Federal judge blocks Texas restrictive abortion law, says women faced 'irreparable harm'

NO, it's NOT.
The ideal world human population for a planet this size and with these resources is between 1.5 to 2 billion maximum. We are approaching eight billion. I'd call that overdone.

The false crisis of 'overpopulation' is a myth that some dimwits were served as children and just can't let go of.
So you like eliminating perfectly serviceable, terse, scientific descriptors? In this case one for having an unsustainably high quantity of a particular species -or- piss poor biodiversity? Language police much? Yes, overpopulation -- when not dimwittedly being conflated with unrelated things such as national origin, race, or ethnicity -- is a fine term. Deal with it.

It seems to me that there should be repercussions of some type when laws are passed that are blatently and knowingly unconstitutional because they deprive people rights and allow harm to them while they are in effect even though they are eventually overturned or ruled to be unconstitutional.

There is a member here on U.S. Message board who repeatedly made the assertion that no woman is allowed to have an unlawful abortion, completely overlooking that the act was only recently made unlawful and now the court is saying that the law was wrong. Well what about the people who have been harmed while this "law" was in effect?

How would you feel if you were a gun owner and someone was able to pass a law, knowing it would not pass constitutional muster and would be overturned eventually, that made ownership of all semi-automatic pistols unlawful? You didn't go out and buy one, you were already the legal owner of the semi-auto but know because of someone else's angst, you're suddenly a criminal even though you and they both know that this new law is bogus. Nonetheless, it's currently the law and while it stands you're a criminal unless you get rid of your semi-autos.

Abortion is a lamentable evil that disproportionately harms the African-American community.

What a tragedy

I'm sorry, only a physician should be deciding that that's some politician not some Court. They all need to stay out of a person's medical care. The world is already overpopulated, in a few short years same cover could be forcing people to have abortions if they are granted. Power now. No man in his right mind would let the government control his body, but women are a different story ? I don't think so. That's just wrong.
great. stay out of my vaccine status.

There are many humane and non-coercive strategies that the world can adopt to reduce the growing impact that our numbers are creating. These measures use education (especially of young women), family planning, and access to contraception, and they focus on allowing women to make their own choice about how many children they have. This is something we need to discuss and act on. Population is not the only key problem humanity faces, and we have here only touched on its terrible twin – overconsumption. However, the two are entwined and must be solved concurrently.

The ideal world human population for a planet this size and with these resources is between 1.5 to 2 billion maximum. We are approaching eight billion. I'd call that overdone.
so let's kill all the worthless people like Hitler did?

whatever.

you will volunteer to go first, right?

Indeed, not only could we all not fit into Texas for any period of time, but also we don’t really fit into Earth. To be sustainable, with our current population and level of consumption, we would need 1.7 times the land area available to us. We have overdrawn on our global savings account in order to enjoy our consumptive lifestyle.

We can already see the effects of overpopulation and overconsumption. Perhaps most evident is climate change. Land is eroding, fisheries are depleted and toxic chemicals are ubiquitous. Furthermore, we are killing off other species at terrifying rates – at least 1,000 times normal. Although the Ecological Footprint is an excellent tool for comparing what people are using with what is available, it has a major limitation. It does not leave any resources for other species.

Only if you agree to keep your vaccine status off of people's property who don't want you around.
when i get to your private property, i'll make a note of it.

but you and one mindset doesn't get to set the standards for us all. the effort to do so with lie after lie is bullshit.

What is a "recreational" abortion?
That one is easy. It's when a life is snuffed out for no other reason than the convenience of not being bothered with contraception. Abortion has BECOME contraception in some twisted way. Every life will require an accounting. We ALL will face judgment, each in our own time.

Having an abortion is not murdering the unborn. Some fertilized eggs develop into human beings and many don't. One of my aunts carried a zygote/fetus three different times until the fourth time, a living child resulted. You are just angry at the idea that a woman would make the decision whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term. You just want pregnancy to be a punishment for women who have sex because you have some freakish fear about women exercising their sexuality. Remember that pregnancy is the process of manufacturing a human body. Until the process is completed, there is no human being.
This is America and it seems the tide is turning on this issue. Texans disagree with your views and the actions of this one judge have been set aside and the threshold for this procedure now ends when the heartbeat begins.

when i get to your private property, i'll make a note of it.

but you and one mindset doesn't get to set the standards for us all. the effort to do so with lie after lie is bullshit.
Sure buddy.

And we’ve seen plenty of people melting down because they can’t follow the rules.

This is America and it seems the tide is turning on this issue. Texans disagree with your views and the actions of this one judge have been set aside and the threshold for this procedure now ends when the heartbeat begins.
..or that fluttering sound or something..

Yep. Seems this minority of religious zealots have gathered their shit together and chucked it at the rest of us again.. It's like they just don't care.. Not really.. Oh sure, they always pretend really hard like they do and throw tons of money at it.. But, well, you know.. As any true, red blooded American should know.. This nation was built upon majority rule.. We certainly can and do listen to, tolerate, and accommodate mountains of minority nutbaggery* here.. But, it's the women, you see.. They comprise like half of us.. You'll never convince them to give up Roe en masse.. There's far more to life than accumulation of property.. Even a severely jaundiced evangelical should understand that by now..

(*) - just noting no spell check warning on that, lol

Last edited:
Sure buddy.

And we’ve seen plenty of people melting down because they can’t follow the rules.
and we've seen plenty of people who make rules for others then refuse to follow them.

people in the end really don't give a shit about safety, they care about control as a substitute illusion. for example, if you go out and are not wearing a mask, people would come up to you and scream you must comply or you put them at risk. never mind simply getting close put said person at said risk.

if it was fear of corona or need for safety, you simply stay away from the danger.

and we've seen plenty of people who make rules for others then refuse to follow them.

people in the end really don't give a shit about safety, they care about control as a substitute illusion. for example, if you go out and are not wearing a mask, people would come up to you and scream you must comply or you put them at risk. never mind simply getting close put said person at said risk.

if it was fear of corona or need for safety, you simply stay away from the danger.
You’re so cynical.

It would be nice if we could just treat each other like humans again. People in the end really just are so selfish and childish that they can’t do something as simple as wear a mask.

And no, “simply” stay away is a childish strategy. It’s simply not feasible.

Forum List

Back