Extremism From The Pro-Abortion Crowd

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I was listening to the radio on my drive to work and a story came on about abortion bans.

The story was about five minutes long, and not once was contraception mentioned. But they did mention that women are being “forced into pregnancy” and that pro-lifers were “criminalizing pregnancy”.

Those are direct quotes. I kid you not.

How, exactly, is the Right forcing women into pregnancy?

You see, boys and girls, not long after primitives discovered fire, they also discovered there was a very strong correlation between sexual intercourse and pregnancy.

Now, there wasn’t much they could do about that back then. And thank goodness or we would not be here today.

However, in these modern times there are a wide variety of means to prevent pregnancy and still enjoy the pleasures of hot sex.

Since the radio reporter was obviously speaking to a wide audience of ignorant people, I though maybe I should describe some of these methods.

Abstinence? No, I’m not so stupid as to believe anyone will practice abstinence and I don’t expect them to. So don’t worry about that.

• The Pill. This is the most popular form of contraception and it is very effective. I highly recommend it.
  • Hormonal implants. Depo-Provera, Sayana Press or Noristera. This is an actual injection which lasts for several months. You don’t have to worry about remembering to take a pill every day. Is that awesome, or what? This is the method used by my daughters.
  • IUD. An IUD releases copper into the woman and alters the cervical mucus, making it harder for a sperm to reach the egg.
  • Tubal ligation. Getting your “tubes tied”. This is pretty much a permanent option. In some cases it can be reversed. But this prevents the egg from reaching the womb. Many women who have had children and don’t want any more use this method. My wife is one.
  • Vasectomy. This is male birth control. No sperm in the semen as it leaves the body. This is permanent, but can be reversed in some cases.
  • Diaphragm, cervical cap, sponge. These are items put into action just prior to sex.
  • Condom. Male birth control which the man dons just prior to sex.
  • Rhythm method. I do NOT recommend this at all.
Obviously, some methods are more effective than others.

Now you might be thinking I am being facetious. I assure you I am not. It is a fact that half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during sexual intercourse.

So, please. Women are being “forced into pregnancy”? Give me a fricking break!

Another fifth of abortions are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

As we used to say in the military, “Wrap that rascal!”

The pro-abortion lobby is hyperbolizing the living daylights out of the abortion issue. They are manufacturing bullshit, and using extremist language to frighten and anger the rubes.

If they really cared about women, they would be hyping the daylights out of contraception, and should have been doing so for the past 50 years.

They are incredibly irresponsible and keeping their constituents in everlasting ignorance for political gain.

I was listening to the radio on my drive to work and a story came on about abortion bans.

The story was about five minutes long, and not once was contraception mentioned. But they did mention that women are being “forced into pregnancy” and that pro-lifers were “criminalizing pregnancy”.

You see, boys and girls, not long after primitives discovered fire, they also discovered there was a very strong correlation between sexual intercourse and pregnancy.

Now, there wasn’t much they could do about that back then. And thank goodness or we would not be here today.

However, in these modern times there are a wide variety of means to prevent pregnancy and still enjoy the pleasures of hot sex.

Since the radio reporter was obviously speaking to a wide audience of ignorant people, I though maybe I should describe some of these methods.

Abstinence? No, I’m not so stupid as to believe anyone will practice abstinence and I don’t expect them to. So don’t worry about that.

• The Pill. This is the most popular form of contraception and it is very effective. I highly recommend it.
  • Hormonal implants. Depo-Provera, Sayana Press or Noristera. This is an actual injection which lasts for several months. You don’t have to worry about remembering to take a pill every day. Is that awesome, or what? This is the method used by my daughters.
  • IUD. An IUD releases copper into the woman and alters the cervical mucus, making it harder for a sperm to reach the egg.
  • Tubal ligation. Getting your “tubes tied”. This is pretty much a permanent option. In some cases it can be reversed. But this prevents the egg from reaching the womb. Many women who have had children and don’t want any more use this method. My wife is one.
  • Vasectomy. This is male birth control. No sperm in the semen as it leaves the body. This is permanent, but can be reversed in some cases.
  • Diaphragm, cervical cap, sponge. These are items put into action just prior to sex.

Now you might be thinking I am being facetious. I assure you I am not. It is a fact that half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during sexual intercourse.

Another fifth of abortions are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

The pro-abortion lobby is hyperbolizing the living daylights out of the abortion issue. They are manufacturing bullshit, and using extremist language to frighten and anger the rubes.

If they really cared about women, they would be hyping the daylights out of contraception, and should have been doing so for the past 50 years.

They are incredibly irresponsible and keeping their constituents in everlasting ignorance for political gain.

You voted for and support the most pro-abortion administration in American history.

They are making laws that ban birth control now, or were you not aware of that little factoid?

1658931761273.png
381.apc_august_2019_rate.png

OP doesnt realize these pro life extremists are working on banning contraceptives. LA has made IUDs a goddamn MURDER WEAPON.
But people that dont want the govt to force gestation are the extremists LOL

you asked for, now you get it. AFter 50 years of misogynist theocrat extremism with MAinstREAM HARRASSMENT at abortion centers And the gop led DOJs looking the other way .... ENJOY

OP doesnt realize these pro life extremists are working on banning contraceptives. LA has made IUDs a goddamn MURDER WEAPON.

IUD's are thought to prevent implantation of a fertilized egg, which could be considered an abortion. So one method out of how many?

Louisiana has not banned IUDs and the language in the referenced bill is ambiguous.

I think it's fair to say there are nuts on both sides of this issue.

Louisiana has not banned IUDs and the language in the referenced bill is ambiguous.

I think it's fair to say there are nuts on both sides of this issue.

The issue with IUD's is that people believe they can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg after conception, which for many pro-life people puts it on the abortion side and not the birth control side.

Glad that you approve of contraception.

Unfortunately Thomas has signaled that IT also has become a target and numerous GOP lawmakers have said the same

The issue with IUD's is that people believe they can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg after conception, which for many pro-life people puts it on the abortion side and not the birth control side.
Of course even if that is true, it puts that “abortion” well within the six week window, doesn’t it…

Post all the links you want.

If "pro life" is to advocate for every pregnancy to be carried to term, the "pro abortion" is to advocate that every pregnancy be terminated.

Period.

Perusing that website, I didn't see anything which showed that they advocate the termination of every pregnancy. If a woman gets pregnant and carries her pregnancy to term, I doubt that group would be offended by that...

Glad that you approve of contraception.

Unfortunately Thomas has signaled that IT also has become a target and numerous GOP lawmakers have said the same

His issue is with the reasoning behind Griswold, substantive due process, not contraception itself.

Forum List

Back