Facebook Upholds Trump Ban

If this is simply your way of arguing that you should be banned from facebook, I have to say no.

Just because you are an asshole and just because you are a troll, that does not mean you should be prevented from voicing your opinion. Now, I realize that you absolutely DESPISE liberal values, but the thing about Free speech is recognizing that you need to protect the speech you don't like and not just the speech you do.

So, during an election, do you have bumper stickers for both candidates on your car? So you're not silencing the opposition?
I have no bumper stickers on my car at all. I didn't vote for either, so it would have been stupid to advertise for either.

I realize you aren't particularly bright, but as Xiden would say, "Come on, man".

If this is simply your way of arguing that you should be banned from facebook, I have to say no.

Just because you are an asshole and just because you are a troll, that does not mean you should be prevented from voicing your opinion. Now, I realize that you absolutely DESPISE liberal values, but the thing about Free speech is recognizing that you need to protect the speech you don't like and not just the speech you do.

So, during an election, do you have bumper stickers for both candidates on your car? So you're not silencing the opposition?
I have no bumper stickers on my car at all. I didn't vote for either, so it would have been stupid to advertise for either.

I realize you aren't particularly bright, but as Xiden would say, "Come on, man".
"Just because you are an asshole and just because you are a troll, that does not mean you should be prevented from voicing your opinion."

Does that mean people have to listen to you, or look at your posts on their news feed? Are these people free to choose a social media site that bans trolls like you? Or should the government force all sites host your trolling?

"Just because you are an asshole and just because you are a troll, that does not mean you should be prevented from voicing your opinion."

Does that mean people have to listen to you, or look at your posts on their news feed? Are these people free to choose a social media site that bans trolls like you? Or should the government force all sites host your trolling?
I'm so very sorry that you missed out on so many things growing up.

I took for granted that you were exposed to basic educational opportunities as a kid just as I was. How sad to see that you weren't.

I'm so very sorry that you missed out on so many things growing up.

I took for granted that you were exposed to basic educational opportunities as a kid just as I was. How sad to see that you weren't.

Do you mind skipping the insults and answering my questions?

...but I am very good at insults Why do you seek a world where the jack boot of political correctness stamps out my ability to express my talents?

I certainly do not advocate stamping out your ability to indulge in banality and stultifying orthodoxy, do I?

...but I am very good at insults Why do you seek a world where the jack boot of political correctness stamps out my ability to express my talents?

I certainly do not advocate stamping out your ability to indulge in banality and stultifying orthodoxy, do I?
I'll take that as a "No, I cannot answer your questions because the answers would expose my hypocrisy."

I'll take that as a "No, I cannot answer your questions because the answers would expose my hypocrisy."
I'm not really sure if it is a good idea to advertise that your mind works in those kinds of ways.

I am a fan of free speech, though, so support your right to reveal those inner workings!

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

The board announced Wednesday morning that Facebook needed to decide within six months how long Trump’s suspension would last, or if it would be permanent.

The Advisory Board is definitely not a rubber stamp, either. It suggested some changes many of us felt were in order for a long time:

The initial round of decisions — which touched on alleged hate speech, coronavirus misinformation and references to dangerous organizations — signaled that the board would demand greater clarity from Facebook about its policies, as well as transparency. Before Wednesday’s decision, the board had overturned Facebook’s decisions six times, upheld them twice, and was unable to complete a ruling once.

Found footage of the Zoom meeting for Facebook’s “Oversight Board” as they voted on lifting the ban on President Trump:

61F3489F-7E2A-4BB0-995B-D25BC45236B7.jpeg

Personally I don't care if they ban Trump. As it stands DeSantis may be the one to vote for in 2024.
The issue isn't really Trump, per se.

The issue is the snot-nosed little bolsheviks thinking they can just dictate what people say. They can't, of course, nor will they ever, unless people continue to play along with them and allow them the luxury of dictating the terms of controversy. I, for one, have not and will not ever allow them that luxury.

If you really pay attention to the most vocal of the brown-shirts, they don't care about Trump. All they care about is silencing anyone else who doesn't march lock-step with their Marxist wet dreams. Trump only serves as an excuse to openly demonstrate their anti-American sentiment and to justify their statist hooliganism in their own minds.

