Failed by US Healthcare

Is there a Go Fund Me to help Tommy grow a brain?
Still not chipped in Sue ?

You know what's pathetic Tommy is you don't give a crap about this kid and haven't donated one red cent yourself. You only care about the issues your overlords have pounded into your thick skull: that through controlling all the healthcare of the nation they can take total control over the population. Not being satisfied that this has happened in your nation, you have to find people who are suffering over here to meddle with.

So really, spare me your false compassion. Your overlords have control over you--goody for you. They don't have control over us. Your totalitarian heart is just going to have to live with that Tommy, however difficult it is for you.
Yes, you can see that this kids family are enjoying their "freedom" right now. Having to beg in order to pay your bills really supports your dignity as an individual.

You still havent put a cent in babe. If you dont like the family do it for America !!! (And "freedom" natch)

Not your babe Tommy. Will never be your babe, mark it. That's for starters.

For enders, Go Fund Me is not begging. But drinking water in a hospital out of a vase---now there's some dignity
You are such a hypocrite. Cant you and the other muppets on here spare a dollar between you ?

Only a leftist imbecile - but I repeat myself - could be dumb enough to think "hypocrite" means "someone who doesn't practice what I preach".

What the fuck are you talking about now???
What (the fuck) would you call it???
(If I could make it any bigger or bolder I would!)

Huh? So I guess the post you're freaking out about was this?
Since you clearly don't think guaranteeing a minimal standard of healthcare should be considered a civil liberty (still no surprise), then what would you call it?

I assumed the question was rhetorical. I don't really care what you call it. It's just not a civil liberty. But to answer your question, so you don't wet yourself, I guess I'd call it "guaranteeing a minimal standard of healthcare".

Last edited:
Oh, chill. Obviously adding strikethrough is not an issue, derp. What did you imagine it was for? How do categorize Medicare if not a civil right or liberty?

Oh, chill. Obviously adding strikethrough is not an issue, derp. What did you imagine it was for? How do categorize Medicare if not a civil right or liberty?

Catagorize it however you like. I dunno, "government program"?

Last edited:
Catagorize it however you like.
Okay then, let's call it a civil rights program implemented in 1965 to protect the elderly as a class from pointless impoverishment and societal abuse. A Medicare for All program would then protect all in general from being further plundered by the billionaires. Of course, as with Social Security and Medicare, the billionaires themselves would be protected, thus leaving nothing for them to cry about. The reason these programs work is because they save "the people" (i.e. the govt) a ton of money in the long run since the billionaires, left to their own devices, always end up stealing significantly from govt revenue.

And you want to place your health in the hands of Trump instead?

Yup, just like he's in charge of the military, building the roads, and all the other things you have with civilization.

Frankly, that it took 240 years to get to a crazy person is kind of amazing in and of itself, but the system functions pretty well even with a crazy person in charge.

Now go away, little boy, the grownups are talking.

And you want to place your health in the hands of Trump instead?

Yup, just like he's in charge of the military, building the roads, and all the other things you have with civilization.

Not everything. Only the things authorized by the Constitution. See, unlike you, the founders didn't want government running every goddamned thing.

Now go away, little boy, the grownups are talking.

Yes, yes. Posturing is all you got. Go with that.

Okay then, let's call it a civil rights program implemented in 1965 to protect the elderly as a class from pointless impoverishment and societal abuse. A Medicare for All program would then protect all in general from being further plundered by the billionaires. Of course, as with Social Security and Medicare, the billionaires themselves would be protected, thus leaving nothing for them to cry about. The reason these programs work is because they save "the people" (i.e. the govt) a ton of money in the long run since the billionaires, left to their own devices, always end up stealing significantly from govt revenue.

Okay then, let's call it a civil rights program implemented in 1965 to protect the elderly as a class from pointless impoverishment and societal abuse.

My civil rights depend on the government taking 2.9% of my paycheck? LOL!

Okay then, let's call it a civil rights program implemented in 1965 to protect the elderly as a class from pointless impoverishment and societal abuse.

Oh good grief. Medicare has nothing to do with civil rights. Seriously, if the only way you can sell your ideas is by torturing the English language with constant equivocation - that should tell you something about what you're trying to sell.

Oh good grief. Medicare has nothing to do with civil rights. Seriously, if the only way you can sell your ideas is by torturing the English language with constant equivocation - that should tell you something about what you're trying to sell.

Ah, so you said "Catagorize it however you like." and now your panties are all atwist and you're pretending to give a fuck. I think all can clearly see who the used car salesman is here. Never grow up. Please!

Ah, so you said "Catagorize it however you like." and now your panties are all atwist and you're pretending to give a fuck. I think all can clearly see who the used car salesman is here. Never grow up. Please!

Can you make arguments without all the vitriol, or is that the point?

Anyway, categorize it however you like for your own uses, but you said "let's call it a civil rights program". I won't be calling it that, because it's not. Clearly though, you're desperate to rename it something. Why?

but you said "let's call it a civil rights program". I won't be calling it that
Fine. Don't have a cow!

Meanwhile, from that FindLaw link you somehow glossed over..
Civil rights are an expansive and significant set of rights that are designed to protect individuals from unfair treatment; they are the rights of individuals to receive equal treatment (and to be free from unfair treatment or discrimination) in a number of settings -- including education, employment, housing, public accommodations, and more -- and based on certain legally-protected characteristics.

That's what they are. Legally. Whatever else you may imagine them to be (or not to be) is no doubt comical, but neither here nor there.

Last edited:
progressive and conservative health law experts alike say the legal basis for Medicare for All has already been laid by vast government health insurance programs like Medicare itself, the nearly 55-year-old program covering 60 million seniors. And the federal government’s power to regulate private insurers and health care providers under a host of other programs has been supported by the courts.
{..snip..}
Jonathan Adler, a legal professor at Case Western University who helped mount the unsuccessful challenge to nationwide ACA insurance subsidies in the 2015 Supreme Court case King v. Burwell, largely agrees that Medicare for All is on solid legal footing.

“I think there are far fewer constitutional issues with Medicare for All than there were with the ACA, largely because insofar as Medicare for some is constitutional, Medicare for all would be as well,” he said.

but you said "let's call it a civil rights program". I won't be calling it that
Fine. Don't have a cow!

Meanwhile, from that FindLaw link you somehow glossed over..
Civil rights are an expansive and significant set of rights that are designed to protect individuals from unfair treatment; they are the rights of individuals to receive equal treatment (and to be free from unfair treatment or discrimination) in a number of settings -- including education, employment, housing, public accommodations, and more -- and based on certain legally-protected characteristics.

That's what they are. Legally. Whatever else you may imagine them to be (or not to be) is no doubt comical, but neither here nor there.

Seriously though, why all the word games? What are you trying to paper over?

Forum List

Back