Facebook Upholds Trump Ban

Why didnt they suspend comma la and that wretched waters character?
Because they arent orange, thats why!
God bless our social media overlords!
:lol:
You are advocating for throwing people off FB for promoting the protests. That's what it amounts to.
I didnt advocate it. I believe in private property. They can do what they want.
They were promoting VIOLENCE and MURDER. Comma la was even bailing out the douchebags so they could go destroy more innocent peoples lives.
I am calling out social medias bullshit.
Trump claimed the election was stolen and said to peacefully protest. These broads went and shit on all the dead peoples graves and called for more.
Their "rules" you people keep throwing out there is bullshit.

Trump's team is not taking the this news very well at all.
But it's really the perfect time for Facebook to make a clear statement that Trump's nonsense can't be tolerated.

Not just for Facebook's benefit of keeping their site clean and rational, but for America's sake. There's great harm in romancing Trumpism any longer and so America is far better off suffering their wrath sooner than later.

If fascism is to be stopped then it must be nipped in the bud. This will also deal with the opposition to Biden's intentions of social change. America's police are already dangerously close to having a foot in the doors of black Americans. It's too close to being the Gestapo's foot in the doors of the Jewish people.

They were promoting VIOLENCE and MURDER.
No they didn't.
For you to say Trump is blameless and Kamala and Maxine are guilty is straight right wing nonsense. I'm very disappointed you can't see the bigger picture here.

“It has been five months since Trump was indefinitely suspended from Facebook for the minor infraction of trying to overthrow the government. I mean, who hasn’t done that?”
~Trevor Noah

No they didn't.
For you to say Trump is blameless and Kamala and Maxine are guilty is straight right wing nonsense. I'm very disappointed you can't see the bigger picture here.
Thats exactly what they did. What did you think they meant, when the said the riots that resulted in people being murdered, assaulted and had their lives ruined, should continue?
Come on, man!

“It has been five months since Trump was indefinitely suspended from Facebook for the minor infraction of trying to overthrow the government. I mean, who hasn’t done that?”
~Trevor Noah
ok boomer :dunno:

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

The board announced Wednesday morning that Facebook needed to decide within six months how long Trump’s suspension would last, or if it would be permanent.

The Advisory Board is definitely not a rubber stamp, either. It suggested some changes many of us felt were in order for a long time:

The initial round of decisions — which touched on alleged hate speech, coronavirus misinformation and references to dangerous organizations — signaled that the board would demand greater clarity from Facebook about its policies, as well as transparency. Before Wednesday’s decision, the board had overturned Facebook’s decisions six times, upheld them twice, and was unable to complete a ruling once.

How are members of the advisory board selected?

They appear to be chosen by Facebook itself

Which if so is a conflict of interest

....... ...............

FaceBook created the oversight panel

to rule on thorny content issues following widespread criticism of its problems responding swiftly and effectively to misinformation, hate speech and nefarious influence campaigns. The board’s earlier decisions — nine of them before Wednesday — have tended to favor free expression over the restriction of content.

The board, which has 20 members and will eventually grow to 40, did not reveal how it voted on Trump’s suspension. It said a minority of members emphasized that Facebook should require users who seek reinstatement after being suspended to “recognize their wrongdoing and commit to observing the rules in the future.”

No they didn't.
Trump has already started to show that he's not going to reform his ways so that he could be allowed back onto Facebook.

Maybe the best thing for Facebook to do is extract a guarantee from Trump, saying he will abide by the rules the same as is expected by all others. If Trump's not capable of at least doing that then there's no point in even offering his 6 months in which he can become a decent person.

Romancing fascism is a very dangerous thing for America.

Only extreme violence can stop fascism once it's foot is in the door. America's police already have their feet in black America's doors!

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

The board announced Wednesday morning that Facebook needed to decide within six months how long Trump’s suspension would last, or if it would be permanent.

The Advisory Board is definitely not a rubber stamp, either. It suggested some changes many of us felt were in order for a long time:

The initial round of decisions — which touched on alleged hate speech, coronavirus misinformation and references to dangerous organizations — signaled that the board would demand greater clarity from Facebook about its policies, as well as transparency. Before Wednesday’s decision, the board had overturned Facebook’s decisions six times, upheld them twice, and was unable to complete a ruling once.

How are members of the advisory board selected?

They appear to be chosen by Facebook itself

Which if so is a conflict of interest

....... ...............

