Facing dire recruiting realities, Navy raises max enlistment age to 41

Yeah so?

Until the military got “woke” they were considered undesirable and kicked out of the service

Tolerance is only going to grow. It's inevitable. Your only option is to find yourself a safe space.

You seem to have forgotten the topic of this discussion in your giddiness over legalized buttfucking in the uniformed services

There are no safe spaces for anyone when the military is too small and too queer to defend us

If I was a soldier, I don't think I'd want to go into a foxhole with someone who wanted to get into my butthole.

If I was a soldier, I don't think I'd want to go into a foxhole with someone who wanted to get into my butthole.
And if you did join and were unwise enough to express and opinion about homosexuality or sex changing you would be the one kicked out with a less than honorable discharge

Thats reason enough not to join in the first place

Because lib “tolerance” is a one-way street

We had communal showers in my AIT at Fort Jackson, and in my duty station in Frankfurt. Also in Advanced Camp in ROTC. I never took a private shower in the Army until my BOQ at QM OBC.

I noticed when I toured the aircraft carrier in Corpus Christi, that it had shower stalls. That was a WWII ship, so I'm sure its the same today. I have heard, but cannot verify, that in the Navy there is no stigma on "sea pussy," on a long surface voyage or any submersion. Private showers would facilitate that, there being little privacy in the bunks (racks?).

If I heard wrong, I'll take your word for it, Admiral. Maybe that was before biological females were allowed on ships at sea.
Pardon me, but your deep-seated homophobia is showing. During my time in the Navy, we had one instance of a couple of allegedly gay male sailors, but it turned out, they just wanted out. Of course, that was before "Don't ask, don't tell".

My kids did serve and have served with both gays and lesbians with absolutely no instances of any trouble. Apparently, you can be a homosexual and still be a good soldier.

Pardon me, but your deep-seated homophobia is showing. During my time in the Navy, we had one instance of a couple of allegedly gay male sailors, but it turned out, they just wanted out. Of course, that was before "Don't ask, don't tell".

My kids did serve and have served with both gays and lesbians with absolutely no instances of any trouble. Apparently, you can be a homosexual and still be a good soldier.
Oh, I knew all that. I served with gay and lesbian soldiers also at a time when they were banned. I sure that you served with more than one. One boy was from Tuscaloosa Alabama, white with that upper-class southern accent that was a cross between British and African-American. Top had it in for him and sent him for a psych eval. Came out "clean." He said, you just tell them you see a vagina in every other inkblot and they think you're straight as hell.

I wasn't being judgemental, nor even talking about being gay, per se. Deprived of female company, or the hope of female company, healthy young men often turn to each other. It is you who are being homophobic by assuming it was a negative and getting defensive.

Oh, I knew all that. I served with gay and lesbian soldiers also at a time when they were banned. I sure that you served with more than one. One boy was from Tuscaloosa Alabama, white with that upper-class southern accent that was a cross between British and African-American. Top had it in for him and sent him for a psych eval. Came out "clean." He said, you just tell them you see a vagina in every other inkblot and they think you're straight as hell.

I wasn't being judgemental, nor even talking about being gay, per se. Deprived of female company, or the hope of female company, healthy young men often turn to each other. It is you who are being homophobic by assuming it was a negative and getting defensive.

That doesn't hardly exist in the military any more. My daughter is assigned to work with a male Major in her staff position. When she was a company commander, her 1st SGT was male, and about half her command was male and the other half female. Her platoon commanders were both males and females.

There have been homosexuals in the military since the Revolutionary War. The only difference is they have had to hide their sexuality due to inherent discrimination. Now we are ending the discrimination and nothing has really changed, other than it is no longer illegal to be a homosexual in the military.

I was 42 when I joined the Army, and often laughed that my kids were older than many I served with.

And yes, as we get older we are more prone to injuries. But also, we also often have more determination, learned from more life experiences. I was not as fast as those decades younger then me, but I did have more endurance which often more than made up the difference. I actually laughed at most of them as they would give me a hard time for being slower in a 2 mile run. But they could not even come close to me on a 3 to 5 mile forced march.

But I was normally called "Gramps", as another guy in my unit had joined at 34 and he was "Pops".
There are guys retiring who are younger than 41.

The only difference is they have had to hide their sexuality due to inherent discrimination.

Actually, that is not quite true.

Even when Winston Churchill was appointed First Lord Admiralty and an Admiral challenged him on changing Navy traditions, Sir Winston responded that the only traditions of the navy were "Rum, sodomy, and the lash".

