FBI to enforce teacher's union control of schools (Poll)

Do you support or oppose the DOJ effort to intimidate parents at school board meetings?

• I support the DOJ efforts to intimidate parents

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I oppose the DOJ efforts to intimidate parents

Votes: 48 94.1%

• Total voters
Not at all. I'm saying you support the MAGA MOBS

The only thing mildly hysterical in the letter sent to the AG is "As these acts of malice, violence, and threats against public school officials have increased, the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes." Nor was there anything hysterical about his response.

As usual, the rightwing poutrage attempts to obfuscate the issue.

From the letter they sent to the AG.

As the threats grow and news of extremist hate organizations showing up at school board meetings is being reported, this is a critical time for a proactive approach to deal with this difficult issue. These threats or actual acts of violence against our school districts are impacting the delivery of educational services to students and families, as many districts receive federal funds and subsidies for services to millions of students with disabilities, health screenings and supplemental supports for disadvantaged students, child nutrition, broadband connectivity, educator development, school safety activities, career and technical education, and more.

School board meetings have been disrupted in California4 , Florida5 , Georgia6 , and other states7 because of local directives for mask coverings to protect students and educators from COVID-19. An individual was arrested in Illinois for aggravated battery and disorderly conduct during a school board meeting.8 During two separate school board meetings in Michigan9 , an individual yelled a Nazi salute in protest to masking requirements, and another individual prompted the board to call a recess because of opposition to critical race theory.

In New Jersey10, Ohio11, and other states12, anti-mask proponents are inciting chaos during board meetings. In Virginia13, an individual was arrested, another man was ticketed for trespassing, and a third person was hurt during a school board meeting discussion distinguishing current curricula from critical race theory and regarding equity issues. In other states including Washington14, Texas15 , Wisconsin16, Wyoming17, and Tennessee18, school boards have been confronted by angry mobs and forced to end meetings abruptly. A resident in Alabama, who proclaimed himself as “vaccine police,” has called school administrators while filming himself on Facebook Live.19

In Ohio, an individual mailed a letter to a school board member labeling the return address on the envelope from a local neighborhood association and then enclosing threatening hate mail from another entity.21 This correspondence states that, “We are coming after you and all the members on the … BoE [Board of Education].” This hate mail continues by stating, “You are forcing them to wear mask—for no reason in this world other than control. And for that you will pay dearly.”
I stopped reading after your lie about MAGA Mobs.
They simply do not exist.

But you need to watch this video. I dare you to watch it:

I stopped reading after your lie about MAGA Mobs.
They simply do not exist.

But you need to watch this video. I dare you to watch it:

Why did I need to listen to that. It's that same emotion based propaganda that lies about what the AG's memo says. Declaration of war? That was some funny shit.

"While spirited debate about policy matters is protected under our Constitution, that protection does not extend to threats of violence or efforts to intimidate individuals based on their views."

"The Department is steadfast in its commitment to protect all people in the United States from violence, threats of violence, and other forms of intimidation arid harassment."

For you the choice is either sit there and take it, or use intimidation, and threats of violence? No middle ground for action citizens can take against their school boards?
What would the "middle ground" be?

Why did I need to listen to that. It's that same emotion based propaganda that lies about what the AG's memo says. Declaration of war? That was some funny shit.

"While spirited debate about policy matters is protected under our Constitution, that protection does not extend to threats of violence or efforts to intimidate individuals based on their views."

"The Department is steadfast in its commitment to protect all people in the United States from violence, threats of violence, and other forms of intimidation arid harassment."
When did any parent do that?

When you lie.....I stop reading.
Stop lying.
The clips I saw were a microcosm of the MAGA MOB that laid siege to the Capitol Building. Mostly a bunch of yahoos with cell phone cameras recording some assholes screaming threats.....

Numerous teachers have the LGBQ flag flying in their classrooms.

