers made the playoffs twice and a BCS Championship game in 2013. They were humiliated and exposed as over-rated all 3 times.

The latest CFP rankings are out.

#1 - Georgia
#2 - Ohio State
#3 - Alabama
#4 - Cincinnati
This is what I figured would be the rankings. Though I still feel UC should be at least 3.
Hopefully the committee won't put Notre Dame in the top 4, regardless of the losses of the high ranked teams.

The Golden Domers made the playoffs twice and a BCS Championship game in 2013. They were humiliated and exposed as over-rated all 3 times.

i would agree nd doesn’t belong, but if UGA beats Alabama I’m pretty sure that’s what’s going to happen.

This is what I figured would be the rankings. Though I still feel UC should be at least 3.

i would agree nd doesn’t belong, but if UGA beats Alabama I’m pretty sure that’s what’s going to happen.

As long as a team is in the top 4, the rest doesn't really matter. Especially #3 and #4.

And UC wins, 12-0. They will host Houston next Saturday. Win that and they should be in the playoff.

And UC wins, 12-0. They will host Houston next Saturday. Win that and they should be in the playoff.
They will be. 2 plays 5 this week. 1 plays 3 in the SEC championship, and they wont put ND in over them since they won the head to head.

It will be either

1 UGA
2 OSU
3 UC
4 ND/Ok State

Or

1 OSU
2 Bama
3 UC
4 UGA

Depending in the outcome of the SEC championship and assuming Ok State wins out and depending on how the committee values the Big 12 champion

Last edited:
They will be. 2 plays 5 this week. 1 plays 3 in the SEC championship, and they wont put ND in over them since they won the head to head.

It will be either

1 UGA
2 OSU
3 UC
4 ND/Ok State

Or

1 OSU
2 Bama
3 UC
4 UGA

Depending in the outcome of the SEC championship and assuming Ok State wins out and depending on how the committee values the Big 12 champion

I don't see anything wrong with those picks.

All that’s assuming UGA, Bama and OSU win their games this week of course.

I think GA will handle GATech with ease.
Bama should beat auburn, but that game is always up for grabs. The intensity of the rivalry makes the rankings matter less.
OSU has the same issue with the intense rivalry, plus they are facing a much better pass defense than they have seen before. Should be a good game, with OSU coming out on top.

Agreed.

Michigan and Auburn just dont have the horses to keep up with OSU and Alabama.

SEC championship will tell us who UGA is. I don’t think they’ve really been tested this year.

Forum List

Back