Federal court declares Biden's "student loan forgiveness" scheme illegal

If Republicans want to have a hope in winning more elections then they should give up on this issue.

They sound like spoiled "Karens" on this because they paid their student loans and others are not having to.

Look....
I'm not exactly in favor of the Government giving out handouts to overpriced education facilities for frivolous educational studies....but these debts forgiven are actually going to help the average person. Something our politicians have a difficult time doing while shoveling money into their own pockets.

A woman with an EBT card tries to buy some groceries but for whatever reason the EBT card is declined. So the woman behind her offers to pay for the groceries and does. The woman in line behind the good Samaritan gets irate and demands that the good Samaritan pay for her groceries as well....she is obviously an entitled Karen and gets more irate when the good Samaritan refuses.

If the Republicans want to appear and behave like entitled Karen's then so be it....but don't expect to win friends and influence people.

You must've flunked basic civics Commie ingrate!!

Duped? I have long noted there is Constitutional issues here that need addressed by the courts and I don't know how they will play out but duped?

Let's say the courts squash the plan. People would still be deciding to pick a side wanting to help people out and a side that does not.
Rein in the universities. It should not cost that much. Hiring men and women on reputations of where the degree comes from over abilities is disgusting. We are now 19th Century early Great Britian in decline. We are constipated. We were a shining star that is burning out fast. Let's get back to conquering the continent. Build oil pipelines. Build clean burning coal plants. Use sense on building on barrier islands and floodplains. Build freshwater pipelines and ways to give people a way to quench their thirst. This is our greatness. And the evil like what is in office now is our same type of humans who have ruled the proletariat for eons. They are even arrogant. Which is sickening. Biden's wife was booed unmercifully at Phillies and Eagles games and still does the let them eat cake smiling.

Agree. Why waste SCOTUS'S time?
Afterall, even a half-assed 1st year law student knows that Sippy Cup failed to stay in his lane!!

Under normal circumstances, yes. But Dementia is trying to use the HERO's act which was created after 911 to assist military men and women in their educational finances. It was designed for emergency use only. The Democrats recently tried to expand the HERO's act to cover everything under the sun, but it never passed.

So Dementia decided to use it anyway with his emergency being covid, even though days before making this announcement he said during an interview the covid crisis is behind us.

He can't have it both ways. Seemingly that's the way this judge seen it.

Under normal circumstances, yes. But Dementia is trying to use the HERO's act which was created after 911 to assist military men and women in their educational finances. It was designed for emergency use only. The Democrats recently tried to expand the HERO's act to cover everything under the sun, but it never passed.

So Dementia decided to use it anyway with his emergency being covid, even though days before making this announcement he said during an interview the covid crisis is behind us.

He can't have it both ways. Seemingly that's the way this judge seen it.

Judge got it right!!!

Rein in the universities. It should not cost that much.

I can argue nothing costs as much as it should. Should we rein in everything? Medical costs? Transportation costs? The cost of food? Or just higher education?

Hiring men and women on reputations of where the degree comes from over abilities is disgusting. We are now 19th Century early Great Britian in decline. We are constipated. We were a shining star that is burning out fast. Let's get back to conquering the continent. Build oil pipelines. Build clean burning coal plants. Use sense on building on barrier islands and floodplains. Build freshwater pipelines and ways to give people a way to quench their thirst. This is our greatness. And the evil like what is in office now is our same type of humans who have ruled the proletariat for eons. They are even arrogant. Which is sickening. Biden's wife was booed unmercifully at Phillies and Eagles games and still does the let them eat cake smiling.

The people who do all of those things have degree's.

It's not about winning over friends, and legislation should not be. It's the fact he went around the normal appropriation process of Congress to hand out money to likely Democrat supporters. And according to the breakdown of voters, that's exactly what happened. Young people voted Democrat in the 60% range over Republicans that got a 30 some percentage of young voters.

Our country is now 31 trillion in debt and we are heading for default down the road if we keep spending like this. It's estimated that this bailout will put us another half-trillion in debt. All Americans should be concerned about the debt, and printing more money to buy votes only adds to our already out of control inflation.

And no, it does not help your average American. I'm an average American and it's only going to hurt me by printing more phony dollars.

I'm not exactly in favor of Gubberment cheese....Basically buying votes. There's much better ways of securing popularity.

And I do agree that a more balanced budget should be a constant goal because the growing government debt is actually hurting the economy...it isn't helping at all. However social welfare programs (social security, medicaid, Medicare, school lunch, and etc) are the biggest expenses our government has...miles and miles above every other expense it has. And our government spends a dollar for every dime it actually puts in people's hands. (Not really... I'm exaggerating here)

However....this isn't really what I was addressing. It's not the blatant buying of votes. (Trumps emergency handouts at the start of Covid were extremely beneficial and not really pertinent)

But what I'm addressing is the appearance of Republicans of being spoiled Karen's. Not everyone who was given loan forgiveness is a Democrat. They are younger citizens generally speaking. And they did stop the federal loans for many degrees anymore except for trades we are in short supply of. (Inner city teachers, nurses and etc)

I'm not a fan of handouts...nor the ballooning of the Federal Debt. Nor the dodging of taxes by some of our wealthiest citizens and corporations who at the same seem to have the only voices our government listens to.

