Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

Your second link agrees with me. Thank you for the support. I also enjoyed laughing at your crazy rant.

Certain fast food restaurants can achieve labor cost as low as 25 percent, while table service restaurants are more likely to see labor in the 30 percent to 35 percent range. Food costs (including beverages) for the restaurant industry run typically from the 25 percent to 38 percent range, depending upon the style of restaurant and the mix of sales.

I'm gonna eat at restaurants that pay their Workers a livable wage. If McDonalds does the right thing and helps its Workers out, i might just give it a shot again. If we all do that, Employers might be encouraged to treat their Workers better.

And besides, you gotta watch those restaurants that treat their Workers like shite. You might end up with a nasty ole phlegmy spit sandwich.

Well, that's your own idiocy, then. I eat at the restaurant that gives me the food I was looking for. If I'm looking for quick, cheap food, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it as though I was eating a nice meal at a good restaurant just because some dumbass slapping burgers on a bun thinks he should be able to support the kids he squeezed out without changing his life approach.

Well, that's why most feel you white Republican dudes are bad people. They've decided they're not gonna leave it up to you to decide these things. You just can't be trusted. You've allowed your hate & greed to consume you.

Most feel white Republican dudes are bad people? That's not what the elections showed.
Paulitician wants to blame white Republicans for the fact that he cannot hold a job more than 6 months. If he quit pissing in the fryer he might be more employable.

Oh yeah, keep that angry greedy white dude thing goin. You guys won't be seeing the White House again for a very long time. Hillary gon straighten you tards out. Most Americans don't want leave anything up to you guys anymore. You just can't be trusted to do the right thing.

Well, that's your own idiocy, then. I eat at the restaurant that gives me the food I was looking for. If I'm looking for quick, cheap food, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it as though I was eating a nice meal at a good restaurant just because some dumbass slapping burgers on a bun thinks he should be able to support the kids he squeezed out without changing his life approach.

Well, that's why most feel you white Republican dudes are bad people. They've decided they're not gonna leave it up to you to decide these things. You just can't be trusted. You've allowed your hate & greed to consume you.

Most feel white Republican dudes are bad people? That's not what the elections showed.

Elections with really poor turnout?

It doesn't matter if the elections were 50,000 or 50 million. The point is what the majority thinks.

Yes it does. Did a majority even vote?

He's another confused 'Small/Less Government' white Republican dude. Completely clueless. We're not a nation of Mob Rule. We're a Republic. At one time the majority supported Slavery. That didn't mean it was right.

I'm gonna eat at restaurants that pay their Workers a livable wage. If McDonalds does the right thing and helps its Workers out, i might just give it a shot again. If we all do that, Employers might be encouraged to treat their Workers better.

And besides, you gotta watch those restaurants that treat their Workers like shite. You might end up with a nasty ole phlegmy spit sandwich.

Paulitician wants to blame white Republicans for the fact that he cannot hold a job more than 6 months. If he quit pissing in the fryer he might be more employable.

Oh yeah, keep that angry greedy white dude thing goin. You guys won't be seeing the White House again for a very long time. Hillary gon straighten you tards out. Most Americans don't want leave anything up to you guys anymore. You just can't be trusted to do the right thing.
Nobody votes Republican anymore.

Elections with really poor turnout?
Do not blame anyone other than those ( democrat) voters that were too fucking lazy to get off their entitled asses and cast a ballot.
Low turn out....jesus christ. What a fucking complainer.

Angry greedy white Republican dude will continue to win some local Elections and Governorships. But even that's slipping away. The Presidency is out for the foreseeable future. You guys can't win a national Election at this point. Most wanna help out their fellow Americans. They don't want your hate & greed.

Wow, rooting for Hillary.
Hey, retard. Democrats are the party that restricts choice. You'll never get a job if Hillary gets elected.

Hey, retard. Democrats are the party that restricts choice. You'll never get a job if Hillary gets elected.

Not rooting for her, just stating reality. You dummies are gonna make it easy for her to win. Most Americans don't want your hate & greed. Most wanna help their fellow Americans. Hillary should win pretty easily.

Not rooting for her, just stating reality. You dummies are gonna make it easy for her to win. Most Americans don't want your hate & greed. Most wanna help their fellow Americans. Hillary should win pretty easily.
Wow. Clueless. You dont think Hillary represents hate and greed? Who are her biggest enemies? Not ISIS. Not al Qaeda. Not Iran or Russia. But the GOP. Said so herself.
As for greed, she sold her office as SecState.
Nope. Hillary is the least liked policitican in America. She is not getting elected.

Wow. Clueless. You dont think Hillary represents hate and greed? Who are her biggest enemies? Not ISIS. Not al Qaeda. Not Iran or Russia. But the GOP. Said so herself.
Nope. Hillary is the least liked policitican in America. She is not getting elected.

Yeah, but most Workers see her as someone who actually cares. Not many are seeing Republicans that way. Most see Republicans worshipping corporate fatcats and only helping them out. Average American Workers know they can't turn to you guys for help. You just don't care. It is what it is.

