First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

Georgia is still #1.

Alabama was #2 last week, and won.
Cincie was #3 last week, and they won as well.
Oregon was #4 last week, and they won.

So until one of the 4 loses. Ohio State is on the outside looking in.

If Georgia beats Bama, then OSU has a slot. If Bama beat Georgia, they could both make the playoffs and that would leave the Buckeyes out.
Is anyone complaining they aren't in the top 4?

Georgia is still #1.

Alabama was #2 last week, and won.
Cincie was #3 last week, and they won as well.
Oregon was #4 last week, and they won.

So until one of the 4 loses. Ohio State is on the outside looking in.

If Georgia beats Bama, then OSU has a slot. If Bama beat Georgia, they could both make the playoffs and that would leave the Buckeyes out.
Last week.

GA 1
Bama 2
Ore 3
OSU 4
Cincy 5

OSU now has a better resume than Alabama does.

Should be

1 GA
2 OSU
3 CINCI
4 BAMA

Alabama has beaten 3 ranked teams. #12 Ole Miss, #21 Arkansas, and #25 Miss State.
OSU has beaten 1 ranked team. #7 Michigan State. (according to the CFP rankings)

OSU now has a better resume than Alabama does.

Should be

1 GA
2 OSU
3 CINCI
4 BAMA
It's going to be UGA, OSU, BAMA, UC. Now the corrupt committee might try to slide Michigan in at 4 next Tuesday, but either OSU or Michigan gets loss #2 next Saturday.

Against the Big 12-bound Bearcats, SMU looked out of Cincinnati’s league​

After his Mustangs were dominated in all phases, head coach Sonny Dykes said Cincinnati is College Football Playoff worthy.​

“You just have to give [Cincinnati] credit. They really played well tonight. They looked like a top 3 team. They looked like a College Football Playoff team and they certainly made a statement tonight.”

Throughout this season, Dykes has talked often about the margins of victory. For SMU, they’ve been slim, but the Mustangs have found a way to win most of those games. For Cincinnati, its margin of victory against SMU looked like a chasm — between one program with playoff aspirations and one chasing relevance.

“We certainly knew what they were capable of,” Dykes said. “All you got to do is turn on the Notre Dame game and look at the way they handled Notre Dame and South Bend on both sides of the ball.

The only question left really is whether GA or Alabama will fall out of the top 4 when one of them loses in the SEC Championship game. Oregon being trounced today by Utah has pretty much sealed their fate.

GA, OSU, Bama are the best 3 teams in the nation....who's #4. I don't know....but I don't think it matters really.

With my posting that...watch #4 win it all this year. LOL

The only question left really is whether GA or Alabama will fall out of the top 4 when one of them loses in the SEC Championship game. Oregon being trounced today by Utah has pretty much sealed their fate.

GA, OSU, Bama are the best 3 teams in the nation....who's #4. I don't know....but I don't think it matters really.

With my posting that...watch #4 win it all this year. LOL

If Alabama loses to GA in the SEC Championship we are out of the playoffs. But if GA loses, they will be a 1 loss team and probably stay in it.

It's going to be UGA, OSU, BAMA, UC. Now the corrupt committee might try to slide Michigan in at 4 next Tuesday, but either OSU or Michigan gets loss #2 next Saturday.
If Michigan beats Ohio then they should slide to number 4.

If Alabama loses to GA in the SEC Championship we are out of the playoffs. But if GA loses, they will be a 1 loss team and probably stay in it.
No doubt a loss to Alabama should not put them out of the top 4. I hope GA and Bama have to first play the other 2 teams then if they win play again for the national championship.

Or Bama loses and they are out. That's what we are all wishing for. Only Bama fans want to see them win another one. Fuck that. LOL. Anyone but Bama.

