Federal court declares Biden's "student loan forgiveness" scheme illegal

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Anyone who supported Biden because of this got duped.

A federal judge in Texas on Thursday struck down the Biden administration’s student-debt forgiveness plan, imperiling a key administration priority that would have canceled up to $20,000 in student loans for tens of millions of borrowers.

The Biden administration’s plan is an “unconstitutional exercise of Congress’s legislative power” that also failed to go through normal regulatory processes, Judge Mark Pittman of the Northern District of Texas wrote in a 26-page opinion.

“No one can plausibly deny that it is either one of the largest delegations of legislative power to the executive branch, or one of the largest exercises of legislative power without congressional authority in the history of the United States,” Mr. Pittman, an appointee of former President Donald Trump wrote.
The Justice Department is appealing the verdict, a spokeswoman said.

Biden's handlers knew this was unconstitutional from the start. It was a ploy to get cheapskates to vote dem, then blame the republicans.

Notice DOJ is appealing the decision?

57wvin.jpg

Duped? I have long noted there is Constitutional issues here that need addressed by the courts and I don't know how they will play out but duped?

Let's say the courts squash the plan. People would still be deciding to pick a side wanting to help people out and a side that does not.

Duped? I have long noted there is Constitutional issues here that need addressed by the courts and I don't know how they will play out but duped?

Let's say the courts squash the plan. People would still be deciding to pick a side wanting to help people out and a side that does not.

Stealing from people who didn't go to college to pay off those who did and reneged on their debts isn't helping anyone.

As I was saying.....

Biden's handlers knew this was unconstitutional from the start. It was a ploy to get cheapskates to vote dem, then blame the republicans.

Notice DOJ is appealing the decision?

A federal judge in Texas on Thursday struck down the Biden administration’s student-debt forgiveness plan, imperiling a key administration priority that would have canceled up to $20,000 in student loans for tens of millions of borrowers.

The Biden administration’s plan is an “unconstitutional exercise of Congress’s legislative power” that also failed to go through normal regulatory processes, Judge Mark Pittman of the Northern District of Texas wrote in a 26-page opinion.

“No one can plausibly deny that it is either one of the largest delegations of legislative power to the executive branch, or one of the largest exercises of legislative power without congressional authority in the history of the United States,” Mr. Pittman, an appointee of former President Donald Trump wrote.
The Justice Department is appealing the verdict, a spokeswoman said.
yep ... Biden new the student loan crap wouldnt hold up ... it was a ploy to get more votes from the young and uniformed ... i doubt Biden will be attempting to the obvious scam now that the midterms are over .

yep ... Biden new the student loan crap wouldnt hold up ... it was a ploy to get more votes from the young and uniformed ... i doubt Biden will be attempting to the obvious scam now that the midterms are over .

Do you think Trump actually thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall?

Do you think Trump ever actually had this great health care plan ready to go that everyone was going to love?

Yep, and the exit polls show that a higher contingent of "Generation Z" showed up than per usual for a mid term election.

No doubt abortion almost certainly played a role, but the student loan BS was also a critical factor, with about 10 percent of that cohort citing it as their top reason to vote.

Absolutely pathetic.

Do you think Trump actually thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall?

Do you think Trump ever actually had this great health care plan ready to go that everyone was going to love?
i rhink he actually believed he might be able to pull it off ... Biden and the dem leaders however knew from the git go the student loan lie had no way of standing .. he lied to young voters to get their votes .. he lied BIGGLY .

i rhink he actually believed he might be able to pull it off ... Biden and the dem leaders however knew from the git go the student loan lie had no way of standing .. he lied to young voters to get their votes .. he lied BIGGLY .

We have excused loans in the past. GM for example.

And "pull it off"? He never had any health care plan. It was one big lie.

14 million applications have already been approved.
If Joey pushes it, it will end up in front of SCOTUS where he will lose.

so you engage in the same? my my
I farmed for 40 years and only remember 1 year I sold grain to the gov on a subsidy program.

What I said was about you? What I said didn't happen? Trump didn't give farms billions of dollars of taxpayers money?

Forum List

Back