Facts About Judaism

I want to underline that my post was about the Jewish stance overall. The guys here are quite open and ready for discussion.
Understood. And I'll add the Jewish stance in communities is also understood. Too many 'Christians' dropping by because of a declared interest in the Jewish faith only to do the bait and switch and start trying to convert those of the Jewish faith to Christianity.

B
That's odd because most of the Jews who post on this board are atheists.
I am a Jew and certainly NOT an atheist.
I see religion as a very private thing.

Why do Jews feel they have to shout their religion from the rooftops?
Probably because we're rare.

But I'm not sure what exactly You're talking about,
the board is full of threads about Christianity and Islam,
and a handful about Judaism, it isn't even remotely "shouting from the rooftop".

However I'm still curious,
can You give a representative example?

I want to underline that my post was about the Jewish stance overall. The guys here are quite open and ready for discussion.
Understood. And I'll add the Jewish stance in communities is also understood. Too many 'Christians' dropping by because of a declared interest in the Jewish faith only to do the bait and switch and start trying to convert those of the Jewish faith to Christianity.
Your post reminded me of some Christians who lead some YouTube channels about preaching in Israel. And I have to admit that they at first tricked me and I thought - What is going on? Why the Jews are so nervous and violent towards them?

But after viewing a number of such videos, the things began to clear up a bit.

Your post reminded me of some Christians who lead some YouTube channels about preaching in Israel. And I have to admit that they at first tricked me and I thought - What is going on? Why the Jews are so nervous and violent towards them?

Judaism is a beautiful, powerful faith. Christians should remember that Jesus insisted he came here for the lost, that those who are well have no need of a physician. I am one of the lost, and I believe my faith is beautiful and powerful as well as it landed me in the lap of God so-to-speak. While Catholics read through the Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) every three years, our focus is on the New Testament. Rabbis and Jewish commentaries--and some Jewish services--have only served to enrich me further. I owe a great debt to both faiths. Christians should leave those of the Jewish faith alone. God has an everlasting Covenant with them, and it cannot be a a good idea to come between God and any of His people--even with the best of intentions. God's intentions are beyond best and outweigh ours.

Judaism is a beautiful, powerful faith. Christians should remember that Jesus insisted he came here for the lost, that those who are well have no need of a physician. I am one of the lost, and I believe my faith is beautiful and powerful as well as it landed me in the lap of God so-to-speak. While Catholics read through the Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) every three years, our focus is on the New Testament. Rabbis and Jewish commentaries--and some Jewish services--have only served to enrich me further. I owe a great debt to both faiths. Christians should leave those of the Jewish faith alone. God has an everlasting Covenant with them, and it cannot be a a good idea to come between God and any of His people--even with the best of intentions. God's intentions are beyond best and outweigh ours.
Not with only Jews, I think. With all people. The Noahide laws. I think one of the main role of Jews is to promote them worldwide.

Not with only Jews, I think. With all people. The Noahide laws. I think one of the main role of Jews is to promote them worldwide.
Remember our conversation about Ya'akov -Yisrael-Yeshurun,
and how the Jewish center near You doesn't try to teach gentiles?

I was pondering on that some 2 weeks ago, it struck me that I didn't think about Chabad.
Wanted to talk with You about that, but then came big news from Israel.

Anyway, one of the points is the term 'international Judaism',
quiet sure we're actually talking about the same things, but I still think it's important to emphasize that the term is incorrect, because there's no such goal to convert the nations.

And btw, there's a whole Noahide village in Ukraine, as far as I know, instructed by Rabbi Sherki, along with other Noahides scattered around the country, and the post-Soviet region.

quiet sure we're actually talking about the same things, but I still think it's important to emphasize that the term is incorrect, because there's no such goal to convert the nations.
That is my understanding as well. Isn't it more about being a light to the Gentiles, not converting them?

That is my understanding as well. Isn't it more about being a light to the Gentiles, not converting them?
Spot on...and no I'm not saying we're anywhere perfect.

You know what proves Torah is G-d's word?
It's full of harsh criticism on Israel,
no other 'covenant' like that.

THAT is sincere love.

Last edited:

I was pondering on that some 2 weeks ago, it struck me that I didn't think about Chabad.
Wanted to talk with You about that, but then came big news from Israel
Yes, I do. I have heard about Chabad and know they promote expanding Jewish teachings.

Btw, I was in Kiev last month and passed by the synagogue near Bessarabka, which belongs to this movement. I had a desire to move in, but couldn't gather guts to do so.

quiet sure we're actually talking about the same things, but I still think it's important to emphasize that the term is incorrect, because there's no such goal to convert the nations
Of course, no one says about overall conversion to Judaism as it meant for the Jews.

btw, there's a whole Noahide village in Ukraine, as far as I know, instructed by Rabbi Sherki, along with other Noahides scattered around the country, and the post-Soviet region
Really? Never heard about that. I will try to find some information in the web.