If Alabama loses to GA in the SEC Championship we are out of the playoffs.
I am not so sure about that. I mean...who would you put into the place to where you can say, "Yeah, ___________ can beat Alabama" that isn't already in the top 4? Michigan? No. Cincy? No. OU? No. Notre Dame? You may get some argument there but anyone who watched them will say "hell to the no". I'm not saying it should be that way but it may be that way. The second string of GA, 'Bama, OU can give any one of those teams I mentioned a good game.
But if GA loses, they will be a 1 loss team and probably stay in it.
I agree with this.

I am not so sure about that. I mean...who would you put into the place to where you can say, "Yeah, ___________ can beat Alabama" that isn't already in the top 4? Michigan? No. Cincy? No. OU? No. Notre Dame? You may get some argument there but anyone who watched them will say "hell to the no". I'm not saying it should be that way but it may be that way. The second string of GA, 'Bama, OU can give any one of those teams I mentioned a good game.

I agree with this.
I hear the juggernots are being broken up by athletes getting to transfer and not have to wait a year. That's great. It was a dumb rule.

So if BAMA recruits 3 great running backs, eventually 1 of those guys should transfer to a school where he will start.

Alabama has beaten 3 ranked teams. #12 Ole Miss, #21 Arkansas, and #25 Miss State.
OSU has beaten 1 ranked team. #7 Michigan State. (according to the CFP rankings)
Ark isnt going to be ranked they have 4 losses and they havnt beaten anyone of consequence. Every good team they've played they've lost to. They were getting there ranking from their SEC affiliation .
And MSST is a joke being ranked with 4 losses. They lost to Memphis (5-6) and LSU (5-6) ....

Alabama struggling with Ark, losing to T&AM (another team overrated SEC team), coupled with OSU destroying MSU should push them ahead of Alabama

No doubt a loss to Alabama should not put them out of the top 4. I hope GA and Bama have to first play the other 2 teams then if they win play again for the national championship.

Or Bama loses and they are out. That's what we are all wishing for. Only Bama fans want to see them win another one. Fuck that. LOL. Anyone but Bama.

Yeah, I know. I hear it all the time. Especially after last years team blew everyone out.

I live in Atlanta, so I have a lot of friends who went to Georgia. We've beaten them 6 times in a row. 3 times in the regular season when they were ranked in the Top 10, 2 times in the SEC Championship when they were ranked #3 or #4, and once in the National Championship game in OT when they had us 2nd down and 26 and Tua made a name for himself. To say they hate us is an understatement.

Ark isnt going to be ranked they have 4 losses and they havnt beaten anyone of consequence. Every good team they've played they've lost to. They were getting there ranking from their SEC affiliation .
And MSST is a joke being ranked with 4 losses. They lost to Memphis (5-6) and LSU (5-6) ....

Alabama struggling with Ark, losing to T&AM (another team overrated SEC team), coupled with OSU destroying MSU should push them ahead of Alabama

No, Arkansas won't be ranked after this loss. But they were yesterday.

OSU destroying a team that lost to Purdue isn't as big as you make it sound.

But the fact is, there are 3 teams in the current CFP rankings that Alabama beat, and only 1 that OSU beat.

I don't think I would call it struggling with Arkansas. After all, outside of only being ahead by 3 in the first quarter, Alabama led by at least a touchdown almost the entire game. The Hogs wouldn't go down easy and have been hitting their stride the last few games.

Ohio State struggled more against Nebraska than the Tide did against Arkansas. And Nebraska is 3-8 for the season.

No, Arkansas won't be ranked after this loss. But they were yesterday.

OSU destroying a team that lost to Purdue isn't as big as you make it sound.

But the fact is, there are 3 teams in the current CFP rankings that Alabama beat, and only 1 that OSU beat.
Beating MSU who is ranked in the top 10 by 50 is no big deal but 3 teams all with at least 3 losses hanging at the edge of the rankings (one which most certainly wont be included on Tuesday) are.... is that the argument? I know you are die hard Alabama fan but even you dont believe that.

Forum List

Back