Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

That is untrue, but you probably don't know that. If the "vast majority" agreed with your crazy arse views, then guns would be illegal by now!

Bullshit. The vast majority never gets what it wants in the fact of a monied industry, and you know it.

The NRA spends billions keeping stupid people like you scared and thinking a gun makes you safe.

That is untrue, but you probably don't know that. If the "vast majority" agreed with your crazy arse views, then guns would be illegal by now!

Bullshit. The vast majority never gets what it wants in the fact of a monied industry, and you know it.

The NRA spends billions keeping stupid people like you scared and thinking a gun makes you safe.

Well, first of all, I don't even OWN a gun. I am just intelligent enough to know that our rights matter and mean something. Secondly, WRONG!

A recent Pew Research Center poll reveals support for the Second Amendment and gun ownership is at a two decade high.

“Currently, 52% say it is more important to protect the right of Americans to own guns, while 46% say it is more important to control gun ownership,” the Washington, DC based think tank reports.

“Support for gun rights has edged up from earlier this year, and marks a substantial shift in attitudes since shortly after the Newtown school shootings, which occurred two years ago this Sunday.”

Respondents say gun ownership does more to protect people than put them at risk.

The last I don't know how many mass shootings would not have happened if the lunatics who perpetrated them had been kept locked up after they proved themselves to be lunatics the FIRST time.

Because we don't lock people up when they are ill. Otherwise you'd have been locked up a long time ago.

We can't incarcerate people for what they might do.

The only solve for this problem is to figure out a way to keep weapons out of the hands of said lunatics.

The answer is criminal liability for sellers who fail to perform a nationally standardized background check.

And that's the problem right there. You're more concerned about dangerous lunatics' "right" to wander around loose, unmedicated and dangerous to the public than you are about the lives of the dozens of people they each might kill. This is why the ACLU and other leftist organizations demanded that we turn the mentally ill out of hospitals to wander the streets decades ago because of their "civil right" to be untreated and uncared for. This is why big chunks of our prison populations are actually people who should have been committed for their own and everyone else's safety. And this is us reaping the "benefits" of listening to liberal "compassion".

He's not blaming guns, he's blaming our lax policies concerning access to guns.

Big difference.

Compare the paperwork required to purchase and operate a motor vehicle to the paperwork required to own and operate a firearm.

you can not argue the fact that if people do not have mental illnesses they do not use guns to kill someone

Well, not quite. People who are evil do so. Whether or not you want to classify evil as "mental illness" is optional.

You said he could not have killed anyone without guns. Well, as you have been shown, and like what happens all over the world without guns and especially in the ME, he sure could have.

the point is, the Middle East is in a state of Chaos we caused.

So. How many mass slaughters have they had in the United Kingdom in the last 10 years? Germany? Japan? With or without guns. How many. give me a number.

We've had VA Tech, Two shootings at Ft. Hood, Tuscon, Roseburg, Sandy Hook, Aurora, the Washington Naval Yard. those four cops shot by a guy Mike Huckabee let go in 2011.

CORRECTION, Obuma CAUSED!

Big difference.

Compare the paperwork required to purchase and operate a motor vehicle to the paperwork required to own and operate a firearm.

you can not argue the fact that if people do not have mental illnesses they do not use guns to kill someone

Well, not quite. People who are evil do so. Whether or not you want to classify evil as "mental illness" is optional.
Some are evil. Some are not. But there is a threshold of mental illness that if a person is over it...evil or not, they are DANGEROUS. How is it cruel to keep them controlled...and keep THEM, not just innocent bystanders, safe??? Nobody blames them for being crazy...I am not kidding when I say I love crazy people...but it is what it is. They are never happy, and they aren't going to magically become undangerous out on the street. Treat them according their ability and needs but take into consideration everybody's safety. The leftist loons, being crazy themselves, will never react differently though. They want the lunatics to run the asylum.

The only explanation that makes sense is that the left is gunophobic.

12141556_10153310679746701_932545457903229985_n.jpg

The shooters dad is going to say anything he has to to avoid accountability.

The last I don't know how many mass shootings would not have happened if the lunatics who perpetrated them had been kept locked up after they proved themselves to be lunatics the FIRST time.

Because we don't lock people up when they are ill. Otherwise you'd have been locked up a long time ago.

The only solve for this problem is to figure out a way to keep weapons out of the hands of said lunatics.

The answer is criminal liability for sellers who fail to perform a nationally standardized background check.