FaceBook created the oversight panel

to rule on thorny content issues following widespread criticism of its problems responding swiftly and effectively to misinformation, hate speech and nefarious influence campaigns. The board’s earlier decisions — nine of them before Wednesday — have tended to favor free expression over the restriction of content.

The board, which has 20 members and will eventually grow to 40, did not reveal how it voted on Trump’s suspension. It said a minority of members emphasized that Facebook should require users who seek reinstatement after being suspended to “recognize their wrongdoing and commit to observing the rules in the future.”
Stop promoting the 'romancing of fascism'!
1930's Germany allowed it when one bullet could have put an end to it.

No they didn't.
Thats exactly what they did. What did you think they meant, when the said the riots that resulted in people being murdered, assaulted and had their lives ruined, should continue?
Come on, man!
Kamala and Maxine were talking about protest, not riots, although I think they both acknowledged that until some meaningful dialogue and change in policing take place, the protests and probably the riots in 4% of protests, would continue.

They're progressives, TN. They are certainly no more radical than MTG threatening the Squad with her AR, or Paul Gosar tweeting the slogan of white nationalist organization America First, after being a guest speaker at their conference in Fla in Feb. They're both on FB.

The attack on the Capitol was completely fueled by T****'s bullshit lies that the Democrats had stolen the election from him and that forces, including the media and most of the government agencies, were conspiring to demolish America. He made people go crazy. When they did, he walked around the WH crowing about it and refused to call in help for hours, then went on Twitter and FB when it was over and kept talking about how the election had been stolen!

He's insane, TN, and very dangerous. There is no whataboutism about two black women that can compare.

Face book to tell Trump to say uncle eh ?? Rotflmbo.

Who are they to even make such demands to begin with ??? Nothing fair about it, because none of these platforms should be involved in politic's at all, and especially these empty headed celebrities.

No they didn't.
Come on, man!
Kamala and Maxine were talking about protest, not riots, although I think they both acknowledged that until some meaningful dialogue and change in policing take place, the protests and probably the riots in 4% of protests, would continue.

They're progressives, TN. They are certainly no more radical than MTG threatening the Squad with her AR, or Paul Gosar tweeting the slogan of white nationalist organization America First, after being a guest speaker at their conference in Fla in Feb. They're both on FB.

The attack on the Capitol was completely fueled by T****'s bullshit lies that the Democrats had stolen the election from him and that forces, including the media and most of the government agencies, were conspiring to demolish America. He made people go crazy. When they did, he walked around the WH crowing about it and refused to call in help for hours, then went on Twitter and FB when it was over and kept talking about how the election had been stolen!

He's insane, TN, and very dangerous. There is no whataboutism about two black women that can compare.
If Trump lied, and did the things you claim, then why hasn't the government taken action against him for alledgedly commiting some very serious offenses ?

They won't because it knows under the Democrat's that it has nothing but political angst against Trump and nothing more. The poor dupes in this nation have been convinced to go along, and attempt to play politic's as well.

They announced it this morning. trump can't go back to Facebook.

They have the right to decide who can be on their site. trump violated the rules over and over again. He made very bad choices so he should take personal responsibility, bad consequences comes with bad choices. He should have been taught that as a child.

Good, this will hurt Facebook. Im surprised they were dumb enough to do it, but you lefties are as dumb as they get.
Yeah, how dare a private firm decide what's in their best interest. Private enterprise...bah humbug.

I guess that doesn't apply to bakeries though if they happen to be Christian. And I never knew a business where it was "in their interest" to ban millions of accounts from speaking an opinion in a free society-- -- -- especially one that not one of them can prove is wrong.
You don't like that the law that bans bakeries from discriminating against a group of citizens? What part of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution don't you get? And no...banning Rump isn't discrimination. Look up the term.