Okay then.

shrek-torch-and-pitchfork.png

The clips I saw were a microcosm of the MAGA MOB that laid siege to the Capitol Building. Mostly a bunch of yahoos with cell phone cameras recording some assholes screaming threats.....
You keep talking about one fucking event.
Have you seen any of them lately?
No.....mainly because most of them live all over the country and they aren't a mob.
Nobody is organizing mobs of MAGA hat wearing Grandmothers.
I can show you videos of events that are going on in Chicago, Portland, and Seattle this month alone.....but you're worried about a bunch of folks that supposedly staged an insurrection 9 months ago that wasn't an insurrection....because nobody came armed with any weapon of any kind. It difficult for me to think that you aren't just being willfully ignorant about this.

Nobody is organizing mobs of MAGA hat wearing Grandmothers.

Nobody?

Donald Trump’s scorched-earth rally in Georgia last month might have done more than deepen the factional divide in the state GOP. It might have also strengthened the criminal case that Fulton County prosecutors could build against the former president.

The Brookings Institution think tank on Monday updated its analysis of Trump’s post-election conduct to include his remarks at the Sept. 25 rally in Perry, when he repeatedly blasted Gov. Brian Kemp for refusing to reverse his defeat.

The report, authored by seven legal analysts, highlights that Trump twice said he asked the Republican governor to call a “special election” to decertify his narrow defeat to President Joe Biden in Georgia.

I'm almost speechless. lol.
Basically, a verbal threat becomes a crime when:
  • The speaker threatens to harm or kill the listener or the listener’s family;
  • The speaker’s threat is specific and unambiguous;
  • The listener has reasonable belief and fear that the speaker will carry their threat out; and
  • The speaker communicates the threat either verbally, in writing, or through electronic correspondence (e.g., email, text message, etc.).
When these elements are met and the circumstances suggest that a verbal threat is serious, a person can press charges for verbal threats
From your link:
"As briefly mentioned above, the definitions and requirements to prove assault will depend on the laws of a specific state. However, the general rule of thumb is that verbal threats are not usually considered an act of assault."

My point is that the FBI is intimidating parents and calling them "domestic terrorists" for yelling at school board meetings, while antifa, who are domestic terrorists, are not hunted down by the FBI.

I'm almost speechless. lol.

Basically, a verbal threat becomes a crime when:
  • The speaker threatens to harm or kill the listener or the listener’s family;
  • The speaker’s threat is specific and unambiguous;
  • The listener has reasonable belief and fear that the speaker will carry their threat out; and
  • The speaker communicates the threat either verbally, in writing, or through electronic correspondence (e.g., email, text message, etc.).
When these elements are met and the circumstances suggest that a verbal threat is serious, a person can press charges for verbal threats

Local law enforcement issue. FBI has no role.

Nobody?

Donald Trump’s scorched-earth rally in Georgia last month might have done more than deepen the factional divide in the state GOP. It might have also strengthened the criminal case that Fulton County prosecutors could build against the former president.

The Brookings Institution think tank on Monday updated its analysis of Trump’s post-election conduct to include his remarks at the Sept. 25 rally in Perry, when he repeatedly blasted Gov. Brian Kemp for refusing to reverse his defeat.

The report, authored by seven legal analysts, highlights that Trump twice said he asked the Republican governor to call a “special election” to decertify his narrow defeat to President Joe Biden in Georgia.

How dare a former president speak his mind.
Bush, Obama, Bill Clinton, and especially that loser Hillary should all STFU and never utter a word till they die.

My point is that the FBI is intimidating parents and calling them "domestic terrorists" for yelling
Demonstrably false. The specter of domestic terrorist was raised by the letter to the DOJ by the School Board Association. "As these acts of malice, violence, and threats against public school officials have increased, the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes."

The AG's letter did not say anything about terrorism. I don't think the FBI has made a statement.

Yep....to prove their point.....all a Dummycrap needs to do is mention Jan 6th.....and everyone in the room nods their heads in unison.

Who cares that we had not just one isolated event that the talking-heads repeat like parrots continually.....but at least 6 solid months of violence, arson, and murder leading up to Jan 6th.....that the left either ignored or supported whole heartedly.

Demonstrably false. The specter of domestic terrorist was raised by the letter to the DOJ by the School Board Association. "As these acts of malice, violence, and threats against public school officials have increased, the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes."

The AG's letter did not say anything about terrorism. I don't think the FBI has made a statement.

All we're talking about is yelling....nothing more.
But the DOJ treats it like it is actual violence.

Forum List

Back