Hawley 2024: Trumpism without Trump

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

heā€™s carved out a place for himself by fusing social conservatism with the savvier aspects of Trumpā€™s populism, encapsulated in a crusade against the monopoly power of Big Tech and an out-of-touch ā€œaristocracy.ā€

Hawley has made the cynical gamble that the movement Trump assembled isnā€™t going away, and that a smarter, more disciplined messenger can harness its power while avoiding the self-defeating pitfalls of its erratic founder.

Exg1EdMWQAsddI0

ExgxiDvWYAYCANy

heā€™s carved out a place for himself by fusing social conservatism with the savvier aspects of Trumpā€™s populism, encapsulated in a crusade against the monopoly power of Big Tech and an out-of-touch ā€œaristocracy.ā€

Hawley has made the cynical gamble that the movement Trump assembled isnā€™t going away, and that a smarter, more disciplined messenger can harness its power while avoiding the self-defeating pitfalls of its erratic founder.

Exg1EdMWQAsddI0

ExgxiDvWYAYCANy

No chance. Somehow, I think this picture may end up in more than a few campaign ads. :)
1616877943895.png

When Mr. Hawley arrived in Washington in January 2019 as Missouriā€™s junior senator, he positioned himself as the intellectual heir of Trumpism ā€” the politician who could integrate the presidentā€™s populist instincts into a comprehensive ideology for the G.O.P. In his maiden speech, he summoned the lamentation of cultural erosion heā€™d been refining since high school, arguing that the ā€œgreat American middleā€ had been overlooked by a ā€œnew, arrogant aristocracy.ā€

For conservatives who felt Mr. Trump had identified uncomfortable truths about the party despite ultimately governing like a typical Republican, Mr. Hawleyā€™s arrival was timely. That July, conservative writers and policy experts gathered at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington for the inaugural National Conservatism Conference, meant to map a departure from the corporate-class policies that for decades had defined conservatism. Mr. Hawley, who in his keynote speech decried the ā€œcosmopolitan consensus,ā€ was introduced as the fledgling movementā€™s ā€œchampion in the Senate.ā€

He is more refined version of Trumps politics.

Exg1EdMWQAsddI0

He's a fucking seditionist and insurrectionist, if you have forgotten, signaling this to the rioters at the Capitol, you fucking idiot.
37698512-0-image-a-44_1609977219224.jpg

He's a fucking seditionist and insurrectionist, if you have forgotten, signaling this to the rioters at the Capitol, you fucking idiot.

Funny, no one has been charged with sedition, and there was no insurrection either.

• Banned
haters gon' hate

i like Hawley because he's a folksy populist like Palin. he even coined the phrase ā€œeconomic mugwumperyā€

Before you concern yourself with sedition or insurrection, ask yourself "does the government work for me, or do I work for the government?"

If you're being honest, you should realize that "sedition" is a reasonable urge given the nature of our government. It hasn't fought for the people in ages. It is ruled by an elite that don't care about your party, but they do care about making sure their agendas aren't hindered by any notions of nationalism or unity.

to put it in terms an economic populist might understand, Trumpism is too big to fail.

Will one of you cocksucking idiots give us a comprehensible definition of the bullshit term "Trumpism" please?
If Trumpism is anything, itā€™s a doctrine of entitlement and impunity, and of fealty from everyone else. Itā€™s an assertion of who the country belongs to...white people...and a pledge to protect them from their fears with the force of the state.

This is exactly it. Cruz sold his soul to win this title, but Hawley looks like the heir apparent. At least at the moment. As long as he doesn't piss off the buffoon.

He's playing to the same gullible crowd in the same way, speaking exclusively to them. He's just smoother. And cynical as hell.

Will one of you cocksucking idiots give us a comprehensible definition of the bullshit term "Trumpism" please?
If Trumpism is anything, itā€™s a doctrine of entitlement and impunity, and of fealty from everyone else. Itā€™s an assertion of who the country belongs to...white people...and a pledge to protect them from their fears with the force of the state.
Bigotry, arrogant ignorance, paranoia, cult of personality.

This was Sen Hawley after the Bostock decision. I do not agree with everything he said, but this part was spot on:

Now I will say this in defense of the court: it is difficult to anticipate in one case all future possible implications. Thatā€™s why courts are supposed to leave legislating to legislators. Thatā€™s why Article III does not give the United States Supreme Court or any federal court the power to legislate, but only the judicial power to decide cases and controversies, not to decide policies. But I will also say this: that everybody knows, every honest person knows, that the laws in this country today are made almost entirely by unelected bureaucrats and courts. Theyā€™re not made by this body.

Why not? Because this body doesnā€™t want to make law. Thatā€™s why not.
Thatā€™s because in order to make law, you have to take a vote. In order to vote, you have to be on the record. And to be on the record is to be held accountable. Thatā€™s what this body fears above all else. This body is terrified of being held accountable for anything on any subject.

So can we be so surprised that where the legislature fears to tread, where the Article I bodyā€”this bodyā€”that is charged by the Constitution for legislating, refuses to do its job, courts rush in and bureaucrats, too?

He looks really good. I wresllynlike whst heā€™s said and done, until I realized that he is/was an ATTORNEY. In that moment, he lost any/all support that I could have had for him.

Exg1EdMWQAsddI0

ExgxiDvWYAYCANy
You're assuming Hawley isnt his own man and putting his finger to the wind to determine his "beliefs" like Joe Biden and the Democrats do.

Hawley is like the +74 million who voted for Trump.

We voted for Trump because Trump reflects OUR views.

Hawley also is in sync with Trump

Forum List

Back