My goal is survival at the moment...not punishing or worrying about what someone else gets or doesn't get. Which definitely is what Republicans seem to be all about lately.

I'm not exactly in favor of Gubberment cheese....Basically buying votes. There's much better ways of securing popularity.

And I do agree that a more balanced budget should be a constant goal because the growing government debt is actually hurting the economy...it isn't helping at all. However social welfare programs (social security, medicaid, Medicare, school lunch, and etc) are the biggest expenses our government has...miles and miles above every other expense it has. And our government spends a dollar for every dime it actually puts in people's hands. (Not really... I'm exaggerating here)

However....this isn't really what I was addressing. It's not the blatant buying of votes. (Trumps emergency handouts at the start of Covid were extremely beneficial and not really pertinent)

But what I'm addressing is the appearance of Republicans of being spoiled Karen's. Not everyone who was given loan forgiveness is a Democrat. They are younger citizens generally speaking. And they did stop the federal loans for many degrees anymore except for trades we are in short supply of. (Inner city teachers, nurses and etc)

I'm not a fan of handouts...nor the ballooning of the Federal Debt. Nor the dodging of taxes by some of our wealthiest citizens and corporations who at the same seem to have the only voices our government listens to.

My goal is survival at the moment...not punishing or worrying about what someone else gets or doesn't get. Which definitely is what Republicans seem to be all about lately.

In other words our country is headed towards insolvency and we should just shrug our shoulders and say "It doesn't affect me and we don't want to look bad."

Well if that's the way it works, why not have the government pay off our mortgages? Why not have government payoff our credit card debt? For renters, perhaps two years of free rent. We'll throw in auto loans as well.

And we are to expect the Republicans to capitulate to any Democrat suggestion so we don't look bad, or to make new friends, or whatever.

My nephew and niece recently paid off their college loans about two years ago. They are in their 30's, and my nephew will actually be 40 next year. What about them? What do we gain in the long run by teaching people to be irresponsible and government will take care of all if you only wait long enough for Democrat leadership?

If we don't draw the line somewhere, it's never going to end until this country is completely broke, and we can't even afford the interest on the money we borrowed. Then most all social programs will stop. The people responsible for it will be millionaires living high on the hog or dead. The Democrat goal has been for free college for the last couple of years. So if you think this bailout will stop here, you don't know Democrats very well.

In other words our country is headed towards insolvency and we should just shrug our shoulders and say "It doesn't affect me and we don't want to look bad."

Well if that's the way it works, why not have the government pay off our mortgages? Why not have government payoff our credit card debt? For renters, perhaps two years of free rent. We'll throw in auto loans as well.

And we are to expect the Republicans to capitulate to any Democrat suggestion so we don't look bad, or to make new friends, or whatever.

My nephew and niece recently paid off their college loans about two years ago. They are in their 30's, and my nephew will actually be 40 next year. What about them? What do we gain in the long run by teaching people to be irresponsible and government will take care of all if you only wait long enough for Democrat leadership?

If we don't draw the line somewhere, it's never going to end until this country is completely broke, and we can't even afford the interest on the money we borrowed. Then most all social programs will stop. The people responsible for it will be millionaires living high on the hog or dead. The Democrat goal has been for free college for the last couple of years. So if you think this bailout will stop here, you don't know Democrats very well.
In case you haven't noticed....

Our "representative " government is not very representative any longer.

It's a popularity contest that is won by the person who says things that the largest number of people like. The contest winners have no interest or intention of doing any of the things they say unless it personally benefits themselves.

Then the one time a contest winner actually does something positive for the common man regardlessofwho they are...the opposition gets upset about it.

If you dont subsidize farmers that tomato will cost $10. Helping farmers helps everybody, big difference.

Trump cut their legs out from under them but still if tomato's are $10, that's capitalism, right?

Pay it now or pay it with your taxes, right?

But always with the hypocrisy.

If Republicans want to have a hope in winning more elections then they should give up on this issue.

They sound like spoiled "Karens" on this because they paid their student loans and others are not having to.

Look....
I'm not exactly in favor of the Government giving out handouts to overpriced education facilities for frivolous educational studies....but these debts forgiven are actually going to help the average person. Something our politicians have a difficult time doing while shoveling money into their own pockets.

A woman with an EBT card tries to buy some groceries but for whatever reason the EBT card is declined. So the woman behind her offers to pay for the groceries and does. The woman in line behind the good Samaritan gets irate and demands that the good Samaritan pay for her groceries as well....she is obviously an entitled Karen and gets more irate when the good Samaritan refuses.

If the Republicans want to appear and behave like entitled Karen's then so be it....but don't expect to win friends and influence people.

Republicans didn't cosign student loans.

My husband and I paid ours in good faith, do we get a refund?

HA! Biden has just screwed all his little Generation Z acolytes and removed the application for "Forgiveness" from the Federal website!

Talk about Bait and Switch!

Just shows how pathetic the whole commie pyramid scheme really is.

Forum List

Back