Thankfully, they're mental midgets of weak stature and constitution and rather easily demonstrated to be so on the public stage.
The Nazi upper echelon we're also a bunch of weak mental midgets straight out of Hell in many respects, just as it was proven in the end...But they were brilliant when it came to propaganda and the controlling of the mind. That's what these people are also proving as to be their capabilities in life, and what we all should go and continue to study I think, is the fall of the Reich, and how amazing it was that such weak coward's could get away with so much damage, and destruction, before a Godly force gathered would finally bring them to their knee's in the end.

Basically, this all boils down to FB being able to do what they want with their property.
But to act like they actually follow their own rules is a load of bullshit.
People keep posting their rules trump broke when those rules get broke ALL the time. People on there calling for genocide, murder, threats and inciting mobs. And dont get me started on fake news they allow.
But they arent orange and FB and the people that think they did their job are goddamn hacks.
That goes for all social media.
/thread

Basically, this all boils down to FB being able to do what they want with their property.
But to act like they actually follow their own rules is a load of bullshit.
People keep posting their rules trump broke when those rules get broke ALL the time. People on there calling for genocide, murder, threats and inciting mobs. And dont get me started on fake news they allow.
But they arent orange and FB and the people that think they did their job are goddamn hacks.
That goes for all social media.
/thread
Yep, and what needs to really be payed attention too, is the ability or actions of these three big monopolies in question, therefore using their power and influence to stop any alternate competition (Parler etc), from being used or developed that will give American's other options freely to choose from.

They announced it this morning. trump can't go back to Facebook.

They have the right to decide who can be on their site. trump violated the rules over and over again. He made very bad choices so he should take personal responsibility, bad consequences comes with bad choices. He should have been taught that as a child.

Good, this will hurt Facebook. Im surprised they were dumb enough to do it, but you lefties are as dumb as they get.
Yeah, how dare a private firm decide what's in their best interest. Private enterprise...bah humbug.

I guess that doesn't apply to bakeries though if they happen to be Christian. And I never knew a business where it was "in their interest" to ban millions of accounts from speaking an opinion in a free society-- -- -- especially one that not one of them can prove is wrong.
You don't like that the law that bans bakeries from discriminating against a group of citizens? What part of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution don't you get? And no...banning Rump isn't discrimination. Look up the term.

Right-wingers are so funny. They scream night and day that they love the Constitution and the laws of the land until it goes against them! LOL
It wasn't against the law for CITIZENS (key word) to not want to conduct their private property as they see fit.
In fact, PA laws trample on several constitutional rights for CITIZENS (again, key word)
Do you understand now?
facebook isnt private property,, its a public accommodation,,,
Whats the difference
my house is private property,, facebook is open to the public my house isnt,,
Public accommodations. ie a horseshit excuse for government intervention.
well corps. are a creation of government,,

Yes, yes. "You didn't build that". We all owe our left nut to the government. Sorry, no.
when did I say that??

when you sign a contract with the government there are strings attached,,

thats why I like the free market system better and have worked in it for 30 yrs,,
You're parroting the same excuses liberals use when they try to justify government intervention. If you don't like the corporate charter, we can talk. That can be changed. But for fuck's sake don't use it as an excuse for Big Brother.
I'd rather not have government intervention,, if FB would say they dont allow conservative POV then I would be fine with it,, but even their own people said they violated their own rules in banning trump,,
For those who don't remember what the ban was about,

In 2015 when he was still only a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, Mr Trump posted a video calling for a ban on Muslims entering the US.
Facebook refused to take it down and created the “newsworthiness” policy that allowed posts which broke their own guidelines to remain up because of public interest.
During 2020 Mr Trump used Facebook to post a string of misleading information about Covid-19 and attacked racial justice protesters as “thugs.”
With criticism of the company’s approach to Mr Trump deepening, Facebook announced in June 2020 that it would put labels on posts that violated hate speech and other policies, even if they were from politicians such as Mr Trump.
And they committed to remove any posts which incited violence or voter suppression, regardless of newsworthiness.

But it was Mr Trump’s response to his own supporters attacking the Capitol on 6 January, in an attempt to block the certification of Joe Biden’s election victory, that finally brought about his ban.

Five people, including a police officer died, in the MAGA riot, and Mr Trump eventually posted a video on Facebook and Instagram urging his supporters to leave the Capitol and go home.

But infamously Mr Trump also took the opportunity to tell them: “We love you, you’re very special.”
After the video was posted, Facebook immediately suspended Mr Trump for 24 hours, and Mr Zuckerberg announced on 7 January that the ban was indefinite.
“We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great,” he said.

This is no noble fight to express your truth. T**** repeatedly violated the posting guidelines, he was warned, his posts were flagged, he responded by going to war over Section 230 of the Communications Act to get payback.

