Fears of a Chinese attack on Taiwan are growing, and Taiwan isn't sure who would help if it happened

China has too much to lose by invading Taiwan.

Firstly, the Mega Billion Corporations would face a global boycott. China wants to become a global leader. An unprovoked attack on Taiwan will not allow that.

Secondly, Taiwan is prepared for an invasion. China would suffer tremendous losses

If they were to invade Taiwan, the political fallout would cripple their economy.

Even without actual sanctions, most foreign companies would withdraw their business dealings with the country. Not to mention that a lot of those dealings go through Taiwan as the middleman.

For example, one of the biggest is Foxconn. Apple, Intel, Google, almost everybody works through Foxconn when setting up agreements and factories in China. And Foxconn is a Taiwanese company. So even if say Apple decided to continue to do business with China, how? 90% of their stuff there is made in Foxconn factories. And Foxconn are going to shut down immediately all dealings with the CCCP.

Most people seem to not realize that if the International Tech Companies all pull out, China is left with a huge workforce, and no customers. The world is not exactly beating down the door to buy Chinese electronics, cars, aircraft, or much of anything else they made. They only manufacture it on contract for others.

I think you need to do a little research on Foxconn. I don't think your information is anywhere near correct. Yes, they have factories in mainland China, but the rest of your information is grossly incorrect.
Incorrect about what, exactly?

That they are not a major electronics company, based out of Taiwan? That they have extensive manufacturing plants in China? That if China invaded, they would not promptly pull out of all of their factories?

Be specific, don't just say I am wrong, and not say how.
You mentioned Apple, Intel, and Google and having factories in China, set up by Foxconn. That is untrue. Foxconn produces the chips used in other companies' products. Foxconn has factories worldwide and not just in China.

Oh nonsense.

Foxconn-Motherboards-SOCKET-1155-H77MXV-D-Intel-H77-SATAIII-DDR3.jpg

They are one of the leading motherboard manufacturers in the world. Probably only behind Asus for reliability and stability. Others like Giga might beat them for things like top speed, but the big companies (especially HP) use them because they value stability over an extra 3% of efficiency.

Foxconn for years has been making front to back solutions, specifically the motherboards used in a great many things from phones to computers to automotive GPS solutions. You just often will not know it, because their items made for others rarely have their branding obvious on them. Having been a computer tech for years, I long ago had to learn what to look for. And the "Foxconn heatsink" was for years a giveaway if they had made the board. It may have another name on it (or none), but that sink was made by them, and was a giveaway that they made the board itself.

Case in point, a hugely popular motherboard a decade or so ago, used by both Compaq and HP. Ask most people who made it, they will say one of those two companies, because the only thing on it that says manufacturer is a sticker with one of their internal part numbers. But to an expert like me, I only need a second to know who made it.

c01701274.jpg

That is an obvious Asus board, even though it will have that name nowhere on it. It is the font used for the "M2N68-LA". That font is specific to only Asus, and nobody else uses it.

And I do not think I really mentioned Google at all. Of course, I also know that like Microsoft, Google actually "makes" very little hardware. Google is still primarily an Internet and Software company, and what little is made with their name on it is half made by and for another under license, or they contract it out. I think you are confusing things here.

Firstly, the Mega Billion Corporations would face a global boycott. China wants to become a global leader. An unprovoked attack on Taiwan will not allow that.

Secondly, Taiwan is prepared for an invasion. China would suffer tremendous losses

If they were to invade Taiwan, the political fallout would cripple their economy.

Even without actual sanctions, most foreign companies would withdraw their business dealings with the country. Not to mention that a lot of those dealings go through Taiwan as the middleman.

For example, one of the biggest is Foxconn. Apple, Intel, Google, almost everybody works through Foxconn when setting up agreements and factories in China. And Foxconn is a Taiwanese company. So even if say Apple decided to continue to do business with China, how? 90% of their stuff there is made in Foxconn factories. And Foxconn are going to shut down immediately all dealings with the CCCP.

Most people seem to not realize that if the International Tech Companies all pull out, China is left with a huge workforce, and no customers. The world is not exactly beating down the door to buy Chinese electronics, cars, aircraft, or much of anything else they made. They only manufacture it on contract for others.

