FBI Arrests Another Rioter

If we're calling that an insurrection, it's the weakest insurrection I've ever seen.

Well, yes, poster Utilitarian, that has been noted on this venue previously.
And too, it was noted that it should be no surprise that it was disorganized, messy, clumsy, albeit deadly, a losing proposition, because.......well, because that is exactly who orgnanized it, coorodinated it, and executed it. Not a bunch of MENSA candidates. Rather, a bunch of ne'er do- well losers who run their sad angry lives on a sense of grievance and perceived disrespect by society.

So, losers do loser stuff. In a losing way.

Really, no surprise.
So, why is the FBI treating them like Al Quida?

why is the FBI treating them like Al Quida?

I don't know much about how Al-Qaida is or was treated. I expect, harshly.
I suspect these un-MENSA rioters are not treated anywhere near as harshly.

Now, in their benighted American life awash in their sense of freedoms and rights, and unfairness and elites, well, they probably think they are being treated like Islamic terrorists.

I think they are wrong on that.

Rather, they should think, believe, and absorb that they are being treated like what they are.......domestic enemies of our American democracy.

And that ain't pattycake. It is serious merde'. And our law enforcement is taking it seriously, as it should. The FBI has been communicating that most domestic terrorist attacks, injuries, and deaths are coming from the conservative nationalist right. And the previous administration's hand-picked FBI director, Christopher Wray, has testified that right wing, white supremacy, nationalist are the biggest and most active domestic threat.

All of that is to say, if they perceive they are being treated as terrorist by our judicial system, well........DUH! Suck it up, buttercup, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

why is the FBI treating them like Al Quida?

I don't know much about how Al-Qaida is or was treated. I expect, harshly.
I suspect these un-MENSA rioters are not treated anywhere near as harshly.

Now, in their benighted American life awash in their sense of freedoms and rights, and unfairness and elites, well, they probably think they are being treated like Islamic terrorists.

I think they are wrong on that.

Rather, they should think, believe, and absorb that they are being treated like what they are.......domestic enemies of our American democracy.

And that ain't pattycake. It is serious merde'. And our law enforcement is taking it seriously, as it should. The FBI has been communicating that most domestic terrorist attacks, injuries, and deaths are coming from the conservative nationalist right. And the previous administration's hand-picked FBI director, Christopher Wray, has testified that right wing, white supremacy, nationalist are the biggest and most active domestic threat.

All of that is to say, if they perceive they are being treated as terrorist by our judicial system, well........DUH! Suck it up, buttercup, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
If that was how Antifa had been treated in Portland, I'd agree. They're not. They've been released of charges, and yet the riots continue.

It's pretty clear that the FBI and DOJ are just partisan institutions at this point. Granted, we've had a corrupt federal government for decades now. The only difference is that it's too blatant to ignore now.

We don't have a democracy or a republic. We have a plutocracy, and the "enemy" are the feds. Now, I personally am not going to do anything about it, because I'm just trying to make a living in order to save up and possibly move elsewhere. But if some group were to mount an actual "insurrection" in DC, I wouldn't exactly shed a tear over it. I'd even be ok with Antifa doing it, since Antifa isn't nearly as abusive as the feds are.

If that was how Antifa had been treated in Portland, I'd agree. They're not. They've been released of charges, and yet the riots continue.

I demur.
I realize that you, poster Ut, have little need or time to follow some of these events closely.
Neither do I.

But I come on these internet forums as sort of a diversion, as entertainment. My wife does the New York Times crossword puzzle.

I say all that because in your real life you may have missed that thousands have been arrested for the riots that emerged in some of the racial reckoning protests that occurred last summer. Those protests were necessary. A lesson and hopefully, a corrective to police abuse and the systemic racism that afflicts so many parts of our society.

But, with that said, all folks, most especially those folks who protested peacefully with sincerity and goodwill abhor how some....hooligans, criminals, black nationalists, white nationalists, Covid-pent-ups, ......created violence, destruction, injury and death in some of those thousands of righteous protests.

And that, importantly, is in contradistinction to what happened at the Capitol on January 6th. That clear and present threat to our elected officials, to our 'next-in-lines', to our police, and to our democracy, was of a nature and character far different that what happened in Kenosha or Grand Rapids or Portland.

Those rioters were there...duped & snookered.....by a mendacious attempt to stop the peaceful transition of governmental power as our Constitution mandates.

