Extremism From The Pro-Abortion Crowd

I'm not in favor of abortion, either. But I also believe it should be available, legally, for those who choose it, regardless of the reason.

If a woman simply wants to terminate a pregnancy, she'll do it. She can either do it legally and safely, or illegally and dangerously.

I prefer she have the availability of the former...

As do I.

See, you're just like me.

My last duty station before I retired from the Navy was at a training command in San Diego. Women on warships was a common thing at that point, and the vast majority of women "boots" were sent to ships after their training was completed.

Well, if they were given orders they did not like, they would get pregnant. The orders had to then change, because pregnant women can't serve on warships. So, their Detailer (the guy who actually writes the orders for sailors) has to reassign someone to that billet and reassign the pregnant woman to a shore command. As soon as that was all done the woman would then go have an abortion, and there wasn't a thing we could do about it. They would game the system and win, every single time.

I hated that those women were allowed to get away with that...

That's just a clumsy dodge...

As am I. I am, and you are, pro choice...

No, they don't. The average American sets the tone and, I hate to tell you this, the average American isn't a member of some fringe left-wing group...

Of course you do. And I'm sure they appreciate that sympathy from a member of the pro choice crowd...

Um, look, I don't wanna' shit in your Wheaties, but nothing you can do would "put a bug up my ass".

And what an odd thing to say...

Why do you keep saying groups like NARAL and NOW don't define things when all they do is define things?

Would either of those groups call me pro-choice? yes or no?

I was listening to the radio on my drive to work and a story came on about abortion bans.

The story was about five minutes long, and not once was contraception mentioned. But they did mention that women are being “forced into pregnancy” and that pro-lifers were “criminalizing pregnancy”.

Those are direct quotes. I kid you not.

How, exactly, is the Right forcing women into pregnancy?

You see, boys and girls, not long after primitives discovered fire, they also discovered there was a very strong correlation between sexual intercourse and pregnancy.

Now, there wasn’t much they could do about that back then. And thank goodness or we would not be here today.

However, in these modern times there are a wide variety of means to prevent pregnancy and still enjoy the pleasures of hot sex.

Since the radio reporter was obviously speaking to a wide audience of ignorant people, I though maybe I should describe some of these methods.

Abstinence? No, I’m not so stupid as to believe anyone will practice abstinence and I don’t expect them to. So don’t worry about that.

• The Pill. This is the most popular form of contraception and it is very effective. I highly recommend it.
  • Hormonal implants. Depo-Provera, Sayana Press or Noristera. This is an actual injection which lasts for several months. You don’t have to worry about remembering to take a pill every day. Is that awesome, or what? This is the method used by my daughters.
  • IUD. An IUD releases copper into the woman and alters the cervical mucus, making it harder for a sperm to reach the egg.
  • Tubal ligation. Getting your “tubes tied”. This is pretty much a permanent option. In some cases it can be reversed. But this prevents the egg from reaching the womb. Many women who have had children and don’t want any more use this method. My wife is one.
  • Vasectomy. This is male birth control. No sperm in the semen as it leaves the body. This is permanent, but can be reversed in some cases.
  • Diaphragm, cervical cap, sponge. These are items put into action just prior to sex.
  • Condom. Male birth control which the man dons just prior to sex.
  • Rhythm method. I do NOT recommend this at all.
Obviously, some methods are more effective than others.

Now you might be thinking I am being facetious. I assure you I am not. It is a fact that half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during sexual intercourse.

So, please. Women are being “forced into pregnancy”? Give me a fricking break!

Another fifth of abortions are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

As we used to say in the military, “Wrap that rascal!”

The pro-abortion lobby is hyperbolizing the living daylights out of the abortion issue. They are manufacturing bullshit, and using extremist language to frighten and anger the rubes.

If they really cared about women, they would be hyping the daylights out of contraception, and should have been doing so for the past 50 years.

They are incredibly irresponsible and keeping their constituents in everlasting ignorance for political gain.

Recognizing and defending a woman's right to privacy is not to be 'pro abortion.'

Indeed, it's perfectly consistent to oppose abortion while defending a woman's right to privacy, being two separate issues.

Why do you keep saying groups like NARAL and NOW don't define things when all they do is define things?

I never said they don't define things. I said they don't "set the tone".

They can "define" anything they want. You can call a Smart car a race car, but that doesn't mean you'll see one running at Indy.

The tone isn't set unless the majority of people agree with it, and I'm pretty fuckin' sure most pro choice people don't agree with them...

Would either of those groups call me pro-choice? yes or no?

No, and they wouldn't call me pro choice, either.

That's because your view on abortion and my view on abortion are remarkably similar.

I just think it's hysterical that you're afraid to admit that. Then again, that would be admitting your raging hypocrisy by call me pro abortion when you and I agree on almost everything...

