Federal judge blocks Texas restrictive abortion law, says women faced 'irreparable harm'

It seems to me that there should be repercussions of some type when laws are passed that are blatently and knowingly unconstitutional because they deprive people rights and allow harm to them while they are in effect even though they are eventually overturned or ruled to be unconstitutional.

There is a member here on U.S. Message board who repeatedly made the assertion that no woman is allowed to have an unlawful abortion, completely overlooking that the act was only recently made unlawful and now the court is saying that the law was wrong. Well what about the people who have been harmed while this "law" was in effect?

How would you feel if you were a gun owner and someone was able to pass a law, knowing it would not pass constitutional muster and would be overturned eventually, that made ownership of all semi-automatic pistols unlawful? You didn't go out and buy one, you were already the legal owner of the semi-auto but know because of someone else's angst, you're suddenly a criminal even though you and they both know that this new law is bogus. Nonetheless, it's currently the law and while it stands you're a criminal unless you get rid of your semi-autos.

See how that works?

Federal judge blocks Texas restrictive abortion law, says women faced 'irreparable harm'
One is murder and one is gun possession.

On second thought i've changed my mind on the current state of our military. With Biden's gift of 85B to the taliban in our machines of war..that makes us the biggest supporter of terrorist activity in the world.

It seems to me that there should be repercussions of some type when laws are passed that are blatently and knowingly unconstitutional because they deprive people rights and allow harm to them while they are in effect even though they are eventually overturned or ruled to be unconstitutional.

There is a member here on U.S. Message board who repeatedly made the assertion that no woman is allowed to have an unlawful abortion, completely overlooking that the act was only recently made unlawful and now the court is saying that the law was wrong. Well what about the people who have been harmed while this "law" was in effect?

How would you feel if you were a gun owner and someone was able to pass a law, knowing it would not pass constitutional muster and would be overturned eventually, that made ownership of all semi-automatic pistols unlawful? You didn't go out and buy one, you were already the legal owner of the semi-auto but know because of someone else's angst, you're suddenly a criminal even though you and they both know that this new law is bogus. Nonetheless, it's currently the law and while it stands you're a criminal unless you get rid of your semi-autos.

See how that works?

The judge is correct.

The Texas anti-privacy rights law is clearly unconstitutional.

Owning a gun is a Constitutional RIGHT.......show us where the right to murder the unborn is in the Constitution

See how that works?
A woman’s right for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is absolutely covered in the constitution. I don’t see where the constitution gives the government the right to tell a woman what she can or can’t do with her own body and medical decisions… can you show me that?

What you pro-abortion people always fail to grasp, and I use the noun "people" quite loosely when ghoul would be the more appropriate one to describe you, is that someone put the idea in your broken little minds that a child developing in the womb was inhuman and thus you have the right to slaughter it. Do you know who that someone was? Do all you feminist self-aggrandizing inhumanoids have any idea at whose altar you worship when you champion abortion? Allow me to enlighten you. You and all other postmodern "people" who worship abortion do so because a severely mentally ill old white man forwarded the idea centuries ago. That's right . . . the cry your kind make to the heavens, "my body, my choice" was given to you by an ancient, long dead white guy who, wait for it, told you what to do with your body and the innocent life developing inside it. His name was Le Marquis de Sade and nearly every word he wrote shit on women, their bodies and their self-worth. HE is your god of abortion. And old white man long gone down to hell. He put the idea of aborting the unborn in your minds. HE told you what to do with your bodies. Oh the irony . . .

Your bodies belong not to you, oh no, you've freely devoted them, surrendered them to Le Marquis de Sade. In your most heated state of resistance to the "evil patriarchy" you are still serving it . . .
Your reference to the Marquis de Sade is totally moronic. Who put this crazy theory in your head?

If someone puts "A" and "B" in front of you and tells you to pick one or the other, without extolling the virtues of either or denigrating either of the choices, is that person "pro" A or B?

All that said........

If abortion is immoral and against God's will....then those who get recreational abortions will pay.

If......there's a God that cares that is.
Having nothing whatsoever with the thread topic.

Having nothing whatsoever to do with law, the Constitution, or the right to privacy.

Subjective, personal beliefs and religious dogma have no bearing on the protected liberties of citizens which prohibit government excess and overreach.

Having nothing whatsoever with the thread topic.
Having nothing whatsoever to do with law, the Constitution, or the right to privacy.
Subjective, personal beliefs and religious dogma have no bearing on the protected liberties of citizens which prohibit government excess and overreach.
And yet, you agree:
This law is constitutional.

Like in CA NY NJ MD and HI?
Happens all the time.
What should the repercussions be?
A statutory cause of action and statutory damages would be a good start, in my opinion.

I am not familiar with the laws in the states you listed since I am not a resident of any of them, therefore I haven't kept up with what's going on in them, although it would not surprise me in the least to discover that they're doing this. If I recall correctly, gun magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are being made unlawful in several states while that has been the law in California for a long as I can remember.

California, Maryland, New Jersey and New York and you're right, Hawaii as well, have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

Forum List

Back