Right-wingers are so funny. They scream night and day that they love the Constitution and the laws of the land until it goes against them! LOL
It wasn't against the law for CITIZENS (key word) to not want to conduct their private property as they see fit.
In fact, PA laws trample on several constitutional rights for CITIZENS (again, key word)
Do you understand now?
facebook isnt private property,, its a public accommodation,,,
Whats the difference
my house is private property,, facebook is open to the public my house isnt,,
Public accommodations. ie a horseshit excuse for government intervention.
well corps. are a creation of government,,

Yes, yes. "You didn't build that". We all owe our left nut to the government. Sorry, no.
when did I say that??

when you sign a contract with the government there are strings attached,,

thats why I like the free market system better and have worked in it for 30 yrs,,
You're parroting the same excuses liberals use when they try to justify government intervention. If you don't like the corporate charter, we can talk. That can be changed. But for fuck's sake don't use it as an excuse for Big Brother.
I'd rather not have government intervention,, if FB would say they dont allow conservative POV then I would be fine with it,, but even their own people said they violated their own rules in banning trump,,
For those who don't remember what the ban was about,

In 2015 when he was still only a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, Mr Trump posted a video calling for a ban on Muslims entering the US.
Facebook refused to take it down and created the “newsworthiness” policy that allowed posts which broke their own guidelines to remain up because of public interest.
During 2020 Mr Trump used Facebook to post a string of misleading information about Covid-19 and attacked racial justice protesters as “thugs.”
With criticism of the company’s approach to Mr Trump deepening, Facebook announced in June 2020 that it would put labels on posts that violated hate speech and other policies, even if they were from politicians such as Mr Trump.
And they committed to remove any posts which incited violence or voter suppression, regardless of newsworthiness.

But it was Mr Trump’s response to his own supporters attacking the Capitol on 6 January, in an attempt to block the certification of Joe Biden’s election victory, that finally brought about his ban.

Five people, including a police officer died, in the MAGA riot, and Mr Trump eventually posted a video on Facebook and Instagram urging his supporters to leave the Capitol and go home.

But infamously Mr Trump also took the opportunity to tell them: “We love you, you’re very special.”
After the video was posted, Facebook immediately suspended Mr Trump for 24 hours, and Mr Zuckerberg announced on 7 January that the ban was indefinite.
“We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great,” he said.

This is no noble fight to express your truth. T**** repeatedly violated the posting guidelines, he was warned, his posts were flagged, he responded by going to war over Section 230 of the Communications Act to get payback.

He's just an asshole troll.
Calling rioters "thugs" and telling people to "peacefully make their voices heard" isnt a violation of their policy. They said it was a violation, but obviously that isnt a violation. This clear bias and unfair treatment is why they will face extreme repercussions from the GOP the moment they have the power in Congress to do so. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking delusional.
You're not fooling me--I know exactly what he said both during the speech and afterward via video and tweet. He was adding fuel to the fire and he deserved to have his accounts suspended

Bag Lady, everybody fools you. It was a noble act to stand up in defense of honest and fair elections. Never thought I'd live to see a presidential election defrauded. Kudos to the heroes at the Capitol who took it on the chin for liberty and integrity. Unlike you, I think my vote counts! I WANT my vote to count. I'd rather lose honestly than win by cheating, lying and stealing like you democrats-- -- worse, to put a brainless corrupted career twat like Bidden in office?

No they didn't.
Come on, man!

The old bitch told people to get confrontational, OL. I mean, come on, man!
Threatened the squad with a gun? I will need a link for that.
That isnt fueling a riot nor is it trying to overthrow our govt. This isnt the place for your hyperbole.

This doesn't mean get confrontational? LOL
1620325713297.png

No they didn't.
Come on, man!

That isnt fueling a riot nor is it trying to overthrow our govt. This isnt the place for your hyperbole.
I'm not using hyperbole. You are.

No they didn't.
Come on, man!

Waters literally called for riots. Trump wanted them to go peacefully. Even said everyone should go home.
Yes, YOUR hyperbole.
"lets keep this peaceful!"
OLs reaction : "he tried to overthrow our govt!!"
:rofl:

They announced it this morning. trump can't go back to Facebook.

They have the right to decide who can be on their site. trump violated the rules over and over again. He made very bad choices so he should take personal responsibility, bad consequences comes with bad choices. He should have been taught that as a child.

Good, this will hurt Facebook. Im surprised they were dumb enough to do it, but you lefties are as dumb as they get.
Yeah, how dare a private firm decide what's in their best interest. Private enterprise...bah humbug.

I guess that doesn't apply to bakeries though if they happen to be Christian. And I never knew a business where it was "in their interest" to ban millions of accounts from speaking an opinion in a free society-- -- -- especially one that not one of them can prove is wrong.
You don't like that the law that bans bakeries from discriminating against a group of citizens? What part of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution don't you get? And no...banning Rump isn't discrimination. Look up the term.

