Face Masks are Voluntary. Up Next: Mask Shaming.

In my community, there is already:

1. Non-essentials shaming. That is, store workers are coming on community pages and shaming people for shopping for what they deem to be NON-ESSENTIALS, and how dare they flood the stores for such.

2. Walking shaming. When people are walking outside they're not stepping aside to let others walk by.

3. Shopping shaming. People are shopping too often, for too many things they don't need. How do the shamers know this? Um..does it ever matter? The shamers have full license to be up in everyone's business, of course.

4. Church shaming. This one is a favorite, mostly toward Christians of course. HOW DARE these Christians exercise their First Amendment Rights to meet together, even if they are socially distancing.

5. Kid shaming. Kids are playing together! And they are having play dates! Outside! Together!

6. Socially distance shaming. This is the big one and I'm shocked the Karen's haven't found a way to carry six foot yardsticks with them. Honestly I think that's next.

By today, Karen's and other busybodies will have a new fixation:

5. Face Mask Shaming. The CDC recommends face masks and people are outside and not wearing them!

By the way, these shamers are having so much fun there is NO WAY this recedes when the virus is done. I detest this, but shamers, busybodies and Karen's are all around, and they've been given free rein. Get used to this.

In the Czech Republic wearing face masks is the law and has been for 3 weeks. It has worked very well. Those who don't wear them are shamed and fined if caught.
Where did they get them? None around here.

Oh you're supposed to make them, or just cover with a scarf.

I will choose not to, and already, the shaming has started on community pages.
Fuck that. I'm not making one and I'm not wearing one. There is not a single case in our county and I've been pushed about as far as I'm going to be.

I haven't been out of this house except to walk outside in over two weeks. I AM NOT WEARING THEM outside, and probably not even if I go to the store. My choice. I'm with you; I've been pushed as far as I can be pushed.

YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DIE incoming, Old Lady. Prepare youself

You don’t want people to die. You’re just lacking the intelligence to understand that your “choice”, if carried out by everyone, would most definitely lead to more deaths than necessary.

You aren’t evil. You’re just stupid.

You're too dense to understand that we take on these "choices" every day. We all do, all the time, and I refuse to play Nanny for everyone just because the world decided to jump on the Panic Bus. I am taking reasonable precautions; I am staying home, I have not left this house in like two weeks. But I have limits.

I went to a hardware store yesterday. The check out counter was covered in Plastic. all the workers wore gloves and while there they washed their hands with sanitizer set up at a sink. Tape was on the floor marking 6 foot...........

BTW I had to go there...............LOL.......a tornado went over my roof a few days ago and I'm having to fix it.............Almost have the damage fixed.

I then went to a store.......Greers........Not Walmart.....cause hardly anyone was there.........so few were there that Even OUR VEHICLES WERE DOING SOCIAL DISTANCING.......... Only about 8 people in the store...........4 workers that I could see...........was Stocked except no TP.........LOL

Then I went to the Dollar store got some drinks because they are cheap there.....same thing......tape on floor.......people not getting near each other........clerk wearing gloves at check out......

NOW I drove by Wally World on the way home..........Parking lot FULL..........Hundreds on top of each other..............a Virus Pandemic spread if I ever could see one......

One more thing.......I saw people at the couple of places I stopped...and I did the same using wipes on their door handles.....when getting in and out of their cars............and THIS IS ALABAMA ROLL TIDE....

This is what's sad--that we all feel the need to explain why we needed to go out, for what reason.

We are Americans. We shouldn't need to explain why we are going out or for what. We should be able to define what is "essential" to us. We shouldn't go out SICK and we shouldn't purposely sneeze/cough/get up in people's grills. Other than that, everyone can mind their own darn business and stay out of mine.

Seriously, KARENS, leave everyone alone
99% of those who get this will NOT DIE............and probably lower.

But the small percentage overloads the system............Given that...we bought them a little time.......and LIFE MUST GO ON..............Some people call it HERD IMMUNITY......and the HERD must go on even as those fall from the HERD...........we are destroying the economy AND LIVELY HOODS OF THE WORLD RIGHT NOW...........

That will NOT END WELL...........but the Small business owners are dying......perhaps that is EXACTLY what the Globalist want.

I agree and I'm not saying this virus is nothing or deserves no attention. It definitely can lead to bad things.

But look at the minions on this board who insist "no complaining" and calling out the shamers means I'm a "victim" and who are endorsing a police state. Honest to goodness, I think this is at LEAST as dangerous as the virus.

You are shaming the shamers. :)

Yes. I'm am calling us to all live as free Americans. Imagine that.