I think you need to do a little research on Foxconn. I don't think your information is anywhere near correct. Yes, they have factories in mainland China, but the rest of your information is grossly incorrect.
Incorrect about what, exactly?

That they are not a major electronics company, based out of Taiwan? That they have extensive manufacturing plants in China? That if China invaded, they would not promptly pull out of all of their factories?

Be specific, don't just say I am wrong, and not say how.
You mentioned Apple, Intel, and Google and having factories in China, set up by Foxconn. That is untrue. Foxconn produces the chips used in other companies' products. Foxconn has factories worldwide and not just in China.

Oh nonsense.

Foxconn-Motherboards-SOCKET-1155-H77MXV-D-Intel-H77-SATAIII-DDR3.jpg

They are one of the leading motherboard manufacturers in the world. Probably only behind Asus for reliability and stability. Others like Giga might beat them for things like top speed, but the big companies (especially HP) use them because they value stability over an extra 3% of efficiency.

Foxconn for years has been making front to back solutions, specifically the motherboards used in a great many things from phones to computers to automotive GPS solutions. You just often will not know it, because their items made for others rarely have their branding obvious on them. Having been a computer tech for years, I long ago had to learn what to look for. And the "Foxconn heatsink" was for years a giveaway if they had made the board. It may have another name on it (or none), but that sink was made by them, and was a giveaway that they made the board itself.

Case in point, a hugely popular motherboard a decade or so ago, used by both Compaq and HP. Ask most people who made it, they will say one of those two companies, because the only thing on it that says manufacturer is a sticker with one of their internal part numbers. But to an expert like me, I only need a second to know who made it.

c01701274.jpg

That is an obvious Asus board, even though it will have that name nowhere on it. It is the font used for the "M2N68-LA". That font is specific to only Asus, and nobody else uses it.

And I do not think I really mentioned Google at all. Of course, I also know that like Microsoft, Google actually "makes" very little hardware. Google is still primarily an Internet and Software company, and what little is made with their name on it is half made by and for another under license, or they contract it out. I think you are confusing things here.

Do you know what is on a motherboard?

I quoted your post.

You said:
"For example, one of the biggest is Foxconn. Apple, Intel, Google, almost everybody works through Foxconn when setting up agreements and factories in China."

By your vague, misleading statement, GM would work thorough Foxconn when setting up automobile factories in China. Nothing could be further from the truth..

I am sorry that you are so easily confused. Perhaps you should lay off the magic mushrooms!

Taiwan would kick their ass

They have done nothing but prepare for a Chinese attack for 70 years. They have a modern air force, submarines, anti ship missiles, mines, SAMs.......all set to sink a Chinese invasion force
You sure are a dreamer...
Do you have superman pajamas too?

That's what they said about Japan in world war II. Remember what happened?
China won't have to invade Taiwan all they have to do is choke off their trade and there's nobody on Earth that can stop them from doing that.
United States is still the most powerful military on the Earth but it's not powerful enough to face China Russia and several other substates all combined in one effort. They would have no choice but to revert to nuclear strikes which would be returned. You are not thinking clearly at all.

Jo

Russia is not going to put its ass on the line for China, and vice versa. They hate each other.
Don't fool yourself....Putin and Xi are both businessmen. They don't deal in petty feelings. Russia has already said they want no part of the Taiwan thing but you're missing the point. The moment China moves on Taiwan Russia will move on Ukraine and vice versa. Nothing can save Taiwan except cooperation with China. I think China should be nuked off the face of the Earth because of it but doing so would destroy the entire planet.... Making it a very stupid thing to do. China will own Taiwan in less than a decade. It can no longer be avoided.

Don't fool yourself. Of course they do.
I doubt it.... To date I've seen nothing but mechanical precision from the CCP.

Putin is definitely full of Old world passion but he's just calculating as a cobra when the rubber meets the road as he demonstrated with Crimea. He will do what he is able to do when he is able to do it and that will be when China moves against Taiwan.

China will simply choke off their trade. Taiwan will have no choice but to capitulate. When this takes place two thirds of our naval forces will be tied up in the South China Sea at which point I believe Russia will either have it's demands met or it will simply walk over the border into Ukraine. There's no projection needed here.

