FBI Instructs Reporter Steve Baker to Turn Himself in on Friday – This Comes After He Questioned the Government’s Role in Protests on January 6

"The First Amendment protects journalists from Deep State persecution"

--------------------------------------------------------
Oh, I quite agree. Gladly.
However, the 1st doesn't protect journalist from breaking laws such as trespassing, entering protected governmental spaces, or illegally crossing police barriers.

This just may be me, but.........but I sorta kinda thought most Americans would be grateful for law enforcement who actually strive to, hold for it........enforce the law.

No?

--------------------------------------------------------
Oh, I quite agree. Gladly.
However, the 1st doesn't protect journalist from breaking laws such as trespassing, entering protected governmental spaces, or illegally crossing police barriers.

This just may be me, but.........but I sorta kinda thought most Americans would be grateful for law enforcement who actually strive to, hold for it........enforce the law.

No?
You really reaching now

Those are all misdemeanors that should add up to a fine and two weekends of community service picking up trash along the highway

And they should not apply to a journalist covering the story

BREAKING UPDATE!

Update heard on Glenn Beck's show this AM;
Baker appeared wearing a suit and tie. Federal agents took him and pushed his face onto the windshield of his car then cuffed him. He was taken inside and was to be fitted with leg irons and a orange jumpsuit.

It cuts both ways in political affiliation.

As marener said, being in the capital on Jan 6 was a crime, unless you had a legal basis for being there. But if the feds really jam up some reporter type who was really just covering the "march to the capital for Trump," and who didn't do anything inside the capital besides filming or interviewing .... let me know, please. But so far .... a bunch of rioters who are trying to get a pass by crying "I was a reporter." At least the proud boys had integrity. lol
why is that fake news, dudley?

Yupper, for breaking the law. Don' break the law - avoid prosecution.
Duh!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Against law-breakers.

Life is tougher if you are caught breaking the law. (Citizenship 101)

Then why weren't they prosecuted already?

The First Amendment does not allow the government to decide who can report and who cant
He wasn’t arrested for reporting. He was arrested for rioting.

The first amendment doesn’t protect you from the consequences of breaking the law.

"how many rocks are there"
I dunno.
Will welcome credible reportage on the quantity.
Thanx, in advance.

-----------------------------------

What about over zealous prosecutors?
Names?
Cases?
Charges?
Jurisdictions?

Show the forum you can and will do homework and demostrate that due diligence has been competently pursued.
-----------------------------------------------------

Then why weren't they prosecuted already?
Patience, Grasshopper.
The perps don't always call in to give themselves up.
Many of the perps hid behind masks.
But, Sedition Hunters, and the FBI have the scent.
I'm optimistically confident that they will hunt down all who CAN be hunted down.

I'd also suggest you be a good citizen and turn in any family, friends, colleagues, or neighbors that you have knowledge were participants in J6.
So, thanx in advance, if you can find it in yourself to do that. And, of course, if you even have J6 Jackasses within your circle.

He wasn’t arrested for reporting. He was arrested for rioting.

Really?

GHmGrP0XsAA6X59

Show the forum you can and will do homework and demostrate that due diligence has been competently pursued.
Runs in my mind you were the clown who was too lazy to look up Ray Epps J6 testimony..............demanded I provide it to you.

With all due respect, go fuck yourself..................👆👆👆:biggrin::auiqs.jpg::biggrin::auiqs.jpg:

"With all due respect, go fuck yourself"
Ah, that's regrettable, in one sense.
In another sense, it's kinda fun.
A BAZINGA others may say. ;)

It seems apparent that poster 'Dude' cannot, or will not, or simply did not do due diligence on what he claims here.

OK, you be you. There's no 'chatroom-jail' you need to be locked up in.
Still, one's credibility, dependability, responsibility, could possibly be questioned.
No?

Forum List

Back