1. Non-essentials shaming. That is, store workers are coming on community pages and shaming people for shopping for what they deem to be NON-ESSENTIALS, and how dare they flood the stores for such.

2. Walking shaming. When people are walking outside they're not stepping aside to let others walk by.

3. Shopping shaming. People are shopping too often, for too many things they don't need. How do the shamers know this? Um..does it ever matter? The shamers have full license to be up in everyone's business, of course.

4. Church shaming. This one is a favorite, mostly toward Christians of course. HOW DARE these Christians exercise their First Amendment Rights to meet together, even if they are socially distancing.

5. Kid shaming. Kids are playing together! And they are having play dates! Outside! Together!

6. Socially distance shaming. This is the big one and I'm shocked the Karen's haven't found a way to carry six foot yardsticks with them. Honestly I think that's next.

5. Face Mask Shaming. The CDC recommends face masks and people are outside and not wearing them!

By the way, these shamers are having so much fun there is NO WAY this recedes when the virus is done. I detest this, but shamers, busybodies and Karen's are all around, and they've been given free rein. Get used to this.

It is not ok to shame a fat people who is putting life at risk by absorbing too much fat.

It is ok to shame a person who wears a mask, defending himself against a potentially lethal virus.

Let me guess, the left made this logic?
I think the point flew over your head........SHAME SHAME SHAME.......LMAO

I think the point is that they want to shame people for not wearing them.

The last time I read they were saying people should under no circumstances use them.

The narrative keeps shifting every day.
They are now admitting..........finally ............that the virus is airborne...........duh.......I've been saying that since this began because of the 2003 SARs studies..............I think that is why New York city is getting pounded right now.

Almost every single thing the experts told us about the virus from the start, was a lie.

And now all must pay for their lies.
No it wasn't. Almost everything Trump told you was a lie, though. And he's still lying.
Media has been lying it's ass off for a while now.......WHO inflated the numbers...........It is Hype for Ratings...........and hiding it to reduce the Panic...........which is GLOBAL..not just here.........

Now what really gets me in all of this..........Why the HELL is everyone HORDING TP........that is simply............WEIRD.

It is not ok to shame a fat people who is putting life at risk by absorbing too much fat.

It is ok to shame a person who wears a mask, defending himself against a potentially lethal virus.

The last time I read they were saying people should under no circumstances use them.

They are now admitting..........finally ............that the virus is airborne...........duh.......I've been saying that since this began because of the 2003 SARs studies..............I think that is why New York city is getting pounded right now.

Almost every single thing the experts told us about the virus from the start, was a lie.

No it wasn't. Almost everything Trump told you was a lie, though. And he's still lying.

President Trump is saving the country. Thank god we do not have an ideological idiot at the helm, the country would be done for right now. Considering the amount of lies, president Trump has navigated the situation almost flawlessly.

You must have been one of the liars who stated the virus will never spread from China, labeling people as conspiracy hacks for suggesting so.

I went to a hardware store yesterday. The check out counter was covered in Plastic. all the workers wore gloves and while there they washed their hands with sanitizer set up at a sink. Tape was on the floor marking 6 foot...........

BTW I had to go there...............LOL.......a tornado went over my roof a few days ago and I'm having to fix it.............Almost have the damage fixed.

I then went to a store.......Greers........Not Walmart.....cause hardly anyone was there.........so few were there that Even OUR VEHICLES WERE DOING SOCIAL DISTANCING.......... Only about 8 people in the store...........4 workers that I could see...........was Stocked except no TP.........LOL

Then I went to the Dollar store got some drinks because they are cheap there.....same thing......tape on floor.......people not getting near each other........clerk wearing gloves at check out......

NOW I drove by Wally World on the way home..........Parking lot FULL..........Hundreds on top of each other..............a Virus Pandemic spread if I ever could see one......

One more thing.......I saw people at the couple of places I stopped...and I did the same using wipes on their door handles.....when getting in and out of their cars............and THIS IS ALABAMA ROLL TIDE....

This is what's sad--that we all feel the need to explain why we needed to go out, for what reason.

We are Americans. We shouldn't need to explain why we are going out or for what. We should be able to define what is "essential" to us. We shouldn't go out SICK and we shouldn't purposely sneeze/cough/get up in people's grills. Other than that, everyone can mind their own darn business and stay out of mine.

But the small percentage overloads the system............Given that...we bought them a little time.......and LIFE MUST GO ON..............Some people call it HERD IMMUNITY......and the HERD must go on even as those fall from the HERD...........we are destroying the economy AND LIVELY HOODS OF THE WORLD RIGHT NOW...........

