Failed by US Healthcare

why all the word games?
Sorry, I keep forgetting, .. huh.. To you and your ilk, all this would appear just some game, and, haha, your comments serious.. LOL. Tell ya what, from now on please feel free to just ignore all such topics. Enjoy that ignorant bliss while you still can.. It's okay. Us adults will somehow continue to manage..

Catagorize it however you like.
Okay then, let's call it a civil rights program implemented in 1965 to protect the elderly as a class from pointless impoverishment and societal abuse. A Medicare for All program would then protect all in general from being further plundered by the billionaires. Of course, as with Social Security and Medicare, the billionaires themselves would be protected, thus leaving nothing for them to cry about. The reason these programs work is because they save "the people" (i.e. the govt) a ton of money in the long run since the billionaires, left to their own devices, always end up stealing significantly from govt revenue.

Let's don't. I'm very tired of people like you blithering on about, "I want this, therefore it's a right." It's not.

My civil rights depend on the government taking 2.9% of my paycheck? LOL!
Yep, they hold it for ya 'cause they know you'll just gamble it away or blow it all on booz otherwise. HAHAHA!

So now you're saying you have a "civil right" to have the government assume you're a dissolute, immature moron who needs to be handheld and spoonfed like a child your whole life?

but you said "let's call it a civil rights program". I won't be calling it that
Fine. Don't have a cow!

Meanwhile, from that FindLaw link you somehow glossed over..
Civil rights are an expansive and significant set of rights that are designed to protect individuals from unfair treatment; they are the rights of individuals to receive equal treatment (and to be free from unfair treatment or discrimination) in a number of settings -- including education, employment, housing, public accommodations, and more -- and based on certain legally-protected characteristics.

That's what they are. Legally. Whatever else you may imagine them to be (or not to be) is no doubt comical, but neither here nor there.

Could you please actually READ your own quote and then explain to us how that coincides with YOUR statement of why Medicare for All - or Social Security, for that matter - is a "civil right"?

Catagorize it however you like.
Okay then, let's call it a civil rights program implemented in 1965 to protect the elderly as a class from pointless impoverishment and societal abuse. A Medicare for All program would then protect all in general from being further plundered by the billionaires. Of course, as with Social Security and Medicare, the billionaires themselves would be protected, thus leaving nothing for them to cry about. The reason these programs work is because they save "the people" (i.e. the govt) a ton of money in the long run since the billionaires, left to their own devices, always end up stealing significantly from govt revenue.

Let's don't. I'm very tired of people like you blithering on about, "I want this, therefore it's a right." It's not.

I do think that's how they see they concept of rights - stuff they want government to provide for them.

Last edited:
progressive and conservative health law experts alike say the legal basis for Medicare for All has already been laid by vast government health insurance programs like Medicare itself...

And this is exactly why sane people opposed Medicare in the first place (and still do). They knew it would be used as a precedent for nationalizing health care entirely. Of course their concerns were dismissed as a "slippery slope fallacy". But your post proves they were right.

Last edited:
See, I like things to make sense. For example, the phrase "rights to bodily integrity" directly implies rights to sound health.

"rights to bodily integrity"

Doesn't mean what you think it means - and there is no room for interpretation

Bodily integrity is the inviolability of the physical body and emphasizes the importance of personal autonomy and the self-determination of human beings over their own bodies. In the field of human rights, violation of the bodily integrity of another is regarded as an unethical infringement, intrusive, and possibly criminal

meaning - personal responsibility

Bodily integrity - Wikipedia

Not everything. Only the things authorized by the Constitution. See, unlike you, the founders didn't want government running every goddamned thing.

again, they raped their slaves and shit in chamber pots... I'm not really keen on following their example.

Okay then, let's call it a civil rights program implemented in 1965 to protect the elderly as a class from pointless impoverishment and societal abuse.

So you'd rather die at 66 of a treatable disease because no one would insure you or hire you at that age?

If i may 'puff chest' , i've 3 decades of front line experience.

I've seen a lot of humanity loose it all due to an illness

any system has it's flaws , and ours is capitalist medicine

a capitalist system has only capitalist remedies

get your head around that

~S~

Not everything. Only the things authorized by the Constitution. See, unlike you, the founders didn't want government running every goddamned thing.

again, they raped their slaves and shit in chamber pots... I'm not really keen on following their example.

Okay then, let's call it a civil rights program implemented in 1965 to protect the elderly as a class from pointless impoverishment and societal abuse.

So you'd rather die at 66 of a treatable disease because no one would insure you or hire you at that age?

What I'd "rather" is what makes something a civil right? LOL!

Could you please actually READ your own quote and then explain to us how that coincides with YOUR statement of why Medicare for All - or Social Security, for that matter - is a "civil right"?
You lie with gusto yet remain dull. I've made the parallels plain. Next time you feel entitled to piss all over my stuff kindly piss off instead and seek professional help with whatever makes you easily the most miserable person on this board.

"rights to bodily integrity"

Doesn't mean what you think it means - and there is no room for interpretation
Interpreting "bodily integrity" as "sound health" makes more intuitive sense than its actual definition. That was the point. Duh!
Ymmv. Good for you.

Please puff it loud and often. These corporate profit uber alles shits need constant reality reminding.

66.5 percent of all bankruptcies were tied to medical issues —either because of high costs for care or time out of work. An estimated 530,000 families turn to bankruptcy each year because of medical issues and bills, the research found.
That's what our system does for people who are otherwise willing and able to work and already have jobs.
The number of debtors who cited medical issues as a contributing reason for their bankruptcy actually increased slightly after the law’s implementation — 67.5 percent in the three years following the law’s adoption versus 65.5 percent prior.

The culprit for the lack of improvement was inadequate health-care insurance, according to a co-author of the research, Dr. David U. Himmelstein, a distinguished professor at Hunter College and founder of advocacy group Physicians for a National Health Program.

“Unless you’re Jeff Bezos, people don’t have very good alternatives, because the insurance that is available and affordable to people, or that most people’s employers provide them, is not adequate protection if you’re sick,” Himmelstein said.

You lie with gusto yet remain dull. I've made the parallels plain. Next time you feel entitled to piss all over my stuff kindly piss off instead and seek professional help with whatever makes you easily the most miserable person on this board.

I don't lie, EVER, and I don't tolerate leftist morons who think they can buy moral standards with other people's money calling me a liar simply because they don't like hearing the truth.

The only thing you've made plain is that your reading comprehension is equally as bad as your thinking capabilities. You've "made the parallels plain" only in the sense that you've made it plain that you want there to be parallels, and thus will believe that without reference to facts, logic, or your own fucking quote.

Also, here's a little newsflash about the real world outside your leftist daycare where they applaud your splendor in breathing in and out: I will feel entitled to piss on every bullshit word that emanates from your fucking keyboard if it amuses me, because I AM entitled to do so. It's called "free speech", shitbird, and this is me ALSO pissing on your juvenile attempts to order me to let you talk without opposition. If you can't handle that, it is entirely your choice to run away crying, rant and rave in impotent fury, or man the fuck up.

Please puff it loud and often. These corporate profit uber alles shits need constant reality reminding.
i was one of their minions Grumble.....
soylent_green_logo_l1.jpg

~S~

Learning from our mistakes exposes us as human, sparky. Repeating them ad nauseum only reveals robotic insanity.

Forum List

Back