Faith Is A Simple Test: To Find Out If You Are Teachable?

I am increasingly sure that Christianity is, and has been a joke, and an abuse, and it actually is Paulism. This sounds like evangelical chatter, possibly Southern Baptist. Jesus is another matter. Those important figures celebrated in other religions also are worth considering, along with our own individual thoughts. No human, past or present, from any culture across the world, actually knows anything about the Creator.

I am eschewing organized religion while recognizing the innate experience known as spirituality. Light a candle, say a prayer, send your spiritual energy across the miles to those in need. Maybe recognize the wisdom of the Ancient Ones that comes down to each of us humans. It is in every person's DNA. It is so much larger than can be contained in one single religion. I'm not saying that Jesus is not part of this. I'm saying that He is.

For me, it is time to return to my ancestral roots.
There are many different denominations, interpretations and applications of Christianity, as diverse and unique as each person, group or culture.

My best advice I can give you or anyone else is not to limit Christianity to only what you see or say it is, especially if yiu have a negative bias.

Christianity means living by the spirit of Charity for all.

Lysistrata if you think of Christian history and religion as only the ABUSE, and you call real authentic spiritual living and practice something else, then the REAL truth you see in life is "what is MEANT by God/Universal laws" and the REAL meaning of true spiritual Justice and Peace for all humanity collectively IS what is MEANT by Jesus fulfilling the role of Messiah/Message for all people and
Being the Authority or Law/Lord over all other laws.

If you keep associating "Christianity" with "negative abuse", we don't have to use that term.

Whatever terms you use for universal laws and principles, and spiritual relations between people and the greater collective body, we can use the terms YOU call these things and have the same conversations, just without religious references or terminology as any type of requirement.

I'm sorry to hear you do not have faith these are based on common, universal principles.

I believe that true justice and peace makes us whole. Whether you call this Jesus or not, this driving force in humanity has to mean that in order to be truly universal for everyone.

There are many different denominations, interpretations and applications of Christianity, as diverse and unique as each person, group or culture.

My best advice I can give you or anyone else is not to limit Christianity to only what you see or say it is, especially if yiu have a negative bias.

Lysistrata if you think of Christian history and religion as only the ABUSE, and you call real authentic spiritual living and practice something else, then the REAL truth you see in life is "what is MEANT by God/Universal laws" and the REAL meaning of true spiritual Justice and Peace for all humanity collectively IS what is MEANT by Jesus fulfilling the role of Messiah/Message for all people and

If you keep associating "Christianity" with "negative abuse", we don't have to use that term.

Whatever terms you use for universal laws and principles, and spiritual relations between people and the greater collective body, we can use the terms YOU call these things and have the same conversations, just without religious references or terminology as any type of requirement.

I'm sorry to hear you do not have faith these are based on common, universal principles.

I believe that true justice and peace makes us whole. Whether you call this Jesus or not, this driving force in humanity has to mean that in order to be truly universal for everyone.

I have found true Christianity rarely, sometimes among Episcopalians. Otherwise, I think back to the experience in my youth in the 1960s, when I made the decision to leave Catholicism. Me and my friends found a place in my town where the choice was a wooden bench or a spot on the floor in front of a fireplace and the adults acted happy to see long-haired teenagers in jeans wearing army jackets with Sergeant Pepper's patches. we sat in silent contemplation until someone in the congregation was inspired to speak.

Where was this. The Quaker Meeting House on Highland Avenue, part of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. Over 50 years have gone by. When the Friends ask for something, my heart and my wallet is open. To me, the Quakers have been the true examples of living the life that Jesus wanted. They even approached Hitler to ask how much money they had to give him to free the Jews. I fully trust them. When I lived in Maryland I used to visit the Meeting House, rebuilt in 1826, and walk through the graveyard just to visit the dead and let them help me clear my thoughts. These people who market themselves in public nowadays as "Christians" are nothing.

People can be unteachable by man's standards, but open to God teaching them.

Who is to judge whether someone is teachable or not except God?

JAG

I find the tell tale standard of where someone is spiritually in their development is being able to forgive and interact equally with other people or groups they most oppose, cannot stand or conflict with.

Matthew 6:14-15

If we forgive others, God forgives us.

If we do not forgive others, God does not forgive us.

We cannot judge others, without being held to the same standards.

This way, God holds each person to their own words. We can help each other as neighbors in Christ to "judge not, but judge righteous judgment"

To remove the beams or biases from our own eyes in order to help neighbors do the same.

Since we all have biases and difficulty forgiving others, this makes us equal in Christ, as many strengths as weaknesses and as many right and good points as points in need of correction.

In Jesus name, let us all prepare to agree and unite in receiving God's perfect justice and corrections with love that encompasses and compels all humanity.