Wanted to talk with You about that, but then came big news from Israel
Yes, I do. I have heard about Chabad and know they promote expanding Jewish teachings.

Btw, I was in Kiev last month and passed by the synagogue near Bessarabka, which belongs to this movement. I had a desire to move in, but couldn't gather guts to do so.

quiet sure we're actually talking about the same things, but I still think it's important to emphasize that the term is incorrect, because there's no such goal to convert the nations
Of course, no one says about overall conversion to Judaism as it meant for the Jews.

btw, there's a whole Noahide village in Ukraine, as far as I know, instructed by Rabbi Sherki, along with other Noahides scattered around the country, and the post-Soviet region
Really? Never heard about that. I will try to find some information in the web.

Of course I can't attest to all,
but I haven't heard about Chabad ever turning away anyone.

Their main mission is of course to accomodate Jews in every corner of the earth where they may appear, and for that they send thousands of emissaries around the world, to almost every country, just in case, so that no one is left without Kosher food, or a place to stay.

There's a saying "Chabad and Coca-Cola", because everywhere there's a Cola You will find a Beit Chabad, and they of course like to add "even where Cola has not reached yet", and that is not overly exaggerated.

Anyway, they'll usually ask at some point if You're Jewish, or even from the get go, becase they try to 'bring closer the distant', but don't worry about that, just be sincere, and they'll most probably get excited about that, rarely that they get an opportunity to follow in those steps of the Rebbe (reminder: US national day of education).

I'd be glad to hear about the experience, for the good or better.

Rabbi Sherki's organization is Brit-Olam, Noahide world center.
There's information about the communities on the site.

However Rabbi Sherki mostly teaches in Hebrew and French,rarely in English, but both him and Rabbi Manis Friedman are among the most influential thinkers in the Jewish world.
The later I think, You'll appreciate beside this specific topic of discussion, it's all gems.

But here's an example of what we're discussing:

Last edited:
B

and a handful about Judaism, it isn't even remotely "shouting from the rooftop".

A representative example you ask for -
Well before we even get to your name, you have a skull cap as a pictorial representation of what your about. -
Similarly before we even get to fncceo's name, we have a picture of Moshe Dayan, - bit of a giveaway!
You will no doubt counter that I have a Union Jack, but that is not as a display of Nationalism but merely to remind posters on a US forum that I'm looking at things from a different perspective.
'Mindful', - I wouldn't have known, but she let us all know and for no obvious reason.
Ironically the only time I felt I had to reveal my original faith, was in dispute with a Holocaust denier who then accused me of being a Jew.

More importantly -

Britain's Chief Rabbi Warns Of 'Poison' In The Labour Party 'Sanctioned From The Top'
Ephraim Mirvis suggests Jeremy Corbyn is "unfit for office" in stunning election intervention.
By Graeme Demianyk
Huffingdon Post.

Britain’s Chief Rabbi has condemned the “poison” in the Labour Party that has been “sanctioned from the top” in an unprecedented election intervention.
In an article for The Times newspaper, Ephraim Mirvis said that a general election victory for Labour will put the “very soul of our nation” at stake, and said that ahead of the December 12 poll “the overwhelming majority of British Jews are gripped by anxiety”.

He criticised Jeremy Corbyn for being “complicit in prejudice” and “unfit for office”.
The Labour leadership and the party’s structures have been accused of failing to tackle complaints of anti-Semitism quickly enough since Corbyn took charge and several MPs have quit the party over the issue.
Mirvis said people of the Jewish faith have expressed “justified” concern about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.
He said: “Of course, the threats of the far-right and violent jihadism never go away, but the question I am most frequently asked is, ‘What will become of Jews and Judaism in Britain if the Labour Party forms the next government?’
“Raising concerns about anti-Jewish racism in the context of a general election ranks among the most painful moments I have experienced since taking office.”

