Facing dire recruiting realities, Navy raises max enlistment age to 41

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

The Navy raised its maximum enlistment age to 41 on Friday for sailors joining the fleet, a nod to the current recruiting struggles plaguing the entire U.S. military.

Before last week’s policy change, the age cutoff for enlisted sailors was 39, with recruits needing to report to boot camp by their 40th birthday.

Under the change, 41-year-olds must report to recruit training by their 42nd birthday and cannot have previously served in the military.

Damn, gong in when most enlisted of that age are retiring.

There isn't a recruitment problem. There is a problem with the idea that our military needs to be as large as it is.
And that comes from the elite globalists & their UNiparty puppets wanting to use the US military as their personal enforcers for the NWO.

If our State Dept & CIA would stop screwing up the rest of the world, we wouldn't need a giant military.
Of course, the Military Industrial Complex can't allow that to happen

The Navy raised its maximum enlistment age to 41 on Friday for sailors joining the fleet, a nod to the current recruiting struggles plaguing the entire U.S. military.

Before last week’s policy change, the age cutoff for enlisted sailors was 39, with recruits needing to report to boot camp by their 40th birthday.

Under the change, 41-year-olds must report to recruit training by their 42nd birthday and cannot have previously served in the military.

When I was in during Reagan we had guys from Nam that were going through basic, again.

And that comes from the elite globalists & their UNiparty puppets wanting to use the US military as their personal enforcers for the NWO.

If our State Dept & CIA would stop screwing up the rest of the world, we wouldn't need a giant military.
Of course, the Military Industrial Complex can't allow that to happen
Same shit that has been going on since ancient Rome was doing it.

See what yous gets from trying to think?

1667911819456.png

That is absolutely insane, it would seem that when you can get a job anywhere, fewer people want to join the military. I went in at 18 and honestly think anyone joining past 22 is going in too late. 41?

Wow, those guys will be considered losers by most everyone in, even if they are prior service. That's how we looked at people joining at 30.

That is absolutely insane, it would seem that when you can get a job anywhere, fewer people want to join the military. I went in at 18 and honestly think anyone joining past 22 is going in too late. 41?

Wow, those guys will be considered losers by most everyone in, even if they are prior service. That's how we looked at people joining at 30.

With so few places of employment offering health care still, this would be a way to get coverage. A 40 year old with a couple kids and a wife could be honestly just looking after their best interests.

With so few places of employment offering health care still, this would be a way to get coverage. A 40 year old with a couple kids and a wife could be honestly just looking after their best interests.

True. Also, cheap housing, slightly better schooling, a stable income for a few years, and learning a trade.

That is what we did in the 1980s when we had 10% unemployment.

There isn't a recruitment problem. There is a problem with the idea that our military needs to be as large as it is.

Actuallly America's military is not very large based on historical numbers.

This is a huge country after all, with interests on all of the world's continents and oceans.

I thought the liberal plan to open up the uniformed services to Trannies and She-Males, so they could get hormonal and surgical treatment , was supposed to increase the number recruits exponentially?

My son is in the Navy. He says it is losing people faster than they can recruit. This is what happens when Marxists are in charge of the country.

liberals-head-up-his-ass.jpg

Actuallly America's military is not very large based on historical numbers.

This is a huge country after all, with interests on all of the world's continents and oceans.

I thought the liberal plan to open up the uniformed services to Trannies and She-Males, so they could get hormonal and surgical treatment , was supposed to increase the number recruits exponentially?

No idea.

My son is in the Navy. He says it is losing people faster than they can recruit. This is what happens when Marxists are in charge of the country.

View attachment 722535

The libs have opened up the military to sexual deviants.

A lot of young ladies in America don't want men in their barracks and showers. A lof of young men don't want to worry about dropping the soap- the military isn't supposed to be like the penitentiary.

Didn't the Navy extend the mandatory retirement age and even enlist those (regardless of age) that knew their way around a Battleship back when Reagan was POTUS to get the Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa, and New Jersey up to snuff?

Maybe they were contractors, I don't remember.

Forum List

Back