It was never that homosexuality was discriminated against, it was the problem with espionage. After WWII ended and the Cold War started, the problem was that homosexuality was illegal in all states and almost all countries. The military never cared, but with the increased spying by the Soviets and the risk of that being used for blackmail, the military outlawed it. Simply because a spy could use such to blackmail somebody or they would risk being arrested and tried by civilian authorities for a violation of the multiple sodomy laws on the books at the time.

And in the 1990s, three things happened at almost the same time. Most of the state laws against such interactions were removed, the Soviet Union collapsed, and the military moved to "Don't Ask - Don't Tell". But the military even before that was no going around looking inside of beds, they could not care less. Even at my first duty station we had a guy we all knew was gay. And nobody cared. He barely lived in the barracks, and instead shared a one bedroom apartment with a "roommate".

It was not discrimination, as it was a security risk. Hell, one of the first to repeal sodomy laws was California, and that was not until 1975. I was in North Carolina in 1988 when somehow in a divorce hearing it was revealed that the husband had performed oral sex on his wife in court. And he was arrested, as it was still against the law there. And this is not all fantasy, while in Moscow as a reporter the KGB photographed Joseph Alsop having sex with another man and tried to blackmail him. However, that backfired when he not only refused to give in, but actually publicly announced he was gay and started writing about it publicly (causing one of his lovers to resign during the Ike administration).

It was never about discrimination, but state laws prohibiting it and leaving such individuals open to blackmail and extortion. That was the entire point behind the "Lavender Scare".

Even when Winston Churchill was appointed First Lord Admiralty and an Admiral challenged him on changing Navy traditions, Sir Winston responded that the only traditions of the navy were "Rum, sodomy, and the lash".

It was never that homosexuality was discriminated against, it was the problem with espionage. After WWII ended and the Cold War started, the problem was that homosexuality was illegal in all states and almost all countries. The military never cared, but with the increased spying by the Soviets and the risk of that being used for blackmail, the military outlawed it. Simply because a spy could use such to blackmail somebody or they would risk being arrested and tried by civilian authorities for a violation of the multiple sodomy laws on the books at the time.

And in the 1990s, three things happened at almost the same time. Most of the state laws against such interactions were removed, the Soviet Union collapsed, and the military moved to "Don't Ask - Don't Tell". But the military even before that was no going around looking inside of beds, they could not care less. Even at my first duty station we had a guy we all knew was gay. And nobody cared. He barely lived in the barracks, and instead shared a one bedroom apartment with a "roommate".

It was not discrimination, as it was a security risk. Hell, one of the first to repeal sodomy laws was California, and that was not until 1975. I was in North Carolina in 1988 when somehow in a divorce hearing it was revealed that the husband had performed oral sex on his wife in court. And he was arrested, as it was still against the law there. And this is not all fantasy, while in Moscow as a reporter the KGB photographed Joseph Alsop having sex with another man and tried to blackmail him. However, that backfired when he not only refused to give in, but actually publicly announced he was gay and started writing about it publicly (causing one of his lovers to resign during the Ike administration).

It was never about discrimination, but state laws prohibiting it and leaving such individuals open to blackmail and extortion. That was the entire point behind the "Lavender Scare".

He did in court? :abgg2q.jpg:

He did in court? :abgg2q.jpg:

Haha, not in court, but it came out somehow in testimony. Even the wife who had filed for divorce thought that was outrageous.

I want to say it was the next year that they threw that part of the statute out.

A lot of laws like that remained on the books much longer than they should have. Also why the military takes a dim view of adultery (even if it involves one in the military and another a civilian). Once again, it opens them up for blackmail (like in the "Honey Trap").

A Molested Generation Loses the Will to Survive

A Molested Generation Loses the Will to Survive

9d47ded9182801bb9526801ffca32bdd.jpg

Facing dire recruiting realities, Navy raises max enlistment age to 41

The Navy raised its maximum enlistment age to 41 on Friday for sailors joining the fleet, a nod to the current recruiting struggles plaguing the entire U.S. military.

Before last week’s policy change, the age cutoff for enlisted sailors was 39, with recruits needing to report to boot camp by their 40th birthday.

Under the change, 41-year-olds must report to recruit training by their 42nd birthday and cannot have previously served in the military.

Damn, gong in when most enlisted of that age are retiring.

How old do you really need to be to die in a sinking ship?

That is absolutely insane, it would seem that when you can get a job anywhere, fewer people want to join the military. I went in at 18 and honestly think anyone joining past 22 is going in too late. 41?

Wow, those guys will be considered losers by most everyone in, even if they are prior service. That's how we looked at people joining at 30.
I turned 26 in basic.

Forum List

Back