Federal judge blocks Texas restrictive abortion law, says women faced 'irreparable harm'

If it were truly constipation it wouldn't be called incontinent.

The average case backlog for state and local courts across the United States increased by about one-third amid the COVID-19 pandemic

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense, it can't be both.
Clayton will explain.
Since the law was enacted, he's been avoiding the issue, because he knows the law is constitutional - and doesn't want to admit it.
He knows this, because it has not been ruled unconstitutional, and he know any law is constitutional until ruled otherwise.
Ask him. Mention "Caroline Products" and "footnote 4".

Clayton will explain.
Since the law was enacted, he's been avoiding the issue, because he knows the law is constitutional - and doesn't want to admit it.
He knows this, because it has not been ruled unconstitutional, and he know any law is constitutional until ruled otherwise.
Ask him. Mention "Caroline Products" and "footnote 4".
If a law is ruled to be in violation of the U.S. Constitution, are you saying that until that ruling it was constitutional?

It seems to me that there should be repercussions of some type when laws are passed that are blatently and knowingly unconstitutional because they deprive people rights and allow harm to them while they are in effect even though they are eventually overturned or ruled to be unconstitutional.

There is a member here on U.S. Message board who repeatedly made the assertion that no woman is allowed to have an unlawful abortion, completely overlooking that the act was only recently made unlawful and now the court is saying that the law was wrong. Well what about the people who have been harmed while this "law" was in effect?

How would you feel if you were a gun owner and someone was able to pass a law, knowing it would not pass constitutional muster and would be overturned eventually, that made ownership of all semi-automatic pistols unlawful? You didn't go out and buy one, you were already the legal owner of the semi-auto but know because of someone else's angst, you're suddenly a criminal even though you and they both know that this new law is bogus. Nonetheless, it's currently the law and while it stands you're a criminal unless you get rid of your semi-autos.

See how that works?

Federal judge blocks Texas restrictive abortion law, says women faced 'irreparable harm'

Texas fetal heartbeat abortion law is back in effect.

Too bad for the Satanic cultists.

It seems to me that there should be repercussions of some type when laws are passed that are blatently and knowingly unconstitutional because they deprive people rights and allow harm to them while they are in effect even though they are eventually overturned or ruled to be unconstitutional.

There is a member here on U.S. Message board who repeatedly made the assertion that no woman is allowed to have an unlawful abortion, completely overlooking that the act was only recently made unlawful and now the court is saying that the law was wrong. Well what about the people who have been harmed while this "law" was in effect?

How would you feel if you were a gun owner and someone was able to pass a law, knowing it would not pass constitutional muster and would be overturned eventually, that made ownership of all semi-automatic pistols unlawful? You didn't go out and buy one, you were already the legal owner of the semi-auto but know because of someone else's angst, you're suddenly a criminal even though you and they both know that this new law is bogus. Nonetheless, it's currently the law and while it stands you're a criminal unless you get rid of your semi-autos.

See how that works?

The best repercussion would be that this goes to the Supreme Court and they finally reach the consensus that this is a medical matter between a woman and her doctor and no person. Government entity or court has the right to interfer with their decisions. Roe vs Wade was a start but the government and the courts need to step back from it entirely now and forever. the last thing this world needs is more miles to feed, especially unwanted ones, ones that aren't even here yet. The pro-lifers complain about a few hundred thousand immigrants come across the border, good they want 40 to 60 million more people here who weren't supposed to be here in the first place. So much for their pro-life stance.

Abortion doesn't involve murder.
That's your point of view.

You should respect others and let them have their points of view...

There will never be peace or understanding in this world, nor will we find solutions, till everyone is allowed their own truth.

If you want respect and others to believe your truth, you must understand theirs.

See how that works?

This is a temporary injunction, until there is SCOTUS review.

Talking about repercussions is, IMO, premature.

There will never be peace or understanding in this world, nor will we find solutions, till everyone is allowed their own truth.

If you want respect and others to believe your truth, you must understand theirs.
It's not my point of view, it's both the dictionary and legal definition of the word "murder".

Last edited:
I wasn't referring solely about this case in reference to repercussions or more aptly restitution.
.. .. well, I've made my POV clear else where on the forum.

I believe in the concept of federalism, and I don't like the courts dictating the law.

If you don't like the law in your state, move to one that is friendly to your POV.

If a state passes laws that controls your body, move to one that doesn't. If it passes too restrictive gun control for your tastes? Move elsewhere.

Really though, comparing the two, is like comparing apples and oranges. The right to bear arms is an explicitly named right. The right to privacy in regards to an abortion is one that has been read into the Constitution. Some believe that the life of a child is being murdered.

Clearly? You do not.

I respect that. I hope you live in a state where the majority of the citizens feel that way, and vote to keep that as a woman's choice.

OTH? I don't understand folks that feel the need to interfere with the politics of other states.

I don't live in Texas, so? It is none of my business, it is their choice.

NOW. . . . as to the topic of restitution? As has been pointed out, this Texas law has, again, been reinstated, so, we shall have to, as I said, wait for that. But, it is like trying to redress perceived wrongs of a political fight. There are going to be causalities. I honestly don't think there can be "restitution." A person has to be responsible for their own life, and not blame the voters for the laws that are passed, even if they are overturned in the end.

That's just the way the ball bounces in the end. We can't blame society for the mistakes we all make in our lives. We have to live with them.

Why would you think I would desire respect from people who can't tell fact from fiction? And are so dishonest that when they are provided with the information so that they can see for themselves that they are mistaken, they just double down on their mistaken and uninformed point of view?

Others are more than welcome to their opinion on it that's why Roe vs Wade came into being. To protect everyone's opinion.

You wrote this yet you support a law that allows a bunch of strangers to get involved in the lives of women who choose to terminate a pregnancy, motivated by the thought of making an easy $10,000?
All laws are made by “a bunch of strangers” to get involved in all of our lives. It’s called living in a civilized society with laws.

Forum List

Back