That will NOT END WELL...........but the Small business owners are dying......perhaps that is EXACTLY what the Globalist want.

I agree and I'm not saying this virus is nothing or deserves no attention. It definitely can lead to bad things.

But look at the minions on this board who insist "no complaining" and calling out the shamers means I'm a "victim" and who are endorsing a police state. Honest to goodness, I think this is at LEAST as dangerous as the virus.

I'm not gonna check the archives to see, but what was your position on Muslim American women being permitted to wear burkas wherever they choose about 3 months ago?

In the Czech Republic wearing face masks is the law and has been for 3 weeks. It has worked very well. Those who don't wear them are shamed and fined if caught.

I would rather not live in a COMPLETE police state. I don't think COVID warrants a police state. Do you? Really.
WTF are you talking about. Wearing a facemask during a highly contagious virus is tantamount to a police state?!

No, and in my opinion what the poster is referring to is the enforcement of it being a police state.

I have worn masks all my life during the spring season, so this is nothing new for me...

My husband does too when the pollen is bad and he's mowing. And you are exactly right, it's about CHOICE. If you want to, great. If you don't, GREAT.

No one has a choice anymore, America decided every step we take is GOING TO MAKE GRANDMA DIE so we all get to Nanny everyone else's every single move.

It's awful frankly.

the "shaming" shit has been going on since day 1. people suddenly are a WASH YOU GOD DAMN HANDS police several times a day. i've had to drop some friends on facebook and ignore others cause they'd just not shut up with telling everyone what to do.

wash you hands
stay indoors
commercials on TV saying STAY INDOORS - where the fuck do they think i'm watching this shit?

so god damn tired of CORONA everywhere i turn and tired of people acting like they know exactly what to do 24x7 and must scream at others who don't do as they do.

It's amazing how many, many people's inner totalitarians came right on out, isn't it?

Media has been lying it's ass off for a while now.......WHO inflated the numbers...........It is Hype for Ratings...........and hiding it to reduce the Panic...........which is GLOBAL..not just here.........

Now what really gets me in all of this..........Why the HELL is everyone HORDING TP........that is simply............WEIRD.

If not for the media telling the truth, we'd still have Trump calling it "no different from the flu" and telling people to get back to work.

I don't use TP. I have a Tushy. You should too.

You can't buy them here.............if you wanted to..........there AREN'T ANY.

Bought N 95 on Janaury 15th, yesterday ordered 100 of the masks like they give you in a doctor's office when you're sick on Amazon.
And the Hospitals are begging for them...................Imagine that.........You do understand that the medical community NEEDS THEM..........then it NEEDS TO BE workers in a store.............they are on the front lines of this.............everyday THOUSANDS of people coming through the check outs..........they will be the HARDEST HIT.......they don't have the masks.

Imagine this I bought 5 N 95 on January 15th before anyone was crying for them and if I can buy 100 on Amazon yesterday they can too. It's cost prohibitive for them to buy masks like you or I. They buy in mass quantities. I thought I was being helpful when I replied to you saying you couldn't buy them around you and letting you know you can get them.
I just went to Amazon and they are sold out of most. The dust/medical mask (not N95) they do have will ship April 24 to May 15. Fat lot of good that would do me for THIS month. If I decide to wear one.

Holy shit. Just make one or use a bandana. Why is this so hard for people to understand.

The goal is to stop some of the drolets that leave your respiratory system from going out into the air that we share in common. Any barrier will accomplish this goal.
I know how to read, LL. I've been pushed as far as I can go at the moment.

I'm very impressed with your awesomeness.

President Trump is saving the country. Thank god we do not have an ideological idiot at the helm, the country would be done for right now. Considering the amount of lies, president Trump has navigated the situation almost flawlessly.

You must have been one of the liars who stated the virus will never spread from China, labeling people as conspiracy hacks for suggesting so.

Moronic drivel.

Get used to it. And get over it. Social distance shaming is one I'll enforce, which has meant in some cases, I've actually had to tell people to get the fuck back because they just don't seem to get the concept. Church shaming? Please..whatever your leanings are, basic human responsibility demands that you don't gather in large groups lest you take the chance that people who are the most vulnerable don't get sick and possibly die. Worship in you own home for a few months. The shopping? Tell em to fuck off and do their jobs. It's none of their business as long as I'm being socially responsible, I'll go out. I do make it a point to thank the store workers and cashiers for keeping the shelves stocked.