Amen
Thanks for your input.
You stated some blessed truths.
God Bless.

JAG

``

No. Faith is the opposite of teaching. Faith is dictation.
Its never been that way in my life and I have been a Christian
for many decades. God has always been a kindhearted, patient,
and compassionate faith-Teacher to me. He has never dictated
anything. Never treated me as a robot to be programed.

Best Regards,

JAG

``

there is no god, supreme being, etc

This is nothing NEW. God has discarded you. As a result, calamity of their own making comes upon them. (Pr. 1:25-31)

You have no value to God (Rom. 3:12). The words form God's mouth (the Holy Scriptures) have become poisonous to you, you can't stand the idea of being judged because you are enjoying your sinful activity. (Rom 3:13-4).

Being "unrighteous" you attempt to use your words to bring injury to those who do fear God. (Ps. 64:2-4).

What happens when God is ignored? Men become nothing more than animals, with no moral compass........the strong preying upon weak. Sound familiar? Like the basic tenet of a Darwinian cultist? (Prov. 1:10-19).

Another victim of God who has turned the wicked over to their own depravity? No one can find God if at first he/she does not seek Him. If you do not seek Him you will not fear His wrath........nor can you know His love for you.

In essence you refuse to walk in "righteousness" because you have never known the fear of God. (you have never been placed to the test of this reality called LIFE). You act as if you are immortal. Its the fear of God that keeps people from engaging in evil/wickedness. (Ps. 16:6). What else but sinful activity can one expect from any individual that does not fear God? You have no reason to bind yourself to the moral laws of God (Ps. 36:1-4)

What happens to the man that refuses to fear God? You refuse to walk in the ways of righteousness (Rom. 3:10-11). It first starts with the denial of God's existence, and this denial leads to corruption of the spirit. (Ps. 14:1-4).

And.......because man denies God, God turns them over to their own depravity (Rom. 1:28).......to eat, drink, and be merry, then this vapor called life suddenly disappears as if it never existed, next.... THE JUDGEMENT regardless of your lack of faith, you will be judged and the wheat will be separated from the chaff.

When you give up on God......God gives up on you, even the longsuffering of God has its limits.

This is nothing NEW. God has discarded you. As a result, calamity of their own making comes upon them. (Pr. 1:25-31)

You have no value to God (Rom. 3:12). The words form God's mouth (the Holy Scriptures) have become poisonous to you, you can't stand the idea of being judged because you are enjoying your sinful activity. (Rom 3:13-4).

Being "unrighteous" you attempt to use your words to bring injury to those who do fear God. (Ps. 64:2-4).

What happens when God is ignored? Men become nothing more than animals, with no moral compass........the strong preying upon weak. Sound familiar? Like the basic tenet of a Darwinian cultist? (Prov. 1:10-19).

Another victim of God who has turned the wicked over to their own depravity? No one can find God if at first he/she does not seek Him. If you do not seek Him you will not fear His wrath........nor can you know His love for you.

In essence you refuse to walk in "righteousness" because you have never known the fear of God. (you have never been placed to the test of this reality called LIFE). You act as if you are immortal. Its the fear of God that keeps people from engaging in evil/wickedness. (Ps. 16:6). What else but sinful activity can one expect from any individual that does not fear God? You have no reason to bind yourself to the moral laws of God (Ps. 36:1-4)

What happens to the man that refuses to fear God? You refuse to walk in the ways of righteousness (Rom. 3:10-11). It first starts with the denial of God's existence, and this denial leads to corruption of the spirit. (Ps. 14:1-4).

And.......because man denies God, God turns them over to their own depravity (Rom. 1:28).......to eat, drink, and be merry, then this vapor called life suddenly disappears as if it never existed, next.... THE JUDGEMENT regardless of your lack of faith, you will be judged and the wheat will be separated from the chaff.

When you give up on God......God gives up on you, even the longsuffering of God has its limits.
all myths and fairytales--you have be brainwashed like the hitlerjugend

God has always been a kindhearted, patient,
and compassionate faith-Teacher to me. He has never dictated
anything. Never treated me as a robot to be programed.
Hmm... God talks to you? Okay, I can't account for that.

all myths and fairytales--you have be brainwashed like the hitlerjugend
Yeah......its the world that has the problem.......not you? :abgg2q.jpg: Over 9/10th of the world's population are brainwashed. Do you know what percentage of the world's population are human seculars..aka., atheists? About 7%....with the majority holding your opinion residing in communist China? About 200 million out of 7 billion +. Why does this not surprise anyone? How's that for a strawman.......you side with the CHICOMS mindset.