And that's the problem right there. You're more concerned about dangerous lunatics' "right" to wander around loose, unmedicated and dangerous to the public than you are about the lives of the dozens of people they each might kill. This is why the ACLU and other leftist organizations demanded that we turn the mentally ill out of hospitals to wander the streets decades ago because of their "civil right" to be untreated and uncared for. This is why big chunks of our prison populations are actually people who should have been committed for their own and everyone else's safety. And this is us reaping the "benefits" of listening to liberal "compassion".

Yes.

I am in favor of every lunatic, including you and me, having the right to remain free pending their actually doing anything wrong. So is The US Constitution.

What I'm not in favor of is allowing EVERY lunatic the same access to deadly weapons.

The public has a right to demand minimum standards of responsibility and safety in the deadly weapons market.

`

Big difference.

Some are evil. Some are not. But there is a threshold of mental illness that if a person is over it...evil or not, they are DANGEROUS. How is it cruel to keep them controlled...and keep THEM, not just innocent bystanders, safe??? Nobody blames them for being crazy...I am not kidding when I say I love crazy people...but it is what it is. They are never happy, and they aren't going to magically become undangerous out on the street. Treat them according their ability and needs but take into consideration everybody's safety. The leftist loons, being crazy themselves, will never react differently though. They want the lunatics to run the asylum.

And you want these folks to have unfettered, private access to a wide variety of deadly weapons because.....? :eusa_eh:

Exercise your right to self defense. The founders were a hell of a lot smarter than Marxist trash like Obama and Hillary, etc.

Big difference.

And you want these folks to have unfettered, private access to a wide variety of deadly weapons because.....? :eusa_eh:
No, I want them locked up. Pay attention.

Yes.

I am in favor of every lunatic, including you and me, having the right to remain free pending their actually doing anything wrong. So is The US Constitution.

What I'm not in favor of is allowing EVERY lunatic the same access to deadly weapons.

The public has a right to demand minimum standards of responsibility and safety in the deadly weapons market.

`
So you think a man of ordinary intelligence who strips naked and tries to attack people with his penis....or a man who repeatedly voices a desire to kill more people than Gacy, who scares neighborhood children and can't interact normally with anyone, should just be allowed to spin. Of course you do.

And you think if he attacks kids in a school, then we arrest him. Maybe. But no protection for the kids, by golly. That gives the wrong message.

Yeah, you're nuts. And nuts protect nuts.

Society has a right to protect themselves from lunatics. Crazy people who are menacing and unpredictable pose a threat to themselves and others. That's why we restrict them. It's not a crime, but you morons refusing to des with mental illness is why this shit happens. You turned them out, and now you insist they have the right to terrorize and kill our children. And we are to be given NO MEANS to protect them.

Truly foul.

So you think a man of ordinary intelligence who strips naked and tries to attack people with his penis....or a man who repeatedly voices a desire to kill more people than Gacy, who scares neighborhood children and can't interact normally with anyone, should just be allowed to spin. Of course you do.

And you think if he attacks kids in a school, then we arrest him. Maybe. But no protection for the kids, by golly. That gives the wrong message.

Society has a right to protect themselves from lunatics. Crazy people who are menacing and unpredictable pose a threat to themselves and others. That's why we restrict them. It's not a crime, but you morons refusing to des with mental illness is why this shit happens. You turned them out, and now you insist they have the right to terrorize and kill our children. And we are to be given NO MEANS to protect them.

What's truly foul is that you guys on the right have defunded mental health care, and you only care about them when they shoot up a bunch of people and then live in fear that we might want to "Well-Regulate" who actually has a gun.

Big difference.

You want people locked up before they've committed a crime? :eusa_eh:

That seems positively un-American.

What's truly foul is that you guys on the right have defunded mental health care, and you only care about them when they shoot up a bunch of people and then live in fear that we might want to "Well-Regulate" who actually has a gun.
Yep, pussy is still hurt'n...

Yes.

`

Truly foul.

:rolleyes: Just make sure that their access to deadly weapons in not infringed upon in the process, eh KG?

Too funny.

Big difference.

You want people locked up before they've committed a crime? :eusa_eh:

That seems positively un-American.

That's what they said in the 70's, so they unlocked all the doors to the cells and let the people out. Even today, they roam freely capable of hurting themselves, others, and even getting access to firearms.

But let's lock up the firearms. They don't have any Constitutional rights.

Big difference.

I agree. I pity crazy people. If they were hospitalized and medicated, they might get the treatment they need to have lives. Watching leftists turn them out in the streets to become homeless or criminals in the name of "compassion" is one of the many reasons I despise the ideology of the left and hold those who spout it in such contempt.

Forum List

Back