He's just an asshole troll.
Calling rioters "thugs" and telling people to "peacefully make their voices heard" isnt a violation of their policy. They said it was a violation, but obviously that isnt a violation. This clear bias and unfair treatment is why they will face extreme repercussions from the GOP the moment they have the power in Congress to do so. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking delusional.

Last edited:
They announced it this morning. trump can't go back to Facebook.

They have the right to decide who can be on their site. trump violated the rules over and over again. He made very bad choices so he should take personal responsibility, bad consequences comes with bad choices. He should have been taught that as a child.

Good, this will hurt Facebook. Im surprised they were dumb enough to do it, but you lefties are as dumb as they get.
Yeah, how dare a private firm decide what's in their best interest. Private enterprise...bah humbug.

I guess that doesn't apply to bakeries though if they happen to be Christian. And I never knew a business where it was "in their interest" to ban millions of accounts from speaking an opinion in a free society-- -- -- especially one that not one of them can prove is wrong.
You don't like that the law that bans bakeries from discriminating against a group of citizens? What part of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution don't you get? And no...banning Rump isn't discrimination. Look up the term.

Right-wingers are so funny. They scream night and day that they love the Constitution and the laws of the land until it goes against them! LOL
It wasn't against the law for CITIZENS (key word) to not want to conduct their private property as they see fit.
In fact, PA laws trample on several constitutional rights for CITIZENS (again, key word)
Do you understand now?
facebook isnt private property,, its a public accommodation,,,
Whats the difference
my house is private property,, facebook is open to the public my house isnt,,
Public accommodations. ie a horseshit excuse for government intervention.
well corps. are a creation of government,,

Yes, yes. "You didn't build that". We all owe our left nut to the government. Sorry, no.
when did I say that??

when you sign a contract with the government there are strings attached,,

thats why I like the free market system better and have worked in it for 30 yrs,,
You're parroting the same excuses liberals use when they try to justify government intervention. If you don't like the corporate charter, we can talk. That can be changed. But for fuck's sake don't use it as an excuse for Big Brother.
I'd rather not have government intervention,, if FB would say they dont allow conservative POV then I would be fine with it,, but even their own people said they violated their own rules in banning trump,,
For those who don't remember what the ban was about,

In 2015 when he was still only a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, Mr Trump posted a video calling for a ban on Muslims entering the US.
Facebook refused to take it down and created the “newsworthiness” policy that allowed posts which broke their own guidelines to remain up because of public interest.
During 2020 Mr Trump used Facebook to post a string of misleading information about Covid-19 and attacked racial justice protesters as “thugs.”
With criticism of the company’s approach to Mr Trump deepening, Facebook announced in June 2020 that it would put labels on posts that violated hate speech and other policies, even if they were from politicians such as Mr Trump.
And they committed to remove any posts which incited violence or voter suppression, regardless of newsworthiness.

But it was Mr Trump’s response to his own supporters attacking the Capitol on 6 January, in an attempt to block the certification of Joe Biden’s election victory, that finally brought about his ban.

Five people, including a police officer died, in the MAGA riot, and Mr Trump eventually posted a video on Facebook and Instagram urging his supporters to leave the Capitol and go home.

But infamously Mr Trump also took the opportunity to tell them: “We love you, you’re very special.”
After the video was posted, Facebook immediately suspended Mr Trump for 24 hours, and Mr Zuckerberg announced on 7 January that the ban was indefinite.
“We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great,” he said.

This is no noble fight to express your truth. T**** repeatedly violated the posting guidelines, he was warned, his posts were flagged, he responded by going to war over Section 230 of the Communications Act to get payback.

He's just an asshole troll.
Calling rioters "thugs" and telling people to "peacefully make their voices heard" isnt a violation of their policy. They said it was a violation, but obviously that isnt a violation. This clear bias and unfair treatment is why they will face extreme repercussions from the GOP the moment they have the power in Congress to do so. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking delusional.
You're not fooling me--I know exactly what he said both during the speech and afterward via video and tweet. He was adding fuel to the fire and he deserved to have his accounts suspended

Why didnt they suspend comma la and that wretched waters character?
Because they arent orange, thats why!
God bless our social media overlords!
:lol:

Why didnt they suspend comma la and that wretched waters character?
Because they arent orange, thats why!
God bless our social media overlords!
:lol:
You are advocating for throwing people off FB for promoting the protests. That's what it amounts to.

Forum List

Back