Father of AK-47, Mikhail Kalashnikov, dead at 94

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
This is one communist I think I could sit down with and drink a bottle of vodka with.
The man that invented one of the most used rifles of all time next to the AR.

Now bash away.

Father of AK-47, Mikhail Kalashnikov, dead at 94 - World News

Kalashnikov often said he felt personally untroubled by his contribution to bloodshed.
"I sleep well. It's the politicians who are to blame for failing to come to an agreement and resorting to violence," he said in 2007.

While I prefer the AR platform in a semi-automatic rifle, it is true that when you absolutely positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room, there is no substitute.

RIP Mikhail

While I prefer the AR platform in a semi-automatic rifle, it is true that when you absolutely positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room, there is no substitute.

RIP Mikhail

FUCK that russian pig. And if you want to tidy up a room, my old Ithaca trench 37 with 8 rounds of 00 and slam-fire would do quite nicely. You boys might want to remember his weapon killed thousands of GIs.....that's the bottom-line here. May he rot in soviet hell.

RIP Mikhail

FUCK that russian pig. And if you want to tidy up a room, my old Ithaca trench 37 with 8 rounds of 00 and slam-fire would do quite nicely. You boys might want to remember his weapon killed thousands of GIs.....that's the bottom-line here. May he rot in soviet hell.
So tell me did the AK grow legs and feet? It's not the rifle I blame but the ones who used it and the ones who sent them there.

RIP Mikhail

So tell me did the AK grow legs and feet? It's not the rifle I blame but the ones who used it and the ones who sent them there.

FUCK that too...he knew what his weapon would be used for....overrunning eastern europe and holding half of Germany hostage. I'm sure he does "sleep well".....your average fucking russian ate beets while the government bought thousands of AKs. You ever faced one? I have. An Khe....VC woman with a sapper team....trip flare, my first night on the perimeter. She was hiding behind a truck and I walked right past her. I heard her yell something and heard the trigger-pull.....dry snap. My Colt worked perfect....first round through her mouth, second round through her chest. Like I said....that AK ain't all it's cracked up to be....certainly not in the almost religious fervor some shooters hold for it.

Why was he in the hospital? Accidental gunshot?

:lol: I thought is was kinda funny for a rookie. Here's some +rep, rook.
Thanks, Bull. I'm not sure about all this rep stuff yet, but maybe some day.

rep is a number your get from other posters.....you can get neg-rep if you piss somebody off......I'd have 5,000 by now if I were a little more diplomatic but I'm old and say what I think....one of my posts will be my last so rep me while ya can. :lol:

I believe "thanks" to be a better metric.....more thanks then posts is like hitting .280 in MLB.

Last edited:

FUCK that too...he knew what his weapon would be used for....overrunning eastern europe and holding half of Germany hostage. I'm sure he does "sleep well".....your average fucking russian ate beets while the government bought thousands of AKs. You ever faced one? I have. An Khe....VC woman with a sapper team....trip flare, my first night on the perimeter. She was hiding behind a truck and I walked right past her. I heard her yell something and heard the trigger-pull.....dry snap. My Colt worked perfect....first round through her mouth, second round through her chest. Like I said....that AK ain't all it's cracked up to be....certainly not in the almost religious fervor some shooters hold for it.
I'm not going to get into politics on this. I am not saying RIP I am indifferent to his death. I don't blame him for what his Government did
Thank you for your service.

:lol: I thought is was kinda funny for a rookie. Here's some +rep, rook.
Thanks, Bull. I'm not sure about all this rep stuff yet, but maybe some day.

rep is a number your get from other posters.....you can get neg-rep if you piss somebody off......I'd have 5,000 by now if I were a little more diplomatic but I'm old and say what I think....one of my posts will be my last so rep me while ya can. :lol:

I believe "thanks" to be a better metric.....more thanks then posts is like hitting .280 in MLB.

I'm not diplomatic.

I'm not going to get into politics on this. I am not saying RIP I am indifferent to his death. I don't blame him for what his Government did

What's bizarre is that weapon is such a prized trophy, GIs have sent a few home from Iraq that were booby-trapped and blew up the first smith to break them down. And look, I understand what the discussion is about here and wouldn't have brought up what I did if somebody else had. The thing is a BEAST in the field if it's maintained....don't buy these stories about them being buried in dirt for a year and still cycling perfectly....and they're no better wet than an M-16, CAR-15. We put condoms over our barrels because one of the M-16A1 problems was the bolt-carrier could rust in an afternoon. But I'll tell ya what....at 500 meters you'll hit what you want to hit where you want to hit it, while the AK47 kicks up dirt 50 meters short.

Last edited:

What's bizarre is that weapon is such a prized trophy, GIs have sent a few home from Iraq that were booby-trapped and blew up the first smith to break them down. And look, I understand what the discussion is about here and wouldn't have brought up what I did if somebody else had. The thing is a BEAST in the field if it's maintained....don't buy these stories about them being buried in dirt for a year and still cycling perfectly....and they're no better wet than an M-16, CAR-15. We put condoms over our barrels because one of the M-16A1 problems was the bolt-carrier could rust in an afternoon. But I'll tell ya what....at 500 meters you'll hit what you want to hit where you want to hit it, while the AK47 kicks up dirt 50 meters short.
I have a Tula Arsenal AK 47 I've run it hard through mud rain and snow, never had one problem out of it.

RIP Mikhail

Point taken. However, that doesn't change the effectiveness and reliability of the platform he created, regardless of how it was used. For that he deserves credit I think.

Forum List

Back