Right-wingers are so funny. They scream night and day that they love the Constitution and the laws of the land until it goes against them! LOL
It wasn't against the law for CITIZENS (key word) to not want to conduct their private property as they see fit.
In fact, PA laws trample on several constitutional rights for CITIZENS (again, key word)
Do you understand now?
facebook isnt private property,, its a public accommodation,,,
Whats the difference
my house is private property,, facebook is open to the public my house isnt,,
Public accommodations. ie a horseshit excuse for government intervention.
well corps. are a creation of government,,

Yes, yes. "You didn't build that". We all owe our left nut to the government. Sorry, no.
when did I say that??

when you sign a contract with the government there are strings attached,,

thats why I like the free market system better and have worked in it for 30 yrs,,
You're parroting the same excuses liberals use when they try to justify government intervention. If you don't like the corporate charter, we can talk. That can be changed. But for fuck's sake don't use it as an excuse for Big Brother.
I'd rather not have government intervention,, if FB would say they dont allow conservative POV then I would be fine with it,, but even their own people said they violated their own rules in banning trump,,
For those who don't remember what the ban was about,

In 2015 when he was still only a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, Mr Trump posted a video calling for a ban on Muslims entering the US.
Facebook refused to take it down and created the “newsworthiness” policy that allowed posts which broke their own guidelines to remain up because of public interest.
During 2020 Mr Trump used Facebook to post a string of misleading information about Covid-19 and attacked racial justice protesters as “thugs.”
With criticism of the company’s approach to Mr Trump deepening, Facebook announced in June 2020 that it would put labels on posts that violated hate speech and other policies, even if they were from politicians such as Mr Trump.
And they committed to remove any posts which incited violence or voter suppression, regardless of newsworthiness.

But it was Mr Trump’s response to his own supporters attacking the Capitol on 6 January, in an attempt to block the certification of Joe Biden’s election victory, that finally brought about his ban.

Five people, including a police officer died, in the MAGA riot, and Mr Trump eventually posted a video on Facebook and Instagram urging his supporters to leave the Capitol and go home.

But infamously Mr Trump also took the opportunity to tell them: “We love you, you’re very special.”
After the video was posted, Facebook immediately suspended Mr Trump for 24 hours, and Mr Zuckerberg announced on 7 January that the ban was indefinite.
“We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great,” he said.

This is no noble fight to express your truth. T**** repeatedly violated the posting guidelines, he was warned, his posts were flagged, he responded by going to war over Section 230 of the Communications Act to get payback.

He's just an asshole troll.
Calling rioters "thugs" and telling people to "peacefully make their voices heard" isnt a violation of their policy. They said it was a violation, but obviously that isnt a violation. This clear bias and unfair treatment is why they will face extreme repercussions from the GOP the moment they have the power in Congress to do so. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking delusional.
You're not fooling me--I know exactly what he said both during the speech and afterward via video and tweet. He was adding fuel to the fire and he deserved to have his accounts suspended

Bag Lady, everybody fools you. It was a noble act to stand up in defense of honest and fair elections. Never thought I'd live to see a presidential election defrauded. Kudos to the heroes at the Capitol who took it on the chin for liberty and integrity. Unlike you, I think my vote counts! I WANT my vote to count. I'd rather lose honestly than win by cheating, lying and stealing like you democrats-- -- worse, to put a brainless corrupted career twat like Bidden in office?
Until a week or two ago, I had you on ignore, but it doesn't surprise me one bit that you swallowed T****'s bullshit whole. Always knew you weren't as smart as you claim.

Trump lost fair and square. If there had been evidence of a malfunction of voting machines nationwide or a Democratic conspiracy to stuff mail in ballots and 60 judges bribed to ignore it, it would have been the biggest news story of the century and every news organization in the country would have been all over it. They'd sell their grandmothers for a story like that. IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

No they didn't.
Come on, man!

Waters literally called for riots. Trump wanted them to go peacefully. Even said everyone should go home.
Yes, YOUR hyperbole.
I know how important it is for you to get in the last word, so there ya go. Doesn't mean you're right, though. I've just said all I've got to say about it. You are like a dog chasing its tail at this point.

No they didn't.
Come on, man!

Yes, YOUR hyperbole.
I know how important it is for you to get in the last word, so there ya go. Doesn't mean you're right, though. I've just said all I've got to say about it. You are like a dog chasing its tail at this point.
That would be you. You have posted to me 15 times in this thread and havent really said anything but hyperbole.
Oh, and that calling for riots isnt actually calling for riots :lol:

Forum List

Back