Finally the USA is trying to get back into Space

Perfect Obama put us on course for a privately funded space program
ohhhhh so now the left loves the private sector ....bs !

Except that’s exactly what happened. Obama scrapped a failing expensive program and made a competition for private firms to put people into low earth orbit.
Capitalism at its finest
You would think Conservatives would be thrilled
That Obama killed the US manned space program?

Except that’s exactly what happened. Obama scrapped a failing expensive program and made a competition for private firms to put people into low earth orbit.
Capitalism at its finest
That Obama killed the US manned space program?
The side shuttle was a death trap and totally unacceptable and unable to justify its massive price tag. The replacement to the shuttle was massively behind schedule and over budget.

Commercial crew program has been a huge cost savings to NASA and permitted budget room to do other things.

Capitalism at its finest
I wouldn’t call it capitalism but commercial crew has worked out pretty good.

They scrubbed it because rain was coming down in buckets. Supposed to try again on Saturday though there is a 70% chance of rain again.

I watched every space shot from my front yard back in the day. Glad to see we are sending ours up in our own rockets.

I don’t see why it is so hard to develop a rocket.

We designed and built the Saturn V in about four years. Why is it so difficult today?

We designed and built the Saturn V in about four years. Why is it so difficult today?
because this rocket lands itself rather than falling into the sea

The budget is still significantly reduced ... but they're starting small.

destination_to_earth_665485.jpg

Increased testing and design reviews due to less acceptance of risk.
The technology to launch a platform into low orbit has been in place for 60 years. You would think we could develop one in a few years.
We have computer and simulation capabilities that were beyond imagination in the 50s. We shouldn’t be without a useable rocket capability

After 8 years of the Obama administration screwing with the American Space program
If all goes well America will for the first time in 8 years launch two American Astronauts from the Kennedy Space Center this afternoon. God Speed to the Astronauts,It is about time. Now a look at the obama era shuttle'
View attachment 341661

Not if it wasn't for the lock down party. Lunching yourself to hundred of miles from all of humanity does not satisfy the social distancing guidelines.

Thankfully Elon rose the middle finger.

The technology to launch a platform into low orbit has been in place for 60 years. You would think we could develop one in a few years.
We have computer and simulation capabilities that were beyond imagination in the 50s. We shouldn’t be without a useable rocket capability

the rockets aren't the issue, it's the crew capsules that take forever to check out and certify.

Remember the Apollo missions had an accident that if it happened in the past two decades would have stopped the program for 5 years. They just kept on going.

Unfortunately, we also have diversity which we didn't have 70 years ago. NASA today is more about that diversity than propulsion, so no wonder they can't even get back to moon. They did not hire the best.

Unfortunately, we also have diversity which we didn't have 70 years ago. NASA today is more about that diversity than propulsion, so no wonder they can't even get back to moon. They did not hire the best.

They wouldn’t hire you

Guess you never heard about the movie "Hidden Figures". It tells the story of NASA putting a man on the moon with the help of black women who did the lion's share of the calculations to get them there. Yes, there was diversity back then.

Forum List

Back