What? Are the majority of those you engage gullible enough to argue against your subjective STRAW MAN? And your lack of faith effects Me how? Its not you that will be the judge nor do I like you seek the accolades of this world. I know where righteous judgement comes from. THE BOOK OF LIFE.

"He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him.......the word that I have spoken, will judge him on the last day." -- John 12:48

"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened (Holy Scriptures), and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things written in the books." -- Rev. 20:12

The book of James makes it explicitly clear.........one of the books that will judge us is the "PERFECT LAW OF LIBERTY"....aka, the New Testament of Grace found in the Holy Scriptures. (James 2:12)

Will only those who accept the law being revealed in scripture be the only ones judged by the law? The Apostle Paul makes it clear, the Law of Christ (the perfect law of liberty) will also judge those who reject the law as well as those who abide within the Law of Christ (Gal. 6:2)

Jesus states, "I am the way, the truth and the LIFE........" there is only one way and that is through the advocacy of Christ Jesus (John 14:6)

Last edited:
Yeah......its the world that has the problem.......not you? :abgg2q.jpg: What? Are the majority of those you engage gullible enough to argue against your subjective STRAW MAN? And your lack of faith effects Me how? Its not you that will be the judge nor do I like you seek the accolades of this world. I know where righteous judgement comes from. THE BOOK OF LIFE.

"He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him.......the word that I have spoken, will judge him on the last day." -- John 12:48

"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened (Holy Scriptures), and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things written in the books." -- Rev. 20:12

The book of James makes it explicitly clear.........one of the books that will judge us is the "PERFECT LAW OF LIBERTY"....aka, the New Testament of Grace found in the Holy Scriptures. (James 2:12)

Will only those who accept the law being revealed in scripture be the only ones judged by the law? The Apostle Paul makes it clear, the Law of Christ (the perfect law of liberty) will also judge those who reject the law as well as those who abide within the Law of Christ (Gal. 6:2)

Jesus states, "I am the way, the truth and the LIFE........" there is only one way and that is through the advocacy of Christ Jesus (John 14:6)
How unfortunate for the vast majority of humans that have ever existed!

immoral horseshit

How unfortunate for the vast majority of humans that have ever existed!

immoral horseshit
Yeah........that poor 93% of the world's population are brainwashed, its the world that has the problem for accepting their place as inferior to the "Creator". :question: That must be correct since the progressive view point is that a consensus leads to facts. No? :dunno: So another in agreement with the CHICOMS?

This is much like that Has Been QB from San Francisco ........thaking a knee in rebellion. The problem is.....he literally was not the first athlete to "TAKE A KNEE" in protest, that honor goes to Tonya Harding. :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
Yeah........that poor 93% of the world's population are brainwashed, its the world that has the problem for accepting their place as inferior to the "Creator". :question: That must be correct since the progressive view point is that a consensus leads to facts. No? :dunno: So another in agreement with the CHICOMS?
I dont know what any of that embarrassing, insane rambling os supposed to mean. But the vast majority of humans that have ever lived and will ever live had, have, and will have no use for your embarrassing iron age mythology. And the idea it is the only way is immoral horseshit, not least of all because of this reason.

God/Goddess seems to be highly conversational and multi-lingual.

There is no use in arguing about religion, given the number of religions in this world, as well as the number of people who don't want to belong to any of them. People believe in so many different things, and yet the majority are really good people. But so many times they get suckered into a belief that one living human being actually knows what the Creator wants and that others don't and this "religious leader" is arrogant enough to run with it.

Just an interesting side note: I recently watched the movie Bohemian Rhapsody, which was about the life of Freddy Mercury, the late lead singer of the rock group, Queen. I never was a fan, but it was very interesting in several aspects, one being that he once proposed to his girlfriend, but after coming out as bi, at least, he still insisted that she be near him all the time, and when he died of AIDS, he treated her as his wife and gave her the motherlode, something like 75% of everything he owned, which was quite a bit.

From a religious perspective, he was a Zoroastrian, by birth in Zanzibar, now a part of Tanzania, which at the time gave him British citizenship. I never thought that there were any Zoroastrians left on the planet. In the movie, he takes leave of his father and says: good thoughts, good speech, good actions. I looked up Zoroastrianism. It is one of the oldest continually practiced religions in the world, and this was an accurate summation of its creed. I was just channel-flipping, but I learned a lot about the universal code that most humans have no matter how they express it. I think that we all have to go back to the basics here.

CHRISTianity is Christ.

It's.....right there in the name.

Clyde 154 you fkd up
1. yes--yes---key word -BELIEVE = NO PROOF
2. most of the world doesn't believe in christianity --- you have MANY beliefs = it's all made up-fake - you can make up anything
a. christianity has many different beliefs
3. the christians rape children!!!! then the hierarchy tried to cover it up!!
..the ''christians'' TORTURED people
..the christians punished someone for saying the Earth is not the center of the universe
= they keep changing their beliefs/THEY can't follow their own rules/they change their rules
4. still, you have not proven there is a god

Lol, whut?

