FBI just seized the cell phone of House Freedom Caucus chair, Scott Perry, pursuant to a search warrant this afternoon....FBI just getting warmed up.

I hate that we have a two-tier legal system...

1660151743617.png

If the warrant is under seal, you ignorant idiot, then you’re wrong. President Trump cannot release it. That would require a court order.

OK, I guess. If poster Again is a lawyer....I guess we should give him a modicum of deference.

However, if not......well....

Well.....a nano-Google search shows us this:

"In order for the Justice Department to get a search warrant for Mar-a-Lago, law enforcement officials needed to explain to a court where they wanted to search and what they wanted to search for. As we discussed yesterday, they also had to demonstrate probable cause to the court, explaining why they believed they’d find evidence of a specific federal crime.

In this case, they succeeded. The Justice Department obtained a search warrant and the FBI executed it. As a result, three entities have the document: The court, federal law enforcement, and Donald Trump and his team.

Judicial rules prevent the court from disclosing a search warrant that is under seal. With this in mind, Republicans have spent the last couple of days demanding that the Justice Department satisfy their curiosity and release the relevant records, but that’s not an option, either.

Indeed, federal law enforcement is bound by secrecy rules that exist not only to protect the integrity of ongoing investigations, but also to protect those facing scrutiny. In the recent past, Republicans insisted that high-ranking Justice Department and FBI officials agree that releasing information about uncharged individuals is wrong.

And that leaves the former president and his lawyers, who could voluntarily release the search warrant at their leisure — if they wanted to.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So there is that, it seems.

And it goes on. Offering us a curious question on 'why' Team Trump is refusing to release their copy of the warrant......if......if ..it demonstrates errors or misjudgments by the LEO's as Trump and his enablers shrill about.

What's up with that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Republican and his lawyers are under no obligation to make such a disclosure, and the vast majority of those who receive such a search warrant have no interest in sharing them with the public.

But we’re left with an awkward dynamic:

1. Team Trump says the FBI’s search was illegitimate and politically motivated.
  2. Team Trump knows the search warrant could help prove (or disprove) their claims.
  3. Team Trump doesn’t want to disclose the search warrant.
Remember, Republicans have spent the last couple of days working from a certain assumption: Federal law enforcement, they’ve claimed, “raided” the home of a former president as part of an outrageous abuse of power. Team Trump could theoretically bolster those assumptions by releasing the search warrant that was executed, shedding light on the investigation and its direction.

If the basis for the warrant were flimsy, disclosing it would prove Republicans right. If the rationale for the search lacked merit, releasing the warrant would help on this front, too.

It was against this backdrop that observers from the left and the right encouraged Team Trump to simply make the voluntary disclosure, bringing key facts into the light.

All of which led to, “No, we’re not releasing a copy of the warrant.”

It’s the sort of thing that should, at least in theory, give Republicans scrambling to defend the former president pause."

------------------------------------------

So, curiously, there is that.

OK, I guess. If poster Again is a lawyer....I guess we should give him a modicum of deference.

"In order for the Justice Department to get a search warrant for Mar-a-Lago, law enforcement officials needed to explain to a court where they wanted to search and what they wanted to search for. As we discussed yesterday, they also had to demonstrate probable cause to the court, explaining why they believed they’d find evidence of a specific federal crime.

In this case, they succeeded. The Justice Department obtained a search warrant and the FBI executed it. As a result, three entities have the document: The court, federal law enforcement, and Donald Trump and his team.

Judicial rules prevent the court from disclosing a search warrant that is under seal. With this in mind, Republicans have spent the last couple of days demanding that the Justice Department satisfy their curiosity and release the relevant records, but that’s not an option, either.

Indeed, federal law enforcement is bound by secrecy rules that exist not only to protect the integrity of ongoing investigations, but also to protect those facing scrutiny. In the recent past, Republicans insisted that high-ranking Justice Department and FBI officials agree that releasing information about uncharged individuals is wrong.

And that leaves the former president and his lawyers, who could voluntarily release the search warrant at their leisure — if they wanted to.

Nonsense. A defendant isn’t free to ignore a sealing order.

Maybe before you pontificate, again, consider using something more authoritative than Google. And for Pete’s sake, use larger font when you post, because that makes you come across as more intelligent. 😂

"A defendant isn’t free to ignore a sealing order."

Well, I ain't a lawyer.
And I sorta kinda suspect the good poster Again ain't either.

So, as two non-lawyers talking lawyer stuff......one should be cautious. Both the talkers. And the readers.

Anyway, I kinda think poster Again is confusing the court sealing all evidentiary filings underpinning the issuance of the warrant. It seals that material from any enforcement agency from revealing it ....even to the defense.

The warrant itself can be shared by the recipient (but cannot be shared by enforcement).

So, it appears, Team Trump is withholding releasing the warrant they have in their hands.

For some as yet unexplained reason.

Curious. It seems to my avatar.