I never said they don't define things. I said they don't "set the tone".

They can "define" anything they want. You can call a Smart car a race car, but that doesn't mean you'll see one running at Indy.

The tone isn't set unless the majority of people agree with it, and I'm pretty fuckin' sure most pro choice people don't agree with them...

No, and they wouldn't call me pro choice, either.

That's because your view on abortion and my view on abortion are remarkably similar.

I just think it's hysterical that you're afraid to admit that. Then again, that would be admitting your raging hypocrisy by call me pro abortion when you and I agree on almost everything...

Similar, but yet you won't call a baby a baby.

Did I call you pro-abortion or say some people are pro-abortion?

The original argument was you or someone said "there are no pro-abortion people" and I retorted with shout your abortion and a few people saying they would get pregnant just to have an abortion. Then it got into things like Warren wanting to shut down pregnancy crisis centers because they didn't offer abortions.

Similar, but yet you won't call a baby a baby.

I think it's funny that you believe that's such a big deal. It's not a baby, and it's not a child. It's a fetus.

Now, I completely understand that the emotional reaction is to call it a baby. After all, I would certainly I would never take a pregnant woman to task for her referring to her fetus as a baby. But I'm pretty sure medical science refers to it as a fetus...

Did I call you pro-abortion or say some people are pro-abortion?

Wait, are you about to claim that you haven't referred to anyone as "pro abortion"?

Because, yes, you most certainly have...

The original argument was you or someone said "there are no pro-abortion people" and I retorted with shout your abortion and a few people saying they would get pregnant just to have an abortion.

And you believe an idiot like that is representative of anything? You provided a single example of someone who said she would get pregnant just to have an abortion, and you want me to believe that such a mindset is prevalent in any group? That's stupid...

Then it got into things like Warren wanting to shut down pregnancy crisis centers because they didn't offer abortions.

While I detest that hag, I can understand that she wants abrotion services to be available to those of her constituents who want that option. Whether I agree with her tactics or not, I can certainly reach the very reasonable conclusion that she doesn't women to get knocked up just so they can get abortions, but you seem to framing your argument to suggest exactly that...

Recognizing and defending a woman's right to privacy is not to be 'pro abortion.'

Indeed, it's perfectly consistent to oppose abortion while defending a woman's right to privacy, being two separate issues.
Yeah, I've heard that crap before. "I hate abortion, but I'm really okay with it right up to the ninth month."

I think it's funny that you believe that's such a big deal. It's not a baby, and it's not a child. It's a fetus.

Now, I completely understand that the emotional reaction is to call it a baby. After all, I would certainly I would never take a pregnant woman to task for her referring to her fetus as a baby. But I'm pretty sure medical science refers to it as a fetus...

Wait, are you about to claim that you haven't referred to anyone as "pro abortion"?

Because, yes, you most certainly have...

And you believe an idiot like that is representative of anything? You provided a single example of someone who said she would get pregnant just to have an abortion, and you want me to believe that such a mindset is prevalent in any group? That's stupid...

While I detest that hag, I can understand that she wants abrotion services to be available to those of her constituents who want that option. Whether I agree with her tactics or not, I can certainly reach the very reasonable conclusion that she doesn't women to get knocked up just so they can get abortions, but you seem to framing your argument to suggest exactly that...

If someone advocates for abortion up to the second of birth, they are pro-abortion.

The people I referenced are pro-abortion. If you want to remove the stigma from it you are pro-abortion.

She's from fucking Massachusetts, how does allowing pregnancy crisis centers stay open shut down abortion clinics?

If someone advocates for abortion up to the second of birth, they are pro-abortion.

But if a woman demands that abortion be permitted up until the second of birth, but then gets pregnant and carries her pregnancy to term and gives birth, she's obviously not pro abortion...

The people I referenced are pro-abortion. If you want to remove the stigma from it you are pro-abortion.

Why should there be a stigma? Obviously you have some sick need to shame others so you can justify your self-righteousness.

Would you make a woman who gets an abortion wear a sign that identifies her as having had an abortion? Would you list those who receive abortions in the newspaper?

The fact that you want there to be a stigma demonstrates that you have no desire for, or appreciation of, privacy...

She's from fucking Massachusetts, how does allowing pregnancy crisis centers stay open shut down abortion clinics?

It doesn't. But that's not really what she's trying to do.

What she's trying to do is arm-twist. In her mind, threatening to close down pregnancy centers is the way to counter those who wish to ban abortion. She doesn't really want to close down pregnancy centers. She wants to keep abortion legal.

You're just so blinded by your own argument that you're unable to see that...

But if a woman demands that abortion be permitted up until the second of birth, but then gets pregnant and carries her pregnancy to term and gives birth, she's obviously not pro abortion...

