FBI Instructs Reporter Steve Baker to Turn Himself in on Friday – This Comes After He Questioned the Government’s Role in Protests on January 6

He wasn’t arrested for reporting. He was arrested for rioting.

The first amendment doesn’t protect you from the consequences of breaking the law.
How can he report if he isnt there to witness the events?

He had a 1st Amendment right to be there

How can he report if he isnt there to witness the events?

So if I’m a reporter, am I allowed to break into your house to witness events?

You don’t get to go anywhere you want simply because you’re a “reporter”.

So if I’m a reporter, am I allowed to break into your house to witness events?

You don’t get to go anywhere you want simply because you’re a “reporter”.
Of course not

But the cops cant bar you from the neighborhood so that they can decide what is reported in the news

lol...hmmm, betcha don't find it in WaPo!
Hmmmm, I bet you don't find it anywhere either.
Prove me wrong with an informed credible source about the quantity of 'rocks'.
Giddyup, amigo.

-------------------------------------------
The press does not need the governments permission to cover the news
True that. However, is that the issue here?
Or, do you think he got arrested because Sedition Hunters found incriminating videos illustrating that he had illegally crossed the violently-breached Police lines purposely enacted in order to keep criminal trespasser out of the People's House when important Constitutionally-mandated deliberations are taking place?

Seems to me there may be an argument that he was breaking the law.

Think of it this way, good poster Mac-7 can this bloke barge into the Oval Office claiming that he is a journalist and is covering the news? Or.....is there a protocol for gaining access to highly restricted spaces?

I'll bet good money that you already know the answer, because.....well, because you are a smart guy.

No?

---------------------------------------------
We all can agree, I think.
Of course, he had that right --- right outside on the Capitol lawn, or outside on the street behind the purpose-built Police barricades.

Who is arguing otherwise?

Of course not

But the cops cant bar you from the neighborhood so that they can decide what is reported in the news
Cops have definitely done that before but authoritarians like you would defend them. Hell, cops under Trump literally beat up reporters in public spaces on video. You don’t care.

The “reporter” wasn’t barred from a public space, so your analogy doesn’t hold. A neighborhood is a public space. The Capitol was not.

Hmmmm, I bet you don't find it anywhere either.
Prove me wrong with an informed credible source about the quantity of 'rocks'.
of course not chi-co, that was the point, trying to put a number on the mistakes in your fake news stories would be like putting a number on how many rocks there is/are just no credible source(s)...I told ya you didn't/don't realize you were/are learning something.
Giddyup, amigo.
I think you may need to choose better "safe words" chi-co. :spank:

Last edited:
Thought you said he was popped for rioting?
I’m not really interest in your semantics games.

Like when conservatives got upset that Trump was found liable for sexual assault, not rape.

He wasn’t arrested for reporting. He was arrested for rioting.
Hah hah......he was arrested sometime after he did that story on the two USCP officers perjuring themselves on the J6 witness stand.......you know, the one you were whining about seeing the transcript? DOJ knows what he was talking about....they have the transcript................LOL

Hah hah......he was arrested sometime after he did that story on the two USCP officers perjuring themselves on the J6 witness stand.......you know, the one you were whining about seeing the transcript? DOJ knows what he was talking about....they have the transcript................LOL
The transcript proved me right. The “reporter” did some slick editing to lie to you.

Forum List

Back