Don't be stupider than you have to be, kid. I have no faith in any god.
You admitted you have faith in no God/gods without any evidence. I was right.

You shouldn't be stupider than you have to be, gramps.

You admitted you have faith in no God/gods without any evidence. I was right.

You shouldn't be stupider than you have to be, gramps.
Lmao!!! No, I didn't.

But your desperation to fit me into your mold is amusing.

Faith in Truth Justice Peace and Love for all Humanity fulfills all paths and cultural laws and traditions of all tribes, groups and nations.

Equal Justice Under Law affects all people.

The Golden Rule of treating others as we want for ourselves applies to all

Lysistrata The solution is for all people and groups to practice what we preach. For sake of Justice and Peace, which collectively is the meaning of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

I agree with you to the extent that there is a universal spirit among most people that embodies these precepts. Jesus taught them, as many others have across the world in many different cultures. But this aggressive crap has got to stop. There is so much in "Christianity" that has to get dumped. I first experienced the Catholics. Now there is this fundie evangelical movement, and the totally idiotic idea that somehow the meanderings of such humans as Saul, Timothy, John of Patmos actually mean anything and actually are the voice of the Creator just because a committee decided to dump them in a book that actually has very little to do with Jesus. Back to basics. Forward to joining in the universal spirit.

I have found true Christianity rarely, sometimes among Episcopalians. Otherwise, I think back to the experience in my youth in the 1960s, when I made the decision to leave Catholicism. Me and my friends found a place in my town where the choice was a wooden bench or a spot on the floor in front of a fireplace and the adults acted happy to see long-haired teenagers in jeans wearing army jackets with Sergeant Pepper's patches. we sat in silent contemplation until someone in the congregation was inspired to speak.

Where was this. The Quaker Meeting House on Highland Avenue, part of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. Over 50 years have gone by. When the Friends ask for something, my heart and my wallet is open. To me, the Quakers have been the true examples of living the life that Jesus wanted. They even approached Hitler to ask how much money they had to give him to free the Jews. I fully trust them. When I lived in Maryland I used to visit the Meeting House, rebuilt in 1826, and walk through the graveyard just to visit the dead and let them help me clear my thoughts. These people who market themselves in public nowadays as "Christians" are nothing.
Thank you Lysistrata
I agree in finding the Quaker/Mennonite on the Christian "left" remain consistent and are credited most visibly for the abolition movement against slavery. Dolly Madison was part of the abolition/Quaker movement while her husband James Madison was a slave owner.

I have good experiences working on peace education and outreach with the local Mennonite church members supporting the Houston Peace and Justice Center and progressive Pacifica Public Radio community programming.

I also find the "Politicized" versions of both left and right cause more hostility and conflict escalation because the anger, fear and hatred is exploited to drive people to donate, protest and vote at the polls.

This is especially unchristian where both left and right wing claiming to be Christian attack the other political side as antichristian instead of resolving issues in Christ to present united solutions in keeping with God's true ideal will which by nature of being universal should include and represent best interests of all people equally as the law requires.

There are too many Christians who believe Jesus came to divide not unite.

There are few with faith the narrow gate of righteousness is where we agree and unite in Christ.

However this same tiny % applies to all people as well. With each person I find the same tiny % even 1 or 2 points we can actually agree on with full heart and mind is the saving grace we need to focus on.

Thus I appeal to you, Lysistrata that we focus on where we agree the true spirit of Christianity resides. Let's promote that as the true example and standard and not advertise the negative that is exploitative abusive and false/fraud. I believe enforcing the correct standard is sustainable and the best way to weed out and correct the false ways that are destructive.

We know the real work to abolish slavery was pushed by people practicing what they preach. The war and politics around slavery was for economic control and made the problems worse. The work behind the scenes to provide education and help Freed Slaves to own property and build their own businesses, as in my historic church district of Freedmen's Town, is the real deal. But politics has destroyed this for show and for corporate favor to get elected to office, all the public power and rewards, while punishing and oppressing the real community leaders and volunteers who are not credited in the media but are established behind the scenes.

I agree that the public practice anc show has become too politicized and corrupted.

The redemption process in Christ Jesus as Restorative Justice will bring forth the meek and humble servants and will expose the folly and confusion over the politics that credits corruption while the real leadership is too busy working and solving problems in real life.

The truth will come out when we are ready and mature enough to stop the political games of denial and projection of blame for show.

Bless you and let's work together to support and promote the real Spiritual fellowship and outreach for peace and justice that is true to its word in being universally beneficial for all humanity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back