Family Gets Kicked Off US Airways Plane for Crying Kids

That was probably because once he gave you "the look", you knew that if you didn't straighten up, bad things were in your future. As a boy, I ignored "the look" a few times. Things didn't work out well for me when I did that.

That is exactly right! We knew better than to ignore "the look" ...oh my .. and how!
My daughters learned what "my look" was, just as I learned my father's and my mother's.

I would look at mine over the top of the glasses. My son said he would gladly exchange that look for a beating. All I had to do was look over my glasses.

I can understand that crying kids will disrupt some passengers, and if I am honest, I wouldn't want to sit anywhere near a kid who was crying. But if the family have paid for their ticket, they should expect to fly, crying child or not.

And all the other passengers also paid for tickets. Should they be inconvenienced by a parent who cannot control their children? There are loads of ways to help kids get over the discomfort of flying. Kids should be like dogs, well-disciplined and make no trouble for other people.

With my kid, all I had to do was give him the evil eye. no tantrums. No kicking seats. No squaling. All it took was my evil eye. :lol:

My father was like that! One look....that's all it took ....when for example, we were sitting at the table having dinner and we children were misbehaving....just one look from him... I can still remember so well!

His eye was not evil though....but it was a very severe and punishing eye! :eusa_shifty:

My parents had "the look", too. If you earned "the look", you knew you were going to pay as soon as possible. My parents did not tolerate any kind of horseplay or rudeness when we were in public (or privately, either).

How about no flights for parents/guardians travelling with kids under eight, or specific flights for parents/guardians with infants and toddlers?

That was probably because once he gave you "the look", you knew that if you didn't straighten up, bad things were in your future. As a boy, I ignored "the look" a few times. Things didn't work out well for me when I did that.

That is exactly right! We knew better than to ignore "the look" ...oh my .. and how!
My daughters learned what "my look" was, just as I learned my father's and my mother's.

My dad didn't even have a look. Just a nice back hand...hurt like hell to. He said we should have known better...

Did anyone read the story? The plane was still boarding, the mom and her two kids (1yr and 3 yr) were settled into their seats when the sky waitress told them they had to move, no reason given. The baby started crying when a stranger picked him up (without the mom's permission) but both kids settled down and stopped crying before the flight took off. Airline said tough shit, get off. What would the airline have done had the kids started crying mid-flight? Make a quick landing and tossed them off?

I read all the comments in this thread first before I read the story. From the comments made I fully expected a different story .... unruly kids, completely out of control, etc. Not the case. The airline should have shown some compassion, especially since the kids settled down, and shame on the other passengers for not one of them offered the mom (traveling alone w/a baby and toddler) a hand ... except for the stranger who picked up the baby without asking.

Happened to me once, my son was 3 he and I were flying from Florida and the crying started...uncontrollable incessant crying..... he finally comforted me and calmed me down ..the crying stopped. He insisted I buy him noise cancelling headphones for the next time I had a melt down when dealing with the damn airline.

Children in swaddling clothes should not be taken on vacation. They don't understand what is happening. They are frightened. When a child is old enough to want to "go there", they probably won't cry. Because they are excited about going. 1 year old and younger? They have no idea what is going on and will only remember leaving home as "terror and fright".

Selfish parents have messed up kids. If they want "Grandmom and Granddad" to see the kids, buy them tickets. It's unlikely they will cry on the plane.

You just locked down the title of Stupidest Post of 2014.

I remember reading about how nice Mitt Romney was when he was a kid. Five of Romney's "friends" are still ashamed for helping Romney target, terrorize and molest some boy who they thought was "different". There are mostly two types of Republican kids. The super wealthy who haven't learned right from wrong and feel they are privileged. And Redneck bullies.

You READ?????

He saw it on TV when there were words on the screen, he thought he was reading.

I can understand that crying kids will disrupt some passengers, and if I am honest, I wouldn't want to sit anywhere near a kid who was crying. But if the family have paid for their ticket, they should expect to fly, crying child or not.

Nope.

Refund.

Better parenting.

I'd jump in to help. Now maybe that might seem crazy on the outside but if we are talking twelve hours here, I'm in to make the baby happy. Sometimes its just a matter of making sure the mum's not stressed out and making the kid happy.

[MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION]

I looked for bill cosby and green slime on youtube and cannot find the one you were talking about. do you have a link? I just watched The Dentist again and although I have seen it many times...I still bust up.:lol:

Did anyone read the story? The plane was still boarding, the mom and her two kids (1yr and 3 yr) were settled into their seats when the sky waitress told them they had to move, no reason given. The baby started crying when a stranger picked him up (without the mom's permission) but both kids settled down and stopped crying before the flight took off. Airline said tough shit, get off. What would the airline have done had the kids started crying mid-flight? Make a quick landing and tossed them off?

I read all the comments in this thread first before I read the story. From the comments made I fully expected a different story .... unruly kids, completely out of control, etc. Not the case. The airline should have shown some compassion, especially since the kids settled down, and shame on the other passengers for not one of them offered the mom (traveling alone w/a baby and toddler) a hand ... except for the stranger who picked up the baby without asking.

I sort of thought the thread was about general nightmares that we have all been dealt with. As we have travelled/

I was on a flight to Maui one time and it is a 4.5 hour trip. Some kids were crying up towards the front and Hubby and I were thankful we were far enough away from them but then it was nothing but giggles...along with other adult passengers. We got up to look and there was this guy in full clown regalia, blowing animals balloons. He did that for almost an hour. He told the kids to be good and when off he plane, he would give them their balloons he made for them ONLY if they were really quiet and waited. Those kids stayed quiet. The rest of us applauded that man.

We asked the stewardess later on how a clown came to be on the plane and she said he had his gear in his overhead storage compartment, asked persmission from the crew, went in one of the bathrooms to put it on and thus..the entertainment began. It was awesome.

I remember reading about how nice Mitt Romney was when he was a kid. Five of Romney's "friends" are still ashamed for helping Romney target, terrorize and molest some boy who they thought was "different". There are mostly two types of Republican kids. The super wealthy who haven't learned right from wrong and feel they are privileged. And Redneck bullies.

You READ?????

Sure, don't you? Guess not.

Former Romney Classmate Describes "Bullying Supreme". A "Pack of Dogs" Who Targeted "Different" Boy - ABC News

The few times I traveled with my daughter, and later, my granddaughter, I did a "pre-flight" on them. I found a quiet part of the terminal with only a few people around. Then I let the kid run, walk, romp, whatever it took to wear her out. After boarding the plane, she was usually so tired, she went to sleep almost immediately. I did this at every changeover point, made sure she got a good snack, too. Belly full, worn out, always made the flight a joy.

I sort of thought the thread was about general nightmares that we have all been dealt with. As we have travelled/

Forum List

Back