What they did...those 800 or so 'protesters' who entered the Capitol, and the numbers who didn't enter but stayed outside and viciously battled with the police protecting that Capitol....what they did was a far bigger threat to our democracy than a crowd of hooligans overturning a police car in Portland, burning down a Nike store, or spray painting City Hall walls in some American city.

So, your perception that nobody paid a price for their hooliganism and vandalism during last summer's racial reckoning riots is in error.

..................................................................................
A nano search on Google shows:

"As of June 22, 2020, police have made 14,000 arrests in 49 cities since the protests began, with most arrests being locals charged with low-level offenses such as violating curfews or blocking roadways."

I demur.
I realize that you, poster Ut, have little need or time to follow some of these events closely.
Neither do I.

But I come on these internet forums as sort of a diversion, as entertainment. My wife does the New York Times crossword puzzle.

I say all that because in your real life you may have missed that thousands have been arrested for the riots that emerged in some of the racial reckoning protests that occurred last summer. Those protests were necessary. A lesson and hopefully, a corrective to police abuse and the systemic racism that afflicts so many parts of our society.

But, with that said, all folks, most especially those folks who protested peacefully with sincerity and goodwill abhor how some....hooligans, criminals, black nationalists, white nationalists, Covid-pent-ups, ......created violence, destruction, injury and death in some of those thousands of righteous protests.

And that, importantly, is in contradistinction to what happened at the Capitol on January 6th. That clear and present threat to our elected officials, to our 'next-in-lines', to our police, and to our democracy, was of a nature and character far different that what happened in Kenosha or Grand Rapids or Portland.

Those rioters were there...duped & snookered.....by a mendacious attempt to stop the peaceful transition of governmental power as our Constitution mandates.

What they did...those 800 or so 'protesters' who entered the Capitol, and the numbers who didn't enter but stayed outside and viciously battled with the police protecting that Capitol....what they did was a far bigger threat to our democracy than a crowd of hooligans overturning a police car in Portland, burning down a Nike store, or spray painting City Hall walls in some American city.

So, your perception that nobody paid a price for their hooliganism and vandalism during last summer's racial reckoning riots is in error.

..................................................................................
A nano search on Google shows:

"As of June 22, 2020, police have made 14,000 arrests in 49 cities since the protests began, with most arrests being locals charged with low-level offenses such as violating curfews or blocking roadways."
I disagree. The real threat is the government itself.

Even the hooligans that burn and loot do less damage to our society than the career warmongers and bureaucrats that rob us of our money and sometimes of our lives and relatives' lives. The Capitol protesters might be a threat to the elite in DC, but that doesn't matter to me. I'm not on the elite team, and they're not on mine.

The media will certainly do everything it can to make you hate these protesters, but they're just pawns in a psyop, just like the public is. The end goal is to make people loyal to the state. It's no different from the CCP's tactics, but just a little more subtle.

I love America, but I don't love the government. Unfortunately, too many people mistakenly love their government while thinking they love the country.

This man threw a firecracker at the line of police protecting the capitol doors to clear the way for rioters to enter the capitol.

He was found by the public calling in tips.

He is the 20th rioter arrested in Texas which is the most of any FBI office in the nation.

Now if only they'd apply the same logic to Antifa in Portland.
Would that make you feel better about the insurrection of our Capitol?
If we're calling that an insurrection, it's the weakest insurrection I've ever seen. Puerto Rican nationalists in the '50s did a much better job of "insurrection".
What do you call it?
A "mostly peaceful protest", if I want to use the same standards that the media had for the BLM and Antifa protests.
The media did not describe the carnage done by Antifa as "peaceful protests".
We are discussing the Jan 6 insurrection and you Trump fanatics always compare
based on who they vote for. It is NOT we against them. Again, my question to you concerned the "patriots" attack on our Capitol.

This man threw a firecracker at the line of police protecting the capitol doors to clear the way for rioters to enter the capitol.

He is the 20th rioter arrested in Texas which is the most of any FBI office in the nation.

If we're calling that an insurrection, it's the weakest insurrection I've ever seen. Puerto Rican nationalists in the '50s did a much better job of "insurrection".
What do you call it?
A "mostly peaceful protest", if I want to use the same standards that the media had for the BLM and Antifa protests.
based on who they vote for. It is NOT we against them. Again, my question to you concerned the "patriots" attack on our Capitol.

What do you call it?
As bripat just pointed out, yes, they did refer to many protests as peaceful protests -- including many by Antifa, although they more specifically said "mostly peaceful" to get around the fact that said carnage happened.

Forum List

Back