Far Right Wing Violence Has Skyrocketed Since Obama Elected

Not that it's to anyone's surprise, but since Obama became the nominee for president, radical right wing violence has soared.

"A report published by the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point Military Academy on Jan. 15 discusses the potential dangers of “violent far-right” organizations, which has angered some conservatives that believe the military should focus on international threats.

The executive summary of the paper, “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right,” claims that “since 2007, there has been a dramatic rise in the number of attacks and violent plots originating from individuals and groups who self- identify with the far-right of American politics.”

Written by Arie Perliger, Director of Terrorism Studies at the Combating Terrorism Center and an Assistant Professor at the Department of Social Sciences at West Point, the paper asserts that three distinct ideologies exist in the “American violent far right.” Those are “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement,” the last of which “includes mainly Christian Identity groins such as the Aryan Nations.”

“Findings indicate that…it is not only feelings of deprivation that motivate those involved in far right violence, but also the sense of empowerment that emerges when the political system is perceived to be increasingly permissive to far right ideas,” it later reads.

The rise in attacks in the 21st century were significant, as “Although in the 1990s the average number of attacks per year was 70.1, the average number of attacks per year in the first 11 years of the twenty-first century was 307.5, a rise of more than 400%.”

West Point study on ?violent far right? shows ?dramatic rise? in attacks | The Raw Story

You counting 2000 through 2008 as Obama years Mr. Stoopid?

I was born and raised in Utah, now live in Idaho. I'll get back to ya when the 2 most right wing states in American become dangerous. yawn

Most of the homegrown radical right wing militias, KKK/neo-nazi groups, and radical right wing evangelicals are from the bright red south, which also has the highest murder rates.

gun-control-laws-and-gun-deaths-florida.jpg

This graph has been proven inaccurate about four times now. Dressing up and playing dumb again I see.

Not that it's to anyone's surprise, but since Obama became the nominee for president, radical right wing violence has soared.

The rise in attacks in the 21st century were significant, as “Although in the 1990s the average number of attacks per year was 70.1, the average number of attacks per year in the first 11 years of the twenty-first century was 307.5, a rise of more than 400%.”

West Point study on ?violent far right? shows ?dramatic rise? in attacks | The Raw Story

Interesting how 9/11/2001 is not mentioned in the study (or at least in the blog report) comparing the 1990's with the first 11 years of the 20th century.

TheRawStory.com seems to be cherry picking from the study to associate voilence against minority groups with the OBAMA presidency, when in reality, there has been an increase (however insignificant) in hate crimes against Moslums:

Regardless, Jews were most likely to experience hate crimes, with 14.8 incidents per 100,000 Jews annually. Homosexuals and bisexuals (combined) came next (11.5), followed by blacks (6.7), Muslims (6.0), and Hispanics (1.1). Rates for majority whites and Christians were much smaller

If hate crimes have risen during the Obama Administration....then what is Mr Obama doing about it?

After all, he is President.

Right?

That, plus Mr. President is the Chief Divider of Peoples.

"A report published by the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point Military Academy on Jan. 15 discusses the potential dangers of “violent far-right” organizations, which has angered some conservatives that believe the military should focus on international threats.

The executive summary of the paper, “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right,” claims that “since 2007, there has been a dramatic rise in the number of attacks and violent plots originating from individuals and groups who self- identify with the far-right of American politics.”

Written by Arie Perliger, Director of Terrorism Studies at the Combating Terrorism Center and an Assistant Professor at the Department of Social Sciences at West Point, the paper asserts that three distinct ideologies exist in the “American violent far right.” Those are “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement,” the last of which “includes mainly Christian Identity groins such as the Aryan Nations.”

“Findings indicate that…it is not only feelings of deprivation that motivate those involved in far right violence, but also the sense of empowerment that emerges when the political system is perceived to be increasingly permissive to far right ideas,” it later reads.

I got tired of trying to find the study so I could be more informed but by what I did find apparently the only group that is a problem is right wing groups. Even though we had 9/11, Benghazi and other perpetrated by the religion of peace adherents.

500 deaths by liberals in Chicago alone.. in one year.