Why should there be a stigma? Obviously you have some sick need to shame others so you can justify your self-righteousness.

Would you make a woman who gets an abortion wear a sign that identifies her as having had an abortion? Would you list those who receive abortions in the newspaper?

The fact that you want there to be a stigma demonstrates that you have no desire for, or appreciation of, privacy...

It doesn't. But that's not really what she's trying to do.

What she's trying to do is arm-twist. In her mind, threatening to close down pregnancy centers is the way to counter those who wish to ban abortion. She doesn't really want to close down pregnancy centers. She wants to keep abortion legal.

You're just so blinded by your own argument that you're unable to see that...

There should be a stigma if you are using it for birth control when other methods are available. You are killing your potential offspring for matters of convenience. That's self centered as hell.

We need more stigma for people behaving badly in this world, not less.

Nice rationalization there, what she thinks is most women are too stupid to figure out places where abortions are available or not. More abortions is better for her, hence why the abortion lobby gave up on "rare" in the line "safe, legal and rare"

There should be a stigma if you are using it for birth control when other methods are available. You are killing your potential offspring for matters of convenience. That's self centered as hell.

And you're killing your "potential offspring" every time you jerk off...

We need more stigma for people behaving badly in this world, not less.

To serve what purpose?

Nice rationalization there, what she thinks is most women are too stupid to figure out places where abortions are available or not.

That may or may not be. The important part is that it doesn't really matter...

More abortions is better for her,

How?

Have you heard all the nasty things the pro-abortion crowd says about pro-lifers?

Just because you don't get an abortion for yourself, that does not mean you are not pro-abortion.

"A woman's right to choose." There's a reason they truncate that. It's a woman's "right" to choose ABORTION.

Have you heard all the nasty things the pro-abortion crowd says about pro-lifers?

Just because you don't get an abortion for yourself, that does not mean you are not pro-abortion.

"A woman's right to choose." There's a reason they truncate that. It's a woman's "right" to choose ABORTION.

You voted for the pro-abortion crowd, dude.

And you're killing your "potential offspring" every time you jerk off...

To serve what purpose?

That may or may not be. The important part is that it doesn't really matter...

How?

Pre-conception and post conception are two different things, you don't see me saying the same about women when then menstrate right?

To make people behave better and not like a bunch of self-centered asshats?

Warren wants places like planned parenthood to be the only option, and PP's agenda is moar abortions.

PP makes more $$, she gets more donations, and their religious need for fetuses to get offed gets placated.

Using terms like "right to privacy" brings up comparisons to terms like "separate but equal" and "final solution". It's word salad so you don't have to say what you are really doing/want to do.

Pre-conception and post conception are two different things, you don't see me saying the same about women when then menstrate right?

Never mind.
That wooshing sound you heard was my point sailing effortlessly over your head...

To make people behave better and not like a bunch of self-centered asshats

Interesting.

So, if a woman has an abortion, and you don't know the reason why she had an abortion, you would shame her?

Warren wants places like planned parenthood to be the only option, and PP's agenda is moar abortions

Please cite a quote or an article or something in which she makes this claim.

Thanks so much...

PP makes more $$, she gets more donations, and their religious need for fetuses to get offed gets placated.

See, this is why your argument is wrought with failure (well, it's one of the reasons). You seem to think that the majority of pro choice people want women to get abortions.

That's just idiotic...

Never mind.
That wooshing sound you heard was my point sailing effortlessly over your head...

Interesting.

So, if a woman has an abortion, and you don't know the reason why she had an abortion, you would shame her?

Please cite a quote or an article or something in which she makes this claim.

Thanks so much...

See, this is why your argument is wrought with failure (well, it's one of the reasons). You seem to think that the majority of pro choice people want women to get abortions.

That's just idiotic...

I said for birth control purposes, can you read?

And I refuted your point, dipshit.

no.

More abortions, more proof they are needed, hence them getting rid of the "rare"

Why else are they getting rid of the "rare"?

I said for birth control purposes, can you read?

And I refuted your point, dipshit.

no.

More abortions, more proof they are needed, hence them getting rid of the "rare"

Why else are they getting rid of the "rare"?

You've refuted nothing, especially the fact you are most certainly "pro choice"...

OP doesnt realize these pro life extremists are working on banning contraceptives. LA has made IUDs a goddamn MURDER WEAPON.
But people that dont want the govt to force gestation are the extremists LOL
I love it when people thumb down reality. Really shows a lot about their character ;)
buttercup

You've refuted nothing, especially the fact you are most certainly "pro choice"...

I am what I am, ask NARAL and NOW if I am pro-choice, and you wouldn't get that as an answer.

Why is this so important to you, are you OCD or something?

Forum List

Back