Geographically they're on top of each other.

Last edited:
China won't have to invade Taiwan all they have to do is choke off their trade and there's nobody on Earth that can stop them from doing that.

Sure there is, how are they going to do that?

An Embargo? It is not like Taiwan can not get the goods elsewhere. There are plenty of countries that would willingly jump in and sell to Taiwan if China would not. And none of the goods that Taiwan imports from China is of a "critical need". Not food, or fuel, or raw materials. So nothing they buy from China could be done without. Or seriously harm them as a nation in the long term. It is not like the US-Japan, where the US was their main supplier of both iron and oil.

A blockade? Well, that is an act of war, and the UN, US, UK, EU, NATO, and most other countries would be all over China if they even attempted that.

Sure there is, how are they going to do that?

An Embargo? It is not like Taiwan can not get the goods elsewhere. There are plenty of countries that would willingly jump in and sell to Taiwan if China would not. And none of the goods that Taiwan imports from China is of a "critical need". Not food, or fuel, or raw materials. So nothing they buy from China could be done without. Or seriously harm them as a nation in the long term. It is not like the US-Japan, where the US was their main supplier of both iron and oil.

A blockade? Well, that is an act of war, and the UN, US, UK, EU, NATO, and most other countries would be all over China if they even attempted that.
A war between two (or more) nuclear powers is a nuclear war. Do you believe that the USA under current circumstances can start a nuclear war?

A war between two (or more) nuclear powers is a nuclear war.

Oh nonsense. You need to get the cotton out from between your ears if you think that.

And there is a huge difference between "can" and "would". Can the US start a nuclear war? Sure it can. But it would not do so because the very idea is stupid.

Oh nonsense. You need to get the cotton out from between your ears if you think that.

And there is a huge difference between "can" and "would". Can the US start a nuclear war? Sure it can. But it would not do so because the very idea is stupid.
Ok. So, what would you do, if PLA use a tactical nuclear weapon against Taiwan separatists (not only to prevail on the battlefield, but also to demonstrate their determination to use it against American forces too, if necessary) ?

1) Use nuclear weapon against few continental Chinese military bases (and accept the risk of a Chinese attack against American cities) ;
2) Retreat, and allow China to conquer Taiwan?

Ok. So, what would you do, if PLA use a tactical nuclear weapon against Taiwan separatists (not only to prevail on the battlefield, but also to demonstrate their determination to use it against American forces too, if necessary) ?

1) Use nuclear weapon against few continental Chinese military bases (and accept the risk of a Chinese attack against American cities) ;
Yeah that's what I'm trying to tell these guys..The logistics part of this thing is already a done deal. You can't use too many nukes on Taiwan it's not a very big place. One really big one would render the entire Island uninhabitable for the next 500 years. China wouldn't have to blockade the island to cut off the trade either.... there are a dozen different ways they can interfere with Taiwan's trade..... Up to and including pulling all the loans that Taiwan has from Chinese Banks. I'm surprised at the attitude on some of these posters who are abandoning pragmatism in behalf of indignant Patriotism. There's nothing wrong with the Patriotism of course but at this point it's just very poorly informed.

Last edited:
Russia is not going to put its ass on the line for China, and vice versa. They hate each other.

lol they hated each other during the Korean and Viet Nam wars too, dumbass. Didn't stop them from from cooperating against the U.S, and SEATO allies. It's clear you're the one who doesn't know squat. The Soviets were even selling the Japanese oil in WW II while pretending to be out 'allies' in the west. Wasn't a lot but the point is they don't give a shit about anything when it comes to making deals that suit them.

Last edited:

“Taiwan separatists “?
?????

lol they hated each other during the Korean and Viet Nam wars too, dumbass. Didn't stop them from from cooperating against the U.S, and SEATO allies. It's clear you're the one who doesn't know squat. The Soviets were even selling the Japanese oil in WW II while pretending to be out 'allies' in the west. Wasn't a lot but the point is they don't give a shit about anything when it comes to making deals that suit them.
Your ignorance is deep and abiding.

Forum List

Back