The Chief Rabbi criticised Corbyn for an “utterly inadequate” response to anti-Semitism within Labour.
He concluded: “I simply pose the question: What will the result of this election say about the moral compass of our country?
“When December 12 arrives, I ask every person to vote with their conscience. Be in no doubt, the very soul of our nation is at stake.”
A Labour spokesman said: “Jeremy Corbyn is a lifelong campaigner against anti-Semitism and has made absolutely clear it has no place in our party and society and that no-one who engages in it does so in his name.
“A Labour government will guarantee the security of the Jewish community, defend and support the Jewish way of life, and combat rising anti-Semitism in our country and across Europe. Our race and faith manifesto sets out our policies to achieve this.”
Rabbi Julia Neuberger, a crossbench peer, told BBC Radio 4′s Today programme this morning that Jewish people would feel “oppressive, uncomfortable, dangerous” if Corbyn becomes PM.
But Labour peer Lord Dubs, who arrived in the UK in 1939 as a six-year-old refugee fleeing the persecution of Jews in Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia, said the Chief Rabbi had “gone too far”.
“I think Jeremy Corbyn himself is personally hurt at the accusations of anti-Semitism,” he told the BBC.
“I don’t believe he is anti-Semitic, even though, under his leadership, things have happened which should have been dealt with much faster.”
On Tuesday morning, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, said that the fact the Chief Rabbi “should be compelled to make such an unprecedented statement at this time ought to alert us to the deep sense of insecurity and fear felt by many British Jews”.

Labour is under investigation by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) for allegedly allowing prejudice against Jewish people to flourish among some members of the party.
Corbyn will launch his party’s race and faith manifesto in Tottenham, north London, on Tuesday with pledges to improve social justice and human rights.
In it, the party says it wants to make the EHRC “truly independent”.

As a lifelong Labour supporter I was shocked and dismayed at the outrageous claims of one of your own. Using his position as a religious leader to interfere in the democratic process of a General Election.
These days it is very difficult to tell if someone is Jewish. They dress the same, talk the same, any that happen to have dark features could be simply of Asian origin not necessarily Jewish.
If however they feel that when for example they go to the workplace, or online, they must declare their Jewishness, it is not surprising that this may irritate others who recognise that religious belief has no place in the workplace or in political debate.

Most of their complaints came from so called anti Semitic remarks on the internet. If no one knew they were Jewish it couldn't have happened. How did they know for certain these attacks came from Labour members? Criticising the Israeli Governments disgraceful policies against the Palestinians is not anti Semitic.

Finally I asked you last week on a 'Political Chic' nonsense thread, why you Jews never defend your position when anti Semitic posts appear, Holocaust denial for example. You chose to ignore my post, so I then asked fncceo, who at least replied with a snap, of a man beating his head against a brick wall. Would you like to elaborate?

B

A representative example you ask for -
Well before we even get to your name, you have a skull cap as a pictorial representation of what your about. -
Similarly before we even get to fncceo's name, we have a picture of Moshe Dayan, - bit of a giveaway!
You will no doubt counter that I have a Union Jack, but that is not as a display of Nationalism but merely to remind posters on a US forum that I'm looking at things from a different perspective.
'Mindful', - I wouldn't have known, but she let us all know and for no obvious reason.
Ironically the only time I felt I had to reveal my original faith, was in dispute with a Holocaust denier who then accused me of being a Jew.

More importantly -

Britain's Chief Rabbi Warns Of 'Poison' In The Labour Party 'Sanctioned From The Top'
Ephraim Mirvis suggests Jeremy Corbyn is "unfit for office" in stunning election intervention.
By Graeme Demianyk Huffingdon Post.

Britain’s Chief Rabbi has condemned the “poison” in the Labour Party that has been “sanctioned from the top” in an unprecedented election intervention.
In an article for The Times newspaper, Ephraim Mirvis said that a general election victory for Labour will put the “very soul of our nation” at stake, and said that ahead of the December 12 poll “the overwhelming majority of British Jews are gripped by anxiety”.

He criticised Jeremy Corbyn for being “complicit in prejudice” and “unfit for office”.
The Labour leadership and the party’s structures have been accused of failing to tackle complaints of anti-Semitism quickly enough since Corbyn took charge and several MPs have quit the party over the issue.
Mirvis said people of the Jewish faith have expressed “justified” concern about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.
He said: “Of course, the threats of the far-right and violent jihadism never go away, but the question I am most frequently asked is, ‘What will become of Jews and Judaism in Britain if the Labour Party forms the next government?’
“Raising concerns about anti-Jewish racism in the context of a general election ranks among the most painful moments I have experienced since taking office.”

