Should Kevin McCarthy Be Elected Speaker of the House?

Should Kevin McCarthy Be Elected Speaker?

• Total voters

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Some were predicting that the GOP would win a 50 seat majority. Now it looks like it's going to be around 5.

Republicans, do you think Kevin McCarthy should become Speaker or should it be someone else?

It really won’t matter
Republicans do not play nice with whoever is named speaker
They refuse to cooperate as a caucus and compromise is off the table.

They drove John Boehner and Paul Ryan out of the office.
They will be even worse with McCarthy

Last edited:
I think Donald Trump should be elected Speaker just for the lulz.

"The first order of business is to get rid of the House Ethics Committee."

"What do you mean I can't limit all bills to be no more than 280 characters?"

"What do you mean I can't abolish the Senate filibuster for bills I want passed?"

"What do you mean the Speaker of the House isn't allowed to issue Executive Orders?"

"The failing Senate is a bunch of losers. The House has higher ratings."

"What do you mean I can't be the only one who decides what laws get changed?"

"What do you mean I can't fire any Congressman I don't like?"

"What the hell does reconciliation mean? I don't do reconciliation for nobody!"

"Can I appoint Alex Jones as my Parliamentarian?"

"Nobody passed more bills than me. A lot of people are saying I'm the greatest Speaker who ever lived. Even better than Abraham Lincoln."

Last edited:
Some were predicting that the GOP would win a 50 seat majority. Now it looks like it's going to be around 5.

Republicans, do you think Kevin McCarthy should become Speaker or should it be someone else?
Whoever the Speaker turns out to be, his job is going to suck. With such a slim majority, every piece of legislation will be held hostage by every greedy pandering pork-pushing Republican fucktard unless they get whatever big spending for their districts they want. The Speaker is going to have to swallow miles of cock to get anything passed.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is going to hold a knife to his throat for the next two years.

Whoever the Speaker turns out to be, his job is going to suck. With such a slim majority, every piece of legislation will be held hostage by every greedy pandering pork-pushing Republican fucktard unless they get whatever big spending for their districts they want. The Speaker is going to have to swallow miles of cock to get anything passed.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is going to hold a knife to his throat for the next two years.

Pelosi had a slim, five vote majority
But she still managed to build a coalition and get important bills passed.

Republicans never compromise and Greene will throw tantrums on every piece of legislation.

They will just spend the next two years on retaliatory investigations

Sounds great to me!

Why would anyone vote in one of your polls concerning the party you hate?

McCarthy is the equivalent to a choice for Trump.

And we still don't know if Trump can hold it together.

If Trump is rejected then the people won't accept McCarthy as the carbon copy.

If Trump can continue then McCarthy is a 'shoe in'.

Mc Carthy is a RINO.

Republicans never compromise and Greene will throw tantrums on every piece of legislation.

Pelosi had an eight vote majority.

But yes, she managed to build a coalition and even managed to impeach Trump twice.

Steve Scalise is a contender for Speaker.

He's even more of a Trump lickspittle than McCarthy.

Anyone but a democrat.

Shame it can't be trump be the speaker and desantis runs for president.

Mc Carthy is a RINO.
Trump and RINOS compete directly. Trump was and still is the Republican brand. For how long??

If Trump falls then RINOS are the other choice.
You're completely ignorant on politics but you've contributed something useful for a change.

Couldn't happen to a better guy, if they win. The last two Republicans that ran the house, quit in disgust as their own party abused the crap out of them, didn't they?

Steve Scalise is a contender for Speaker.

He's even more of a Trump lickspittle than McCarthy.
Yes, there are other choices for Trump, but you know they're the same choice.

If DeSantis gets the opportunity granted him by Trump's demise, none of the Trump choices will be applicable. Simply because DeSantis can't outtrump Trump. The country will have moved on.

Welcome to the discussion! Do you have any opinions? Now is the perfect time, as the Trump era could be coming to an end. At least we see some evidence on this board that should be taken with a grain of salt.

McCarthy said "make me speaker in trade for not impeaching Biden"

Does that make any sense? To me it does. QGOP MTG want's the job and to impeach Biden.

Pelosi should switch party’s and continue as Speaker, since it really doesn’t matter.

Why the fuck should we? Compromise=surrendering our principles and acquiescing to the enemy.

Forum List

Back