Family Gets Kicked Off US Airways Plane for Crying Kids

And you have to jump in to help other parents. Well I think so. You have to help them out.

The few times I traveled with my daughter, and later, my granddaughter, I did a "pre-flight" on them. I found a quiet part of the terminal with only a few people around. Then I let the kid run, walk, romp, whatever it took to wear her out. After boarding the plane, she was usually so tired, she went to sleep almost immediately. I did this at every changeover point, made sure she got a good snack, too. Belly full, worn out, always made the flight a joy.

That's the best you can hope for. And I always found most folks understood. And when I'm up in the middle aisle standing and dancing to the good ship lollipop they know I'm giving it my all.

The few times I traveled with my daughter, and later, my granddaughter, I did a "pre-flight" on them. I found a quiet part of the terminal with only a few people around. Then I let the kid run, walk, romp, whatever it took to wear her out. After boarding the plane, she was usually so tired, she went to sleep almost immediately. I did this at every changeover point, made sure she got a good snack, too. Belly full, worn out, always made the flight a joy.

That's the best you can hope for. And I always found most folks understood. And when I'm up in the middle aisle standing and dancing to the good ship lollipop they know I'm giving it my all.

The first time I flew with my oldest granddaughter, she was about 18 months old. I had been using my pre-flight program quite effectively. Because of her age, she was a "lap baby". On the last leg of our trip, from Seattle to Anchorage, she fell asleep, cradled astride my lap and cradled against my chest. I actually had to wake her when we arrived. As she stirred, the people across the aisle from me were absolutely astounded that I had a baby with me.

I was on a flight to Maui one time and it is a 4.5 hour trip. Some kids were crying up towards the front and Hubby and I were thankful we were far enough away from them but then it was nothing but giggles...along with other adult passengers. We got up to look and there was this guy in full clown regalia, blowing animals balloons. He did that for almost an hour. He told the kids to be good and when off he plane, he would give them their balloons he made for them ONLY if they were really quiet and waited. Those kids stayed quiet. The rest of us applauded that man.

Gracie the routine was called chickenheart. I am so dying laughing now. I have no words. It was called chickenheart. OMG.I can't breathe. Chickenheart. No shit.

Forum List

Back