Well, I ain't a lawyer.
No shit.
And I sorta kinda suspect the good poster Again ain't either.
You’re doing that poseur affect again. It reveals a lot about you. None of it good.
And it doesn’t matter one bit what you suspect. 👍
So, as two non-lawyers talking lawyer stuff......one should be cautious. Both the talkers. And the readers.

Again, you are conflating your ignorant and erroneous opinion and suspicion with a fact. In any event, it doesn’t matter what you caution. Nobody is rendering legal advice here. I’m just calling you out for using Google as a reliable source. You’re truly not too bright.
Anyway, I kinda think poster Again
My username isn’t “Again,” you dolt.
is confusing the court sealing all evidentiary filings underpinning the issuance of the warrant. It seals that material from any enforcement agency from revealing it ....even to the defense.
And you’re wrong. Sealing means just that. Sealing. The court says when it can be revealed. Not you.
The warrant itself can be shared by the recipient (but cannot be shared by enforcement).
So you keep claiming. Notice the lack of support for your claim? Most of us notice that. 😎 And, again, it isn’t the warrant itself that provides the important information. You’re really very studiously dumb.
So, it appears, Team Trump is withholding releasing the warrant they have in their hands.
So, no such thing “appears.” You are merely repeating your own erroneous conclusion from your false premises.
For some as yet unexplained reason.

It was explained. You’re just too stupid to listen or think.
Curious. It seems to my avatar.
Nothing “seems” to anyone’s avatar. You don’t even grasp what that term means.

Chilliconcrap is on a roll of retardation today. But why should today be any different?

Again, you are conflating your ignorant and erroneous opinion and suspicion with a fact.
Is the poster Again suggesting my assumed 'fact' is in error....that he really is a lawyer?
That I am really a lawyer?

The court says when it can be revealed. Not you.

Nor, it should be noted, has my avatar ever suggested he has the power to unseal anybody's warrant for any reason.
I regret if that was unclear to the good poster Again.

Is the poster Again suggesting my assumed 'fact' is in error....that he really is a lawyer?
This person (ie, me) who uses the “username” BackAgain is not “suggesting” anything. I am calling you out for making an assumption and falsely trying to label it as a “fact.”
That I am really a lawyer?
You’ve already acknowledged that you’re not. I can see no reason to doubt that.
Nor, it should be noted, has my avatar ever suggested he has the power to unseal anybody's warrant for any reason.

Your “avatar” can’t suggest anything. You can. And you’re often stupid and wrong.
I regret if that was unclear to the good poster Again.
I was quite clear about what you were wrong about, Chilliconcrap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, I demur.

My avatar will....I have been persuaded.... not infrequently post useful and vetted information. Frequently with named sources.

Now, yes it is true that there is the occasional posted response from my avatar that is subtly sharp elbowed. But the intentions are unfailingly good.

Always they are intended to make the original poster be a better poster. A better American citizen. And sure, sometimes the criticism is pointed......but given the obtuseness we too often see here an attention-getting metaphorical knuckle-rapping is the best way to nudge the oxcart along.

But too, and not to be dismissed, and likely more efficacious --- is my avatar's desire and attempts to correct misinformation.

We recognize the evidence of success there can be nuanced (see the reference above about 'obtuseness') ..... but we still are undeterred.

Many of these RightieTighty TDS'rs
(Trump's Duped & Snookered) ...... CAN be rehabilitated. Be made into patriots and people who truly love our nation and not a cult.

We believe!
Again, in spite of your verbosity, you have failed to make ANY relevant point regarding this OP. If you have nothing pertinent to add, please do us all a favor and crawl back into your hole.

These people are free to release the details of the search warrants served against them.
Nothing is stopping them from doing so if they feel it's a "fishing expedition".

But we both know that won't happen. Because it's NOT a fishing expedition.

This is getting good! :)
The onus isn't on the victim...

boondogle. make Scott Perry Trump's VP! i'm gonna suggest it to Don Jr on twitter!

Heil Shitler! May The DemNazi Deep State continue to seize power and weaponize the government against it's political rivals.
Long live the 4th Reich!
Long live Das Fuehrer EmperorShitzHizPantz!
Heil Shitler! Heil Shitler! Heil Shitler!
UnawareDisgustingHornbill.webp

Last edited:
FBI:

"There must be proof of insurrection somewhere. Our political masters on the Kangaroo Court January 6th commission said we'd find it if we just told a few lies and got us a few warrants.

Funny they told us the same thing about Russian Collusion too."

Nope.
That's not how it works in law enforcement.
They investigate REAL criminal activity.
Not your whiny, snowflake, tit-for-tat, "yeah....but what about THEM," conspiracy theory BULLSHIT!
That's just deflection.
Children use it all the time.
Donald Trump uses it too.
And so do his MAGAT Trumptards.
ALWAYS with the "victimhood" and the pathetic bleating about "unfair harrassment/prosecution"
WHAH-WHAH-WHAH!
Here's a little tip for the real world ok?

"Fair" is just a place you take your pigs to win ribbons.
What is the "Real criminal activity" you speak of in Trump's case?