They just started recommending face masks and they still can't get their act together on messaging. The surgical masks that bubble and have air pocket spaces aren't going to do you jack. All I have are N95 masks that I bought for yard work (allergies) last year and the year before. That's what I've got, that's what I'll use.

So you will go out in crowds if you need something great. But no going out in crowds if people want to worship.

Pretty much sums up the typical attitude of the 21st century American, I would say. Me me mememememememememememmeemmemee

Bought N 95 on Janaury 15th, yesterday ordered 100 of the masks like they give you in a doctor's office when you're sick on Amazon.
And the Hospitals are begging for them...................Imagine that.........You do understand that the medical community NEEDS THEM..........then it NEEDS TO BE workers in a store.............they are on the front lines of this.............everyday THOUSANDS of people coming through the check outs..........they will be the HARDEST HIT.......they don't have the masks.

Imagine this I bought 5 N 95 on January 15th before anyone was crying for them and if I can buy 100 on Amazon yesterday they can too. It's cost prohibitive for them to buy masks like you or I. They buy in mass quantities. I thought I was being helpful when I replied to you saying you couldn't buy them around you and letting you know you can get them.
I just went to Amazon and they are sold out of most. The dust/medical mask (not N95) they do have will ship April 24 to May 15. Fat lot of good that would do me for THIS month. If I decide to wear one.

Holy shit. Just make one or use a bandana. Why is this so hard for people to understand.

The goal is to stop some of the drolets that leave your respiratory system from going out into the air that we share in common. Any barrier will accomplish this goal.

Whatever. Nobody has pushed you to do anything. Saddle up.

I'm very impressed with your awesomeness.

No you're not and here's the point: I don't care. You don't have to be. All you have to do is let me live my way.

We used to understand this.

But then we became Puritans.

The fact that I am actually an evangelical Christian in this scenario, and go TO MY CHURCH to escape the Puritans, never escapes me. And makes me laugh every day.

I'm not gonna check the archives to see, but what was your position on Muslim American women being permitted to wear burkas wherever they choose about 3 months ago?

Absolute same. Personally I find it very jarring, and would be disturbed if my own daughter chose it. But they have the right to do so.

Why would you be surprised that this is my stance? Women in America have the right to wear both burkas and bikinis. Or bikinis UNDER burkas. Whatever.

Imagine this: I have principles, and I try to stay consistent.

I would rather not live in a COMPLETE police state. I don't think COVID warrants a police state. Do you? Really.
WTF are you talking about. Wearing a facemask during a highly contagious virus is tantamount to a police state?!

No, and in my opinion what the poster is referring to is the enforcement of it being a police state.

I have worn masks all my life during the spring season, so this is nothing new for me...

My husband does too when the pollen is bad and he's mowing. And you are exactly right, it's about CHOICE. If you want to, great. If you don't, GREAT.

No one has a choice anymore, America decided every step we take is GOING TO MAKE GRANDMA DIE so we all get to Nanny everyone else's every single move.

It's awful frankly.

We have been heading down this long dark road of Nanny State for Decades...

America goes from one extreme to the other extreme and believe it or not this is not new.

Sure, we haven't seen this type of hysteria or phenomenon since maybe World War II but let remember America is known to suspend rights of it citizens in times of what our Government believe is a natural emergency...

So let remember history and ask why do we repeat every ten to fifty years?

Whatever. Nobody has pushed you to do anything. Saddle up.

Modern "liberals", Old Lady.

But you knew this. So did I, about 20 years ago, when I was a liberal. Then I left. Actually I ran away, and never, ever turned back.

It's awful frankly.

We have been heading down this long dark road of Nanny State for Decades...

America goes from one extreme to the other extreme and believe it or not this is not new.

Sure, we haven't seen this type of hysteria or phenomenon since maybe World War II but let remember America is known to suspend rights of it citizens in times of what our Government believe is a natural emergency...

So let remember history and ask why do we repeat every ten to fifty years?

Thank you and I agree.

Disturbing to me when so many adults can't see this.

But what are you gonna do

By all means Sue, do whatever the fuck you want. And keep doing it. And bitch like hell when the virus keeps spreading and coming back around again.

Covid19 isn't a Republican illness nor is a Democratic illness. Death is bi-partisan. But it comes for the stupid, first. I can't help but notice that all of the countries with a huge problem from this thing, are all lead by conservatives. Italy, Iran, Great Britain, and the USA.

Good luck and God bless!

If not for the media telling the truth, we'd still have Trump calling it "no different from the flu" and telling people to get back to work.

I don't use TP. I have a Tushy. You should too.

My wife and I scoot across the floor and actually have races.

Forum List

Back