Finally the USA is trying to get back into Space

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
After 8 years of the Obama administration screwing with the American Space program
If all goes well America will for the first time in 8 years launch two American Astronauts from the Kennedy Space Center this afternoon. God Speed to the Astronauts,It is about time. Now a look at the obama era shuttle'
12239242603_7f9aa9a1ff_o.jpg

Well, right now there is live coverage on the Discovery channel if you have it. They are interviewing various people, giving the history of the Space X rocket and the Dragon capsule.

To tell you the truth, Musk and his team got it right, because there is lots of safety built into the Dragon capsule. If something happens, and they have enough time to exit the capsule, there is a cage on a zip line that they can use to get away from the rocket.

If they don't have enough time to get out of the capsule, again, no problem, as the Dragon capsule has a rocket motor on it. If a problem starts, all they have to do is hit the button to eject the capsule, and it can get away from the rocket before it malfunctions. The capsule ejection is tied into the rocket safety systems for automatic launch if necessary, as well as there is a manual launch button that can be hit from the capsule or mission control.

I always liked watching launches of rockets like this. Glad we're doing it again.

I was wondering if they will stream on the NASA site?

If you have the Discovery Channel, it's on right now, with interviews, history, and all sorts of stuff. I really like the new space suits they developed, not only do they look stylish, but according to the astronauts, they are lighter and a lot easier to get in and out of, as well as move.

I was wondering if they will stream on the NASA site?

If you have the Discovery Channel, it's on right now, with interviews, history, and all sorts of stuff. I really like the new space suits they developed, not only do they look stylish, but according to the astronauts, they are lighter and a lot easier to get in and out of, as well as move.
got it all taping. I'm excited.

Hopefully the flight is a successful one. We will see if the weather holds out today or if it is postponed until the weekend.

Currently right now, the weather guessers are giving it a 50/50 shot. Not only does the weather for 11 miles around have to be at certain conditions, but the weather from Florida, all the way up to Canada has to be within favorable conditions.

I stand by Bob and Doug. Imagine if we ever have to send a Trevor, or God forbid, a Travis into space.

Well, right now there is live coverage on the Discovery channel if you have it. They are interviewing various people, giving the history of the Space X rocket and the Dragon capsule.

To tell you the truth, Musk and his team got it right, because there is lots of safety built into the Dragon capsule. If something happens, and they have enough time to exit the capsule, there is a cage on a zip line that they can use to get away from the rocket.

If they don't have enough time to get out of the capsule, again, no problem, as the Dragon capsule has a rocket motor on it. If a problem starts, all they have to do is hit the button to eject the capsule, and it can get away from the rocket before it malfunctions. The capsule ejection is tied into the rocket safety systems for automatic launch if necessary, as well as there is a manual launch button that can be hit from the capsule or mission control.

I always liked watching launches of rockets like this. Glad we're doing it again.
Will they make sure it's seen in the lines to the food banks as a morale booster ?

Live from Spacex

Latest update didn’t sound good. They are checking again in 2 minutes.

Forum List

Back