Yeah, but most Workers see her as someone who actually cares. Not many are seeing Republicans that way. Most see Republicans worshipping corporate fatcats and only helping them out. Average American Workers know they can't turn to you guys for help. You just don't care. It is what it is.

They have shown how little they care in this thread.

They have shown how little they care in this thread.

Oh yeah, so much contempt and greed. It truly sums up average white Republican dude at this point. It's very sad. But he's only hurting himself in the end. It all comes back around.

You speak for most workers? You've never worked in your life.

You speak for most workers? You've never worked in your life.

Ah, just more contempt and greed. Y'all white Republican dudes just hate too much. It's gonna be your downfall. Bet on that.

If you want to help your fellow American, do so on your own dime and on your own time. Simple as that.

And Hillary can? LOL!

Trust me, we're praying Hillary gets the nomination. It's almost a free pass to the White House for Republicans. Now if she can only stay out of jail.............

Why bother to deny an opinion? What you stated about the trucking industry is YOUR opinion. Who cares about your opinion.
Aside from what someone told you to believe, you know nothing.
Truck Driver Pay: Trucker Pay Rate Still Falls Short

So WTF is this supposed to tell us? This author explains how some are not making the money they should be, however, if you look at what he wrote, you will see the most minimum is $37,000 per year, and I have plenty of sites to dispute that.

This is not to mention the FACT that when you first start out, you're not going to be making the top dollar. This is because insurance companies have much higher rates for new drivers. Again, as I have repeated over and over, once you get experience, your pay increases as well. After two years of driving experience with no major accidents, insurance rates drastically go down.

Next of course is that your article explains how many openings for truck drivers there are. Just as the articles I posted, there are jobs out there, and trucking pays very well after you get some experience.

So keep on telling us how Walmart employees need to be compensated by taxpayers for their failures instead of looking into a career promising industry like driving. No driver is getting food stamps or welfare because they make too little unless they are an extremely bad driver or otherwise a non-productive employee.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/1...ivers-it-should-try-paying-more.html?referer=

What a wonderful article, and here is the best part of it:

"It’s not an ideal job for everyone. There is no question that trucking is hard work, necessitating long hours and longer stretches away from family. But that’s why it is well compensated, at least in comparison to other jobs not requiring college degrees. The average pay for a long-haul trucker is just shy of $50,000, according to the A.T.A., and an experienced trucker with a good safety record can make significantly more than that. The work typically offers lavish benefits that are increasingly rare for nonunion blue-collar employees."

Hmmm, doesn't that comment sound like from somebody we know?

But there goes your theory you've repeated over and over, and that is stagnant wages are indicative of no jobs. Well...... as your article points out, there are all kinds of jobs waiting to be had, yet, lower wages. How do you explain your theory now???

Keep posting. The only thing better than putting bullets in my gun is when somebody gives them to me to put in my gun.

So tell us again how Walmart workers have absolutely no other opportunity to get out of those stores because there is nothing higher paying for them.

Jobs nobody wants for all the reasons in the links.

The industry complains of shortages of truck drivers, but in real terms tractor-trailer drivers made less in 2013 than they did a decade earlier.

You really expect someone to pay for training to go into an industry with declining wages?

The salary of a truck driver today, does not come close to compensating the trucker for the work they perform....today's driver wages are about on par with the same salary that truckers were making back in the '80's and '90's. Given the dramatic cost of living increase over the past 20-30 years, it's no wonder there's a serious shortage of drivers..... women and men are just not attracted to a job which doesn't pay in accordance to the skill level demanded by the job, nor the time invested.

Well you said a mouthful right there. Jobs nobody wants. Well, too bad. That's why we don't support a higher minimum wage. There are jobs out there--good paying jobs, but people would rather work at Walmart and collect taxpayer dollars. People would rather sit home than to trouble themselves to get off their asses and learn a new career.

So starve. See if I care. Because the country is getting sick of supporting loafers while the rest of us get up to go to work every morning. When we get a Republican President, watch how they slash this welfare state in half. Then people will have no choice but to support themselves and do anything possible to try and crawl out of that hole they made for themselves.

Yes, truck driving is in the top ten most deadliest jobs, but is that any reason nobody should have those jobs? Think I want to get up every morning and drive a truck? No, but I have to keep a roof over my head. I have to put food on the table. I have too much pride to let somebody else support me; pride we don't see much anymore in this country thanks to liberals.

So WTF is this supposed to tell us? This author explains how some are not making the money they should be, however, if you look at what he wrote, you will see the most minimum is $37,000 per year, and I have plenty of sites to dispute that.

This is not to mention the FACT that when you first start out, you're not going to be making the top dollar. This is because insurance companies have much higher rates for new drivers. Again, as I have repeated over and over, once you get experience, your pay increases as well. After two years of driving experience with no major accidents, insurance rates drastically go down.

Next of course is that your article explains how many openings for truck drivers there are. Just as the articles I posted, there are jobs out there, and trucking pays very well after you get some experience.