Strange how they focus on another group and forget their 'own' from the SDS, James Chester Blanning to the Weathermen, ELF, ALF, the Black Panthers, G8 rioters and of course Jim Jones ( yes he was left wing) who murdered 909 people some at gunpoint and others being forced to commit suicide. Yes many, many were forced to commit suicide if one is aware of the story.

Of course we can't forget Carol Anne Burger ( she murdered her lover and stabbed her 222 times, yup 222 times). The last article she wrote for the Huffington Post was: “Christian School Teacher Takes Female Students to Palin Rally.” Yes, those Christians and Palin fans — they’re the ones you have to watch out for.

If some wacko goes to a Tea Party and shoots up a McDonald’s, every conservative in America is to blame, but we’re not supposed to draw any conclusions about modern liberalism from left-wing domestic terrorist organizations? Give me a break.

I got tired of trying to find the study so I could be more informed but by what I did find apparently the only group that is a problem is right wing groups. Even though we had 9/11, Benghazi and other perpetrated by the religion of peace adherents.

Here it is:

http://www.ctc.usma.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ChallengersFromtheSidelines.pdf

African-Americans are six times as likely as white Americans to die at the hands of a murderer, and roughly seven times as likely to murder someone. Young black men are fifteen times as likely to be murdered as young white men.

Just the facts.

Indeed.

You'd think a Black President would care.

Maobama surely doesn't care look to the deaths of black on black murders in Chicago. Then there Los Angeles and the Chicano gang violence. Shh, we're not supposed to make true remarks about incompetent Democratic Party leadership in Blue cities

Last edited:

The states with the highest murder rates are all bright red. Fail from you as usual.

States with the highest murder rate:

Louisiana ( RED)
Michigan (BLUE)
Maryland (BLUE)
New Jersey (BLUE)
Illinois (BLUE)
Georgia ( RED)
Ohio ( PURPLE)
California (BLUE)
Tennessee (RED)
Florida (PURPLE)
Missouri ( Purple)
Wisconsin (BLUE)
Pennsylvania (BLUE)
District of Columbia (BLUE)

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The states with the highest murder rates are all bright red. Fail from you as usual.

Red states are more likely to own guns. I bet that most of those murders are gun related, which wouldn't surprise me.

Yet his quote is wrong the states with the higest murder rate are BLUE:

CaféAuLait;6689280 said:

Red states are more likely to own guns. I bet that most of those murders are gun related, which wouldn't surprise me.

Yet his quote is wrong the states with the higest murder rate are BLUE:

Noomi doesn't know, she just likes to post.

Just the facts.

Indeed.

Maobama surely doesn't care look to the deaths of black on black murders in Chicago. Then there Los Angeles and the Chicano gang violence. Shh, we're not supposed to make true remarks about incompetent Democratic Party leadership in Blue cities

It is quite interesting to me how Obama seems to have distanced himself from any meaningful discussion regarding black poverty, black incarceration, and every other social ill that his particular minority group suffers.....

It is like he is ashamed.

Indeed.

It is quite interesting to me how Obama seems to have distanced himself from any meaningful discussion regarding black poverty, black incarceration, and every other social ill that his particular minority group suffers.....

It is like he is ashamed.

Yes it is quite odd that the "community organizer" shuns his own communities. I guess he is to far above them and the rest of the Choom gang to care.

yeah... my state is bright red...

and our murder rate would otherwise place us at the bottom of the list if it weren't for the fact that New Orleans, a festering pocket of bright blue, is, unfortunately, in Louisiana...

Why on earth would such a subject be taught in the United States Military Academy? Are Obama's future Army leaders being taught to attack American citizens while the rest of the Army is bogged down in Afghanistan? Something is terribly wrong when students at the Military Academy are being indoctrinated about the potential for violence based on political affiliation. Look at Van Jones OWS radicals who "occupy" private property and stop commerce and stink up areas with feces and dirty needles and then look at the Tea Party blue haired old ladies and potbellied Vets who carry the Constitution in their back pockets and tell me where the threat is.

yeah... my state is bright red...

and our murder rate would otherwise place us at the bottom of the list if it weren't for the fact that New Orleans, a festering pocket of bright blue, is, unfortunately, in Louisiana...

Yep. Anyone with any brains knows that as well. The Big Easy is a gang infested sewer full of the largest percentage of criminals (by race) that there are. If it wasn't for all of the blacks that live there the murder rate would be much, much lower.

Forum List

Back