The Chief Rabbi criticised Corbyn for an “utterly inadequate” response to anti-Semitism within Labour.
He concluded: “I simply pose the question: What will the result of this election say about the moral compass of our country?
“When December 12 arrives, I ask every person to vote with their conscience. Be in no doubt, the very soul of our nation is at stake.”
A Labour spokesman said: “Jeremy Corbyn is a lifelong campaigner against anti-Semitism and has made absolutely clear it has no place in our party and society and that no-one who engages in it does so in his name.
“A Labour government will guarantee the security of the Jewish community, defend and support the Jewish way of life, and combat rising anti-Semitism in our country and across Europe. Our race and faith manifesto sets out our policies to achieve this.”
Rabbi Julia Neuberger, a crossbench peer, told BBC Radio 4′s Today programme this morning that Jewish people would feel “oppressive, uncomfortable, dangerous” if Corbyn becomes PM.
But Labour peer Lord Dubs, who arrived in the UK in 1939 as a six-year-old refugee fleeing the persecution of Jews in Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia, said the Chief Rabbi had “gone too far”.
“I think Jeremy Corbyn himself is personally hurt at the accusations of anti-Semitism,” he told the BBC.
“I don’t believe he is anti-Semitic, even though, under his leadership, things have happened which should have been dealt with much faster.”
On Tuesday morning, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, said that the fact the Chief Rabbi “should be compelled to make such an unprecedented statement at this time ought to alert us to the deep sense of insecurity and fear felt by many British Jews”.

Labour is under investigation by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) for allegedly allowing prejudice against Jewish people to flourish among some members of the party.
Corbyn will launch his party’s race and faith manifesto in Tottenham, north London, on Tuesday with pledges to improve social justice and human rights.
In it, the party says it wants to make the EHRC “truly independent”.

As a lifelong Labour supporter I was shocked and dismayed at the outrageous claims of one of your own. Using his position as a religious leader to interfere in the democratic process of a General Election.
These days it is very difficult to tell if someone is Jewish. They dress the same, talk the same, any that happen to have dark features could be simply of Asian origin not necessarily Jewish.
If however they feel that when for example they go to the workplace, or online, they must declare their Jewishness, it is not surprising that this may irritate others who recognise that religious belief has no place in the workplace or in political debate.

Most of their complaints came from so called anti Semitic remarks on the internet. If no one knew they were Jewish it couldn't have happened. How did they know for certain these attacks came from Labour members? Criticising the Israeli Governments disgraceful policies against the Palestinians is not anti Semitic.

Finally I asked you last week on a 'Political Chic' nonsense thread, why you Jews never defend your position when anti Semitic posts appear, Holocaust denial for example. You chose to ignore my post, so I then asked fncceo, who at least replied with a snap, of a man beating his head against a brick wall. Would you like to elaborate?

Dude, when are you planning to start making sense?

First you complain about "screaming of the rooftop" when a Rabbi talks about Jew-hatred,
and in the same breath you complain "Jews never defend when anti-semitic posts appear"...:poke:

I don't see proclaiming that the MESSIAH has come and will again return as hurting Jews in the least. It is the total opposite. It is the responsible truth that every TRUE Christian shares. I do believe there is much Christians can (and do) learn from Jews. I also feel that Christians bring the knowledge of a personal relationship with the FATHER, through the MESSIAH, by the way of the COMFORTER (HOLY SPIRIT). I don't see that coming to a full understanding of the MESSIAH necessitates one leaving one's heritage behind. Honestly, I see it as bringing one's heritage to full bloom in a clear light of understanding, love, joy, peace ------ and harmony with GOD.

I don't see proclaiming that the MESSIAH has come and will again return as hurting Jews in the least. It is the total opposite. It is the responsible truth that every TRUE Christian shares. I do believe there is much Christians can (and do) learn from Jews. I also feel that Christians bring the knowledge of a personal relationship with the FATHER, through the MESSIAH, by the way of the COMFORTER (HOLY SPIRIT). I don't see that coming to a full understanding of the MESSIAH necessitates one leaving one's heritage behind. Honestly, I see it as bringing one's heritage to full bloom in a clear light of understanding, love, joy, peace ------ and harmony with GOD.

Well, if your relationship with the Father comes through somebody,
then it's not 'personal' by definition...

Though as His children, it hurts to see the desecration of His Name,
however it's not about hurting Jews, it hurts the Father.

Last edited:

Jesus commissioned his followers to teach the nations all he had taught them. Recall on numerous times he brushed aside the idea that he was the Messiah many Jews were anticipating. Jews were expecting a man who would lead nations. 'Messiah' means anointed by God. We know for a fact, Jesus did not come as a man to lead nations. He was anointed for another purpose, to announce the forgiveness of sins; that God is our Father; that we are to discern the will of God and follow it. Jesus also said those who are healthy have no need of a physician.

So, let's take a look at faithful Jews. They understand their sins are forgiven; they understand God is God. They, and their entire culture has always been about God's Law--discerning it and obeying it.

I've often stated that through the love of God's Law, Jews come to love God; Christians tackle it from another angle: Through love of God, Christians come to love His Law.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back