You people are unhinged....But keep it up, I'd love to see people like you face down the real shit...poser.

Forgive me for going wholesale on my responses. I just scroll through these long threads and do pull-quotes of the lowest hanging fruit.....and then lump 'em all together in a big Country Buffet-type post.
It seems...to me anyway.....to be much easier than going full retail on each comment.

So let's dig in:

Yeah, I saw that Kerik comment on 'assassination'. It was irresponsible and corrosive. We had a poster on this thread do the same thing.....bring up assassinating Trump. That too was irresponsible. But it is what it is. It's up to the Mods to hipcheck that dangerous talk into the RubberRoom or some other Zoo-scape.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am skeptical of your bona fides to make an informed judgement, Mike. Hell, 'skeptical'?......Rather, I simply don't believe you have any. Can you prove my avatar wrong? We suspect you know near zero about the FBI's activities, their employees, their expertise.
Show us you know what you are talking about.
Be an adult man here who can back up his word or even just explain himself in an articulate and credible fashion.
Good luck. Help the forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A lot of these government agencies"???
Like who? Like cut down how? To what effect?
No offense intended Missouri Mike but my avatar suspects you are an ill-informed grievance filled ne-er-do-well who thinks unsupported assertions on a social media site lends you some sort of credibility.
You are likely pretty wrong on that count.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned above...."uninformed" "misinformed".
Do this MMike....google up how many people were arrested and jailed for their criminal activity during the Social Justice/Police Brutality demonstrations and isolated riots during 2020. Google will tell you. Trust me. Be better informed. It will lend your poor avatar some gravitas on this social media site and others you contribute to.

ps...also google up those who are still in jail from J6 and why they are still in jail. The answers are there. Do your homework. Show some due diligence. You are probably a smart bloke.....but your avatar is making you look poorly educated and unprepared to present yourself intelligently.
Make him be better for you.
----------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, avataree Billy Bob ...my avatar doesn't believe you were ever a cop....or, if your avatar was a cop....well, not a very good one.
Your avatar certainly does not exhibit a well-trained and experienced mind of a seasoned police officer. Your avatar....not you, but your avatar.....comes across as a bit of jackass RightWing nutjob. No disrespect intended.

But that's just me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poster TT makes my point about the fake cop avatar.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have no idea what you are alluding to, Trout.
Please explain yourself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Avataree Skye, in the years you have been posting on this social media site have you ever offered the forum members an insight that you didn't lift off of a bumper sticker? Offered actual thinking of an adult woman level of insight?

Shrilling out epithets like 'Gestapo' "Leftist Scum" may elevate you as a media personality on 4Chan, Reddit, or the QAnon chatroom.....but here? Well, gurlfriend, it makes you look ditzy and unserious. No offense intended.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memo to the poster 'Concerned American': You could have simply posted you do not have the answer to the question posed.
The above is not a good look for your avatar. It makes you....and your avatar.....look weak, angry, ineffective.
Better luck in future endeavors, though. And maybe contract with a more qualified avatar to represent you.

Do this Again: Contact the Trump office. THEY have a copy of the warrant. THEY can release it.
We know the DOJ and the FBI don't do that...as it has the potential to compromise a case or an innocent individual. They let indictments do the talking.
But DonT and his lawyers are not under such restrictions. And they may welcome your call as an opportunity to demonstrate to the world how wrongful the warrant was.
Let the forum know of your progress.
Thanks in advance.
-------------------------------------------------------
Well don’t you think you’re special. Your avatar is a blue square with a C in it. Which at this point I think probably stands for cocksucker. And that’s as far as I read.

This has to do with January 6th and they are looking for evidence of a possible coup and elections violation and possibly the threat to kill Pence.
ROTFLMBO.... Like Trump would leave evidence of pee tapes, and Russia collusion, and Ukraine phone calls just laying around Mar-a-lago like trophies hanging on a wall...... ROTFLMBO... Oh and don't forget the video evidence of Trump saying in effect "hey Russia, if you find the evidence on Hillary please send it to us" way back during that rally. ROTFLMBO..

The leftist have got him now..... ROTFLMBO.

Wonder what will get him "the pee tapes" maybe or the Russia hoax or the Ukraine phone call or his alledged order to assassinate Pence ???? WHAT already ?? ROTFLMBO.

You leftist are a freaking riot I tell ya. ROTFLMBO..

All that, and then if you people are wrong on this, the gamble will completely destroy your party. Good luck, oh and if they try to frame Trump, the people will know it's a frame job, so good luck with that also.. :popcorn:

stands for cocksucker. And that’s as far as I read.

Eeeeeuw!
Your homoerotic fantagasms likely make this whole site somewhat squeemish, Missouri Mike.
What's with your dwelling on such stuff on a social media site like this one?
To the best of my knowledge, USMB site is not intended to be a gay pick-up site for you.
Ain't there some site on PornHub where you can be better entertained?

Good luck, Mike.
It's gotta be tough livin' where and how you are.

Forum List

Back