So keep on telling us how Walmart employees need to be compensated by taxpayers for their failures instead of looking into a career promising industry like driving. No driver is getting food stamps or welfare because they make too little unless they are an extremely bad driver or otherwise a non-productive employee.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/1...ivers-it-should-try-paying-more.html?referer=

"It’s not an ideal job for everyone. There is no question that trucking is hard work, necessitating long hours and longer stretches away from family. But that’s why it is well compensated, at least in comparison to other jobs not requiring college degrees. The average pay for a long-haul trucker is just shy of $50,000, according to the A.T.A., and an experienced trucker with a good safety record can make significantly more than that. The work typically offers lavish benefits that are increasingly rare for nonunion blue-collar employees."

But there goes your theory you've repeated over and over, and that is stagnant wages are indicative of no jobs. Well...... as your article points out, there are all kinds of jobs waiting to be had, yet, lower wages. How do you explain your theory now???

Keep posting. The only thing better than putting bullets in my gun is when somebody gives them to me to put in my gun.

So tell us again how Walmart workers have absolutely no other opportunity to get out of those stores because there is nothing higher paying for them.

The industry complains of shortages of truck drivers, but in real terms tractor-trailer drivers made less in 2013 than they did a decade earlier.

You really expect someone to pay for training to go into an industry with declining wages?

The salary of a truck driver today, does not come close to compensating the trucker for the work they perform....today's driver wages are about on par with the same salary that truckers were making back in the '80's and '90's. Given the dramatic cost of living increase over the past 20-30 years, it's no wonder there's a serious shortage of drivers..... women and men are just not attracted to a job which doesn't pay in accordance to the skill level demanded by the job, nor the time invested.

Well you said a mouthful right there. Jobs nobody wants. Well, too bad. That's why we don't support a higher minimum wage. There are jobs out there--good paying jobs, but people would rather work at Walmart and collect taxpayer dollars. People would rather sit home than to trouble themselves to get off their asses and learn a new career.

So starve. See if I care. Because the country is getting sick of supporting loafers while the rest of us get up to go to work every morning. When we get a Republican President, watch how they slash this welfare state in half. Then people will have no choice but to support themselves and do anything possible to try and crawl out of that hole they made for themselves.

Yes, truck driving is in the top ten most deadliest jobs, but is that any reason nobody should have those jobs? Think I want to get up every morning and drive a truck? No, but I have to keep a roof over my head. I have to put food on the table. I have too much pride to let somebody else support me; pride we don't see much anymore in this country thanks to liberals.

Yes there are jobs with decreasing wages and people would have to pay for training if they have the money. And if they have kids it's probably an impossible job for many.

With such shortages why are wages not going up? Seems like somebody is really hosing drivers.

Yes in the real world if you can't find a Cnc operator for the wages offered, you offer more. People see how much is offered and get the proper training. Right now wages are stagnant because there aren't lots of Cnc jobs going unfilled.

You keep chanting, "Wages are stagnant", like it's some talisman that excuses anything. We're talking about minimum wage, which is stagnant because those jobs aren't worth more, and because there's no shortage of people who can and will do them for what they pay right now. If someone is sitting around in one of those jobs much longer than they should, expecting it to someday become a well-paying career, that's HIS problem, not the employer's.

There are better jobs out there that don't have enough people to fill them, and they do pay better. Those people lagging in MW jobs could apply for them, if they bothered to become qualified for them. They don't, and that's not anyone's problem but theirs.

You make a lot of claims without backing them up, pretty much every post. Show there are good paying jobs waiting to be filled. Link?

Allow me:

6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough
By Catey Hill
Published: Dec 20, 2014 12:11 p.m. ET

6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough

Employers can't find enough skilled labor to fill jobs
Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

Employers can't find enough skilled labor to fill jobs

ATA: ‘Driver Shortage’ Likely To Reach 48,000 By The End of The Year

OCT 7 • NEWS • 896 VIEWS • 14 COMMENTS ON ATA: ‘DRIVER SHORTAGE’ LIKELY TO REACH 48,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR

ATA: ‘Driver Shortage’ Likely To Reach 48,000 By The End of The Year

By Catey Hill
Published: Dec 20, 2014 12:11 p.m. ET

Yes you keep going on about drivers. But what we already determined is that they are a bad area to go into. First you have to pay for training. Wages in trucking are going down, not up. Impossible for many with families. Very questionable safety....

See? Excuses. "If I have to put out effort to do it, then it's too much. You should just GIVE me what I want without my having to do anything!"
I have noticed a disconnect when it comes to deserving high paying jobs. The real world expects a prospective employee to demonstrate competency in order to get paid a high salary. The leftists seem to think that's unfair....

Yes there are jobs with decreasing wages and people would have to pay for training if they have the money. And if they have kids it's probably an impossible job for many.

With such shortages why are wages not going up? Seems like somebody is really hosing drivers.
Wages in my industry are not going down. Seems that you again are focusing on a specific type of job, not the market as it really is.

Wages in my industry are not going down. Seems that you again are focusing on a specific type of job, not the market as it really is.

No I've linked several times now how wages are stagnant overall.

No I've linked several times now how wages are stagnant overall.
So why hasn't